Guests I want for FanimeCon 2008!!!

Started by FanFicGuru, May 29, 2007, 12:48:47 PM

GokuMew2

Quote from: unclemilo on February 20, 2008, 05:42:29 PM
I hope that doesn't include me!  *Sniff*
Haha, you're an exception. I was at the panel with you, Mizushima, and Sanada in 2006. You're quite the character and I enjoyed seeing you. (Though sorry-- I don't watch dubs so I'm not familiar with your works and only know that you do a lot of extra characters. .^^; )
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

EvilBunnyKid

MIYAVI!!!  But I can SOOOOO live with ANTIC CAFE!!!!   :P  :P

heeroyuy135

unclemilo

Quote from: GokuMew2 on February 20, 2008, 06:26:24 PM
Quote from: unclemilo on February 20, 2008, 05:42:29 PM
I hope that doesn't include me!  *Sniff*
Haha, you're an exception. I was at the panel with you, Mizushima, and Sanada in 2006. You're quite the character and I enjoyed seeing you. (Though sorry-- I don't watch dubs so I'm not familiar with your works and only know that you do a lot of extra characters. .^^; )

That's OK... though it may seem to defy all the laws of the cosmos,
I don't actually watch dubs either.

This is because I grew up on foreign films (and I thank my parents every day for that) so
I just like to hear things in their original language.

And you'd be hard pressed to find me in most of the titles I'm in :)

Usaku

Bettina Kurkoski--creator of TP's "My Cat Loki" and has worked on a few other titles for them (Star Wars, Warriors)
Svetlana Chmakova--creator or TP's "DramaCon"

A majority of North American manga-inspired artists that are published leave something to be desired (IMO), but these two floor me in their ability to tell a compelling and expressive story. Bettina in particular has, in my opinion, the finest skills of published OEL authors. She also seems like a happy go lucky, down to earth gal! She's been a guest at a couple east coast/mid-west cons, but with Fanime's "By Fans, For Fans" mantra, I think they'd both be great to have as success stories and experience of North American manga fans/artists.
FanimeCon Creative Co-Director
Staff Since 2003
http://missleliel.deviantart.com

slifertheskydragon

iono if this list is supposed to be JUST japanese/anime/manga related, but if we could get David Kaufman or cartoonists like Butch Hartman or they guys who work on the Boondocks, that'd be awesome

Dragon Ninja

Quote from: slifertheskydragon on February 28, 2008, 09:50:33 PM
iono if this list is supposed to be JUST japanese/anime/manga related, but if we could get David Kaufman or cartoonists like Butch Hartman or they guys who work on the Boondocks, that'd be awesome
Oh, God, Yes! That would be awesome.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Sora

Hey, I got another one: FLOW (band that does the Naruto songs, Go! and Re:member)
"Don't give me any orders."

GokuMew2

Quote from: Edward Elric on March 09, 2008, 07:25:54 PM
Hey, I got another one: FLOW (band that does the Naruto songs, Go! and Re:member)
And COLORS for Code Geass. ;)
I don't think Fanime's going to get any more huge guests for Musicfest anymore this year since they've already got An Cafe.

So like, the con's in what, 2 and a half months? I hope the announcement for the rest of GoHs will be up soon?? ???
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

phoenixphire24

Quote from: slifertheskydragon on February 28, 2008, 09:50:33 PM

Or the guys that do Avatar the Last Airbender? It's almost anime and is based on a lot of Asian philosophy/martial arts. I LOVE Avatar!!!

wings_of_an_angel

music artists: BoA, nami tamaki, high and mighty color,olivia, ayumi hamasaki, koda kumi

voice actors: vic mignogna, steve blum, scott mcneil

(I REALLY, REALLY WOULD LOVE TO MEET BOA (THE KOREAN ARTIST) I TOTTALY IDOLIZE HER!
THEN AGAIN FAT CHANCE OF THAT HAPPENING)

Succubus

I say, bring back Reuben Langdon (Dante), please. And have him bring along his "brothers" Dan Southworth (Vergil) and Johnny Bosch (Nero) as well. With the fourth Devil May Cry game out now, it would be great for them to come. They can talk about the game now rather than keep quiet about it, like what Johnny had to do. And of course there's also the anime too.

