Guests I want for FanimeCon 2008!!!

Started by FanFicGuru, May 29, 2007, 12:48:47 PM

Leviathan

Another manga-ka request: Nobuhiro Watsuki

Grah, Uverworld Tony? Wow, that would've been awesome if they didn't have other pressing matters at hand.

GokuMew2

Wow, okay, I am of the mind that Fanime reaaaaaaaaaally needs to get Hatano Wataru as guest this year! X.D He posted in his blog and what does he say??

小さい頃から飛行機を見ていたのに、まだ乗ったことはなく...(笑)
今年の目標は『飛行機に乗る!!』ですね。
I've always looked at airplanes since I was small but I've still never ridden one...
I guess this year's objective is "I'll ride on an airplane!!"

(Full entry here. Website here.)

IT'S  A SIIIIIIIIIIIIIGN~~~~~~!!!! I think a flight to San Jose would be an awesome first for him! Invite him to Fanime?? Pretty please with a large cherry on top and whipped cream on the side?? ;D
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

KyraEnsui

Quote from: GokuMew2 on January 06, 2008, 12:01:24 PM
Wow, okay, I am of the mind that Fanime reaaaaaaaaaally needs to get Hatano Wataru as guest this year! X.D He posted in his blog and what does he say??

今年の目標は『飛行機に乗る!!』ですね。
I've always looked at airplanes since I was small but I've still never ridden one...

IT'S  A SIIIIIIIIIIIIIGN~~~~~~!!!! I think a flight to San Jose would be an awesome first for him! Invite him to Fanime?? Pretty please with a large cherry on top and whipped cream on the side?? ;D

XD *raise hands* I agree that we should invite Hatano-san to Fanime~!  ;D And I'll add a boat load of sushi too~!

GokuMew2

Quote from: KyraEnsui on January 06, 2008, 12:28:18 PM
XD *raise hands* I agree that we should invite Hatano-san to Fanime~!  ;D And I'll add a boat load of sushi too~!

Oooh~ Sushi!
How 'bout it, Fanime? ;D
< Mew >

Dragon Ninja

Johnny Yong Bosch, Stephanie Sheh, and Kari Wahlgren.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

mDuo13

I'm still hoping for Base Ball Bear. Freaking awesome band.

Arisa

Quote from: KyraEnsui on January 06, 2008, 12:28:18 PM
Quote from: GokuMew2 on January 06, 2008, 12:01:24 PM

今年の目標は『飛行機に乗る!!』ですね。

XDDD Yum sushi! I agree we invite Hatano san to Fanime!  ;D

For his first airplane flight to a foreign country and an convention would be so exciting and awesome! I know how exciting it is when your first airplane ride to a foreign country. X.DD

GokuMew2

Whoa um, is it okay to post this? The word's out on the official website of the band, but Fanime has not said anything.

I'll let it speak for itself. http://www.ancafe-web.com/world.htm

*would have personally preferred ELLEGARDEN* but anyway. *thumbs up* I guess this'll be a nice tie-in with Kiuchi since they did the second OP for DARKER THAN BLACK.
< Mew >

zoupzuop2

Quote from: Tony on December 13, 2007, 01:47:21 PM
Quote from: PyronIkari on December 13, 2007, 11:11:09 AM
Elle is extremely capable of getting. They come to the US for shows occasionally, they are just starting to release US albums, this is a GREAT chance for them to hit a giant market. Wonder if Fanime staff is going to pick up on this. Not just because I'm a fan of ////elle, mave all the albums, and DVDs... but because they would be a good pull.
My ears are burning. No, I didn't light a q-tip.

But AVEX and Sony are knocking, so them first...
Avex... Mega NRG Man, Dave Rodgers, Fastway... no chance... *snif*
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Tony

Quote from: GokuMew2 on January 13, 2008, 11:09:22 AM
Whoa um, is it okay to post this? The word's out on the official website of the band, but Fanime has not said anything.

*would have personally preferred ELLEGARDEN* but anyway. *thumbs up* I guess this'll be a nice tie-in with Kiuchi since they did the second OP for DARKER THAN BLACK.

I've probably said this 10 times since yesterday, but... we can't confirm or deny that An Cafe is coming to FanimeCon at this time...  ;D
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

GokuMew2

Quote from: Tony on January 13, 2008, 11:51:53 AM
I've probably said this 10 times since yesterday, but... we can't confirm or deny that An Cafe is coming to FanimeCon at this time...  ;D

Haha.
I've been told to be wary of a crazy line full of vkei fangirls. :P
I'm really not into vkei J-rock but their DTB OP was okay, so I hope most of their songs are in that style.
< Mew >

FanFicGuru

Can we get Matt Greenfield to come? I know he usually just goes to AX or whatever, but it would be cool to see him again. Chances are he'd bring Tiffany too (they're married aren't they?)

