Guests I want for FanimeCon 2008!!!

Started by FanFicGuru, May 29, 2007, 12:48:47 PM

Acid_Android

Quote from: Kazuko on December 21, 2007, 02:19:40 PM
Tony you made me cry ;_________________;

(;_____;  ) Believe me, we totally feel your pain!! We really tried our best to get them and thought it was going to go through, so when we got the news that it wasn't going to happen, my heart died a little I was really disappointed.  LOLL But no, seriously, we hope all of you will be super happy with the band that we're waiting on confirmations for (;_________;  )

One of my own personal faves, btw.
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

GokuMew2

Quote from: Tony on December 21, 2007, 01:51:52 PM
Well now that it fell through... yes. We were going to get UVERworld.

We got down to the last bit of negotation (I started drafting the contract with our terms) but they decided they needed to focus on their fanbase in Japan, first. My guess is they'll be releasing new material soon and need to rally their fanbase before anything else. I can't blame them; frankly, I was happy they even considered us!

I'm awaiting confirmation on another band, more indy, that's been mentioned here. Hopefully we'll have things signed and announced mid-late january.
EHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .T__________________T
Man, that would've been MOST AWESOME. I think you should have just like... not told us how close you were to getting them. :'(

More indy.... ELLEGARDEN perhaps!?!?!?!? Takeshiiiiiiiiii~~~~~~!!!
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Tony

Sorry  :-\ I just wanted to... share the pain...  :D

No, seriously - I wanted to let everyone know that we are listening, and that we're trying the best we can... even if it doesn't always work out in the end.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Nina Star 9

...Amano's not a band... darn. Un;ess you are counting Amano + her band as a band...  ;D ;D

...Not indies either, but still pretty close to it for being signed onto a major label, so that's more indies than not at all... right?

*should have just given up hope long ago*

deonchan

Quote from: Tony on December 21, 2007, 06:34:26 PM

No, seriously - I wanted to let everyone know that we are listening, and that we're trying the best we can... even if it doesn't always work out in the end.

That sux :(

But ona bright side maybe Tony can now try to pull M-Flo? yes yes yes kk thx bai!
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

GokuMew2

Quote from: Tony on December 21, 2007, 06:34:26 PM

I'm sure everyone is appreciative of Fanime's efforts. Thanks!! You're the best~!
NOW GET ME ELLEGARDEN INSTEAD! LoL. ;D
< Mew >

Arisa

I forgot up and till today to post my guest wish list.^^;
It would be awesome if we could have gotten UVERworld, but it's okay. I appreciate Fanime's efforts.

Since we already got Kiuchi Hidenobu, hope we can get more seiyuu to accompany him? X.D
Hatano Wataru
Koyasu Takehito
Okiayu Ryoutarou
Suwabe Junichi
Suzumura Kenichi
Seki Tomokazu
Konishi Katsuyuki
Suzuki Tastuhisa
Morikawa Toshiyuki
Sakurai Takahiro
Minagawa Junko
Hisakawa Aya
Saiga Mitsuki
Kaida Yuki
and lots more

and like Nina Star 9, I say we get Amano Tsukiko, too She's really a great singer, underrated and be perfect for Fanime. so yeah.^^;;; First Japanese artist I took a liking into, (non seiyuu).^^;;;

Like Gokumew2 said ELLEGARDEN would just be awesome, too!  ;D

I know some of the seiyuus might be really hard to get. But just throwing out names.^^;;

Thank you for your guys efforts! Fanime 2008 will be my first con so I hope it can be awesome! It already is with Kiuchi as the the first guest!

Arisa

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on December 21, 2007, 09:45:01 PM
...Amano's not a band... darn. Un;ess you are counting Amano + her band as a band...  ;D ;D

...Not indies either, but still pretty close to it for being signed onto a major label, so that's more indies than not at all... right?

Don't give up hope! X.DDD

Glad to see a fellow Amano fan. I join you onto the Amano bandwagon for Fanime! I think I recognize you from Voice Over Forums?

Fanime 2008 will be my first con, and it'll be awesome if Amano was there.
Just like you, I think Amano would be awesome for Fanime~

PyronIkari

I'm going to throw this out and unlike the normal go through, I actually don't have that much to go on.

