Guests I want for FanimeCon 2008!!!

Started by FanFicGuru, May 29, 2007, 12:48:47 PM

GokuMew2

Quote from: firegoddessnerys on March 25, 2008, 10:29:37 PM
Takashi Kando (the voice of Hibari in same series)
Think you meant Kondou Takashi. ;D
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

zoupzuop2

Quote from: mousou_machine on March 25, 2008, 12:57:10 AM
guests i want: original seiyuu, no matter how good a english voice actor is, the seiyuu is always better (unless, of course, you're the kind of person that likes dubs over subs, then i have nothing to say to you :|)
There's actually one exception for my money.

Ted Cole, voice actor of Kuno from Ranma 1/2. I actually think he did a better job than the original, but ONLY by so much.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

heeroyuy135

Someone needs to bring in MAJA and have him sing @ MusicFest.
It would be a great addition to the lineup that MusicFest is already conjuring up. His blend of hip-hop and anime is something that I just love, and I really want to see him in person. With the hip-hop culture that surrounds the Bay Area, it would be a sight to see.

heeroyuy135

rude32

We really need to push for "The Angry Video Game Nerd." He would be awesome.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

heeroyuy135

Quote from: rude32 on March 28, 2008, 02:34:55 PM
We really need to push for "The Angry Video Game Nerd" and Armake21. He would be awesome.

Succubus

I don't know if he travels to conventions, but I'd really like to meet the creator of the manga BASTARD!!, Kazushi Hagiwara. Such a great series and it's still going strong too, volume 25 comes out in April in Japan.

kai

Voice actors like Miyano Mamoru and Hirano Aya would be amazing to have, but highly unlikely. Still, this topic is about guests we want though, right? =D

I would personally like to see mangakas, like the famous Takahashi Rumiko or other popular ones like Kubo Tite or CLAMP.

I'm not sure if this counts as a "guest" but I'd like to see the announcer for the masquerade from 2007 come back this year. I saw him on videos online, and he was hilarious XD I heard that he was a makeshift announcer, since the original one couldn't make it, and I thought he did a fantastic job!

Kouketsuno Rei

Ahh, so many choices, lol. Well, for ANY con I could ever go to I'd have to say my dream list would have to be anyone or more of the following...

MANGAKA:
Yazawa Ai (NANA, Paradise Kiss)
Miura Kentaro (Berserk)
Hatori Bisco (Ouran High School Host Club)
Asamiya Kia (Silent Mobius, Nadesico)

SEIYUU:
Paku Romi (Osaki Nana, NANA; Hitsugaya Toushirou, BLEACH; Teresa, CLAYMORE; Temari, NARUTO; Edward Elric, FULL METAL ALCHEMIST)
Tomokazu Seki (Hidaka Ken, WEIß KREUZ; Tereshima Nobu, NANA; Van Fanel, ESCAFLOWNE)
Ito Kentarou (Abarai Renji, BLEACH; Akimichi Chouji, NARUTO)
Honda Takako (Mitarashi Anko, NARUTO; Saotome Junko, NANA; Catherina Sforza, TRINITY BLOOD)

MUSIC:
Anna Tsuchiya
Aikawa Nanase
Nakashima Mika
Maximum the Hormone
HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR
-K. Rei

Fanime '09: Gone con is gone....

pockystix

Is Yamaga-san coming back this year? The GoH list doesn't have him listed...
New sn = Meirin

MidnightRosebud

Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

Mr. Wendell

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on March 28, 2008, 02:36:24 PM
We really need to push for "The Angry Video Game Nerd" and Armake21. He would be awesome.
Many of my friends and I would supply him with a 6-pack of Rolling Rock to have him come to Fanime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

rude32

Quote from: Mr. Wendell on April 03, 2008, 04:33:08 PM
Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on March 28, 2008, 02:36:24 PM
Many of my friends and I would supply him with a 6-pack of Rolling Rock to have him come to Fanime.
We should try and get in contact with him and tell him theres a massive amount of rolling rock for him. I'm sure if everyone here brings a 12 pack or better, he would definetely be down.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

zoupzuop2

I say Dave Rodgers (Eurobeat).

Before anyone says this is unreasonable, refer back to the post I made in Things in the Universe about his Demand Widget; only recently has Japan even come CLOSE to catching up with San Francisco's demand ALONE. As in, SF, California.
For those unaware, Dave Rodgers is basically THE celebrity, non-M.O.V.E name from Initial D mid-race music (before Tokyopop raped it to death with HIP HOP--OF ALL THINGS--HIP HOP!!!), and has a list of classics in Initial D alone-- excluding his great stuff from Parapara events, Super Eurobeat, and more.
Let's see if he'd be interested in an Initial D-familiar, enthusiastic, J-Culture-Understanding, nearly guaranteed audience, no~?
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Succubus on March 16, 2008, 05:40:20 PM
I say, bring back Reuben Langdon (Dante), please.
Jackpot!

=D You should be happy then. He's on list: http://www.fanime.com/guests/ .

Succubus

Quote from: KyraEnsui on April 04, 2008, 09:54:39 AM
Jackpot!

REALLY!? YAY!! I hadn't checked the site, thank you for posting the link here. It's great to hear he's coming back.

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Succubus on April 04, 2008, 11:03:55 AM
Quote from: KyraEnsui on April 04, 2008, 09:54:39 AM
Jackpot!

REALLY!? YAY!! I hadn't checked the site, thank you for posting the link here. It's great to hear he's coming back.

XD It was updated some time ago. I just found about it today. You're welcome.

Calico

Kazuko

hot :d I cant wait for Ruben to write how Im a fast woman again

Im crossing my fingers for Mitsukazu Mihara! shes so adorible and I love her art work and mangas such as DOLL and I.C IN A SUNFLOWER, Rest In peace Phony brain, chocolate, and her works in the Gothic and Lolita bibles~

bahamutknightzero

Nice job getting Dan. Now if Fanime can try to get JYB for 2009 along with Reuben and Dan........