Jackpot!

havok rt

Quote from: Succubus on March 16, 2008, 05:40:20 PM
I say, bring back Reuben Langdon (Dante), please. And have him bring along his "brothers" Dan Southworth (Vergil) and Johnny Bosch (Nero) as well. With the fourth Devil May Cry game out now, it would be great for them to come. They can talk about the game now rather than keep quiet about it, like what Johnny had to do. And of course there's also the anime too.

Jackpot!
I 2nd that
and bring Steven Jay Blum =He's in god know how many roles and some other American Voice actors us dubbies wanta meet them!
Fanime Staff:2010 Social Gaming, 2012 Tabletop Gaming

Cosplay for 2012: Walking around with "The Most Interesting Man In the World" (aka the dos equis guy)

Reira-hime

As much as I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see BoA in America.....her schedule is just waaaaaay too busy for any convention.  >_<  I, personally, would faint if Shiina Ringo were to come out.  But, alas.......that just would NEVER happen.  Hahaha.

On an even more realistic note, here is my list of 2008 guest suggestions (some are more feasible than others):

1) STEPHANIE YANEZ
2) Hirano Aya
3) OLIVIA
4) Tuschiya Anna
5) Miyavi
6) Iijima Mari

Jehuty

Quote from: havok rt on March 18, 2008, 01:48:17 AM

Quote from: Succubus on March 16, 2008, 05:40:20 PM

Jackpot!
I 2nd that
and bring Steven Jay Blum =He's in god know how many roles and some other American Voice actors us dubbies wanta meet them!

"Dubbies". I'm borrowing that one.
At any rate, that'd be an unexpected surprise.
PRO-DUB
ENGLISH, Mother%@#!-er, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!

Mr. Wendell

I want to hang out and party with Yamaga-san again.

He can have his friends hang out with my friends, and we can be friends.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

Shi_Musouka

Throw Yoshida Brothers(musicians) in there too, if no one has mentioned them yet.

mousou_machine

guests i want: original seiyuu, no matter how good a english voice actor is, the seiyuu is always better (unless, of course, you're the kind of person that likes dubs over subs, then i have nothing to say to you :|)

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: mousou_machine on March 25, 2008, 12:57:10 AM
guests i want: original seiyuu, no matter how good a english voice actor is, the seiyuu is always better (unless, of course, you're the kind of person that likes dubs over subs, then i have nothing to say to you :|)

That's not always true, I'm sure there a good share or not so great seiyuus out there. Plus, it would seem fair to invite some english VAs since I believe there are some that would want to come to Fanime but haven't been approached or been asked.

firegoddessnerys

Guests *thinks* Well it's unfortunate Vic can't make it as he is one of my favorite English VA's, but...
Okay I'll get the completely unrealistic snowball's-chance-in-hell ones out of my way, just so they're said: Hyde, Gackt...I don't know if I would consider Kagrra, HUGE but they are bigger than they used to be. Now for a little more realistic
English VA's: Crispin Freeman, Chris Patton, Illich Guardiola.
Japanese seiyuu, if possible: Noriaki Sugiyama (ah-ha-ha-ha...I'm dreaming the impossible too much, Sasuke's voice actor, yeah right.) Toshinobu Iida (the voice of Mukuro in Katekyo Hitman Reborn), Takashi Kando (the voice of Hibari in same series)...actually any of the seiyuu from Reborn (*is addicted to that series*)
Finally manga-ka: Matsuri Hino (Vampire Knight) would be cool, especially with the anime coming out soon, and I love Bisco Hatori's works...
Um, that's what I can think of for now.

A Tale as Old as Time