Tokyo Nu-School of Jazz

A band that I absolutely love, but don't know too much about. I have one of their albums and have misc mp3s of theirs. It's not the usual things you'd expect at a con, but it's great music from an amazing band, with a very JP twist on Jazz.

(I like how this thread has become more of a sharing interest in music thread over an actual thread where fanime looks and tries to get guests that are recommended here).

On a semi-serious note, Tommy Heavenly 6/The Brilliant Green. With Tomoko going back and the Brilliant Green starting up, as well as her wide variety of song types doing her solo/heavelny 6 thing... They'd be a good interest to pick up all kinds of people. Very very candy poppish songs, to 80/early 90's style rock, to a very current rock sound.

PS if you haven't, go buy Heavy Starry Night, Tommy Heavenly 6's latest album. One of the best album releases in a long time, entire album is amazing.

Oh, and go pick up US release of Eleven Fire Crackers by Ellegarden. They redid a lot of the songs, and cleaned up a lot of the English so it sounds pretty much flawless. They also changed up some of the notes in a few songs(like Alternative Plans).

Nina Star 9

Quote from: Arisa on December 22, 2007, 12:27:27 PM

Glad to see a fellow Amano fan. I join you onto the Amano bandwagon for Fanime! I think I recognize you from Voice Over Forums?

What, the totally A LUNCH themed set gave it away, didn't it? XD Yes, I am Musouka there. I'm just glad that another fan goes to Fanime!

I've been pushing for Amano for a couple of years now, and still no Amano, but hopefully this year we have enough pull to get her to come out.

I still vote for JiLL-Decoy association to fill Fanime's jazz quota. I have never heard anything by Tokyo Nu-School of Jazz (yet), but I would be very excited to see a jazz group come out. That is a new genre for Fanime and would be an awesome addition to the con.

GokuMew2

Looooooooove Arisa's guest list. ;D
I think if Hatano Wataru were offered to come to Fanime, there'd be a good chance of him accepting! Me, Arisa, and some other friends sent him a Christmas present and he wrote about it in his blog! (R1 Yumeria DVDs-- his first main role; translation of his blog entry here) Arisa and I also mentioned Fanime in our letters, hehe. PLEASE TRY TO GET WACCHA!!! Here's his ANN article. (old profile pic of him .>_> *points to forum avatar instead*) I'm sure most people are familiar with Kasanoda from Ouran. :)

PS If you want to give him a poke for Fanime, his website is http://haoto.main.jp/ and you can send him email via a web form. All mail from the form goes directly to him. *nudgenudgewinkwink* He was in DARKER THAN BLACK with Kiuchi, though only for the first two episodes.

PPS The perfect person to compliment Hatano is Suzuki Tatsuhisa! ;) They're kinda best buddies and they had a couple radio shows together (they're HILARIOUS). Plus Tatsu can SING! Get him for MusicFest! .*__________*

Quote from: Arisa on December 22, 2007, 12:22:46 PM
It would be awesome if we could have gotten UVERworld, but it's okay. I appreciate Fanime's efforts.

Since we already got Kiuchi Hidenobu, hope we can get more seiyuu to accompany him? X.D
Hatano Wataru
Koyasu Takehito
Okiayu Ryoutarou
Suwabe Junichi
Suzumura Kenichi
Seki Tomokazu
Konishi Katsuyuki
Suzuki Tastuhisa
Morikawa Toshiyuki
Sakurai Takahiro
Minagawa Junko
Hisakawa Aya
Saiga Mitsuki
Kaida Yuki
and lots more
< Mew >

Arisa

X.DDDDDDD Thankies Mew!  ;D
I agree with everything Gokumew2 said. As mentioned we sent him letters asking him to come to Fanime. And Hatano is the type of person of who loves his fans and so nice!

If Suzuki Tastuhisa comes along too with Hatano, they'll be so great for MusicFest.*___________* Tastu is such a awesome singer and funny guy!
Quote from: GokuMew2 on December 23, 2007, 11:37:22 AM
I think if Hatano Wataru were offered to come to Fanime, there'd be a good chance of him accepting! Me, Arisa, and some other friends sent him a Christmas present and he wrote about it in his blog! (R1 Yumeria DVDs-- his first main role; translation of his blog entry here) Arisa and I also mentioned Fanime in our letters, hehe. PLEASE TRY TO GET WACCHA!!! Here's his ANN article. (old profile pic of him .>_> *points to forum avatar instead*) I'm sure most people are familiar with Kasanoda from Ouran. :)

PS If you want to give him a poke for Fanime, his website is http://haoto.main.jp/ and you can send him email via a web form. All mail from the form goes directly to him. *nudgenudgewinkwink* He was in DARKER THAN BLACK with Kiuchi, though only for the first two episodes.