Crispin Freeman would be good (Kyon dub was pretty good). And I'll say it again:

Please please PLEASE, if Hiroyuki Yamaga is coming, have him bring the Gurren Lagaan seiyuu, namely Simon, Yoko and/or Kamina. I will die. Seriously. Croak.

Ummm...Norihigo Yagi (Claymore) might be nice to have as well.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

phoenixphire24

Quote from: Tony on January 13, 2008, 11:51:53 AM
Quote from: GokuMew2 on January 13, 2008, 11:09:22 AM

I hope this is true! Now just get Nightmare and I'll love you forever!   ;D

Cowpunk

How about a link on the home page to information on the guests we can expect this year. I see nothing on this on the pages.

I'm curious if Yamaga-san will be here, I plan to buy him an interesting gift which will require tracking down certain people in the US science fiction and entertainment industry to sign it. If he's not here I'll have to hand deliver it to him in Tokyo next year.
Gilles Poitras
Obsession: Anime

phoenixphire24

Quote from: Cowpunk on January 19, 2008, 01:58:43 PM
How about a link on the home page to information on the guests we can expect this year. I see nothing on this on the pages.

I'm curious if Yamaga-san will be here, I plan to buy him an interesting gift which will require tracking down certain people in the US science fiction and entertainment industry to sign it. If he's not here I'll have to hand deliver it to him in Tokyo next year.

On the Fanime home page, if you look under "events" and scroll down the page a bit, you can find this info under "guests of honor." There's only 2 so far, but hopefully we'll be hearing about more some time soon.  ???

mswndrfl

Chris Patton, Vic Mignogna, Travis Willingham, Colleen Clinkenbeard, Johnny Young Bosch, Chris Sabat, Laura Bailey.

Really, any of those people. They're all amazing VA's.

Tony

Quote from: Cowpunk on January 19, 2008, 01:58:43 PM

It's pretty much a given that we'll be inviting the regulars (e.g. Yamaga-san and yourself  ;D)... the lack of announcements in this case seems to be an very irritating idiosyncrasy with Fanime...
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Hi!!! Is anyone from Fanime Guest Relations or Staffing going to attend Animation on Display 2008 at San Francisco's Cathedral Hill Hotel?  Vic Mignogna is going there as a guest of Honor for the second time at that convention.

My name is Jason.  I'm One of the former Fanime E-Gaming 2006 Video Game Console Staffers.  I mentioned to him about Fanime con back in 2006 and he is really interested about the con and heard about it in the past but sadly I do not have the power or connections to invite him to Fanime.

This is just a suggestion to the Fanime Guest Relations Department.  So if anyone from Fanime Staffing willing enough to check out AOD 2008 on February 15th and 16th, please feel free to check out the con.

I will be staffing their convention as one of the E-gaming console Staffers there.  Thanks and I hope Fanime will consider and think about this humble request.

And Fanime please do your best in inviting more Japanese Seiyuu to check out our convention.  Thanks for evolving and working hard to make Fanime what it is today.  :D
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

naruto_ramen_1

Hi all ^__^

I'd like to see:

Alessandro Juliani -- English voice of L from DeathNote
Brad Swaile -- English voice of Light from DeathNote
Dave Wittenberg -- English voice for Kakashi from Naruto
Yuri Lowenthal -- English voice for Sasuke from Naruto

These are my two favorite shows!!
Dattebayo!

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: naruto_ramen_1 on January 23, 2008, 10:17:14 AM
Hi all ^__^

I'd like to see:

Alessandro Juliani -- English voice of L from DeathNote
Brad Swaile -- English voice of Light from DeathNote
Dave Wittenberg -- English voice for Kakashi from Naruto
Yuri Lowenthal -- English voice for Sasuke from Naruto

These are my two favorite shows!!

I did work with Yuri Lowenthal, and had lunch with him a few times. That guy is incredibly nice, and just so laid back and chill, but hillarious. We got some of the most hillarirous takes when we were trying to record a line that consisted of

"..." but he had to still make a sound or a noise to imply that he was there. 16 seconds later we were dying from laughing so hard at the end result.

WTF Jun logged me out with out me noticing.

-Pyron

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com