PPS The perfect person to compliment Hatano is Suzuki Tatsuhisa! ;) They're kinda best buddies and they had a couple radio shows together (they're HILARIOUS). Plus Tatsu can SING! Get him for MusicFest! .*__________*

Hatano Wataru
Koyasu Takehito
Okiayu Ryoutarou
Suwabe Junichi
Suzumura Kenichi
Seki Tomokazu
Konishi Katsuyuki
Suzuki Tastuhisa
Morikawa Toshiyuki
Sakurai Takahiro
Minagawa Junko
Hisakawa Aya
Saiga Mitsuki
Kaida Yuki
and lots more

Arisa

Yeah.^^;; Well, you have another person pushing for Amano~ Hopefully she'll be able to come this year.  ;D
Quote from: Nina Star 9 on December 22, 2007, 10:02:31 PM
Quote from: Arisa on December 22, 2007, 12:27:27 PM

What, the totally A LUNCH themed set gave it away, didn't it? XD Yes, I am Musouka there. I'm just glad that another fan goes to Fanime!

I've been pushing for Amano for a couple of years now, and still no Amano, but hopefully this year we have enough pull to get her to come out.

I still vote for JiLL-Decoy association to fill Fanime's jazz quota. I have never heard anything by Tokyo Nu-School of Jazz (yet), but I would be very excited to see a jazz group come out. That is a new genre for Fanime and would be an awesome addition to the con.

KyraEnsui

Quote from: GokuMew2 on December 23, 2007, 11:37:22 AM

Hatano Wataru
Koyasu Takehito
Okiayu Ryoutarou
Suwabe Junichi
Suzumura Kenichi
Seki Tomokazu
Konishi Katsuyuki
Suzuki Tastuhisa
Morikawa Toshiyuki
Sakurai Takahiro
Minagawa Junko
Hisakawa Aya
Saiga Mitsuki
Kaida Yuki
and lots more

XD!! *raises hand* I second motion this too! Good list, Arisa~! X3!

Nyu_x

My little sister loveeeees Amano, lol.

For me, unrealisticly, I want Gazette or Kagrra. And of course Gackt. pfffft u_u;
More realisticly, Back-on! YES! Who's with meeee? XDD

...*cricket noises*

PyronIkari

Back-On is good, though they aren't very popular, outside of Chain and New World... nothing of theirs did very well.

Windfall

As a result of my recent discovery of Hikaru no Go, I'm now slightly obsessed with DRM (dream) and would love to see them come perform at Fanime.

jemz

Quote from: Tony on December 21, 2007, 01:51:52 PM
Well now that it fell through... yes. We were going to get UVERworld.

We got down to the last bit of negotation (I started drafting the contract with our terms) but they decided they needed to focus on their fanbase in Japan, first. My guess is they'll be releasing new material soon and need to rally their fanbase before anything else. I can't blame them; frankly, I was happy they even considered us!

I'm awaiting confirmation on another band, more indy, that's been mentioned here. Hopefully we'll have things signed and announced mid-late january.

And then I'm booking the most awesome act ever for my own personal amusement.  ;D ... well, not really; that's irresponsible. But if money were no object...

I'm still really bummed out by this, Tony.  T_T 

Crossing my fingers that things go well for this other band. *HOPES*
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

pockystix

Do you think it'll be a shoe-in that Hiroyuki Yamaga will attend again this year? Because if that's the case, it would be REALLY awesome to bring key staff members that worked on this year's GAINAX hit, Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann. Maybe even some seiyuu from said show? (like Inoue Marina; her popularity actually grew this year...)

I'll be sure to bring my Union Flagann~
New sn = Meirin

Nyu_x

I still want back-on! *O*
Anddd, scratch gackt.
I want Kato Kazuki.
....which is also impossible.
this thread makes me sad.
*cries*