Guests I want for FanimeCon 2008!!!

Started by FanFicGuru, May 29, 2007, 12:48:47 PM

dealerJason

Guests as always guys come and go with contacts.  You would think that we would have alot of guests based on our current size.  The problem is we have many problems to deal with.

1. We are not in tune with industry and nor do we want to.  What makes Fanime unique is that we look like and are a fan run convention.  The downside is that we don't have industry rushing to give us guests. 

2. Japanese guest schedules are very hectic.  We had 3 or 4 guests offered to us, but scheduling conflicts are why they could not all make it.

3. We are spoiled because Yamaga-san and his friends from Gainax are always able to make it, well he puts it in to his schedule every year.

As for an earlier post about whether or not Yamaga-San is coming, we have not released him because we are about to make a major announcement regarding Gainax.  Stay tuned.

Sincerely,
Jason Ebner
Head-Live Programming
FanimeCon 2008
Jason Ebner
Fanime Staffer *retired*
I was blamed for EVERYTHING! :-)
www.asahicon.org
www.blameebner.com

FanFicGuru

Quote from: dealerJason on April 13, 2008, 11:48:32 AM
Guests as always guys come and go with contacts.  You would think that we would have alot of guests based on our current size.  The problem is we have many problems to deal with.

1. We are not in tune with industry and nor do we want to.  What makes Fanime unique is that we look like and are a fan run convention.  The downside is that we don't have industry rushing to give us guests. 

2. Japanese guest schedules are very hectic.  We had 3 or 4 guests offered to us, but scheduling conflicts are why they could not all make it.

3. We are spoiled because Yamaga-san and his friends from Gainax are always able to make it, well he puts it in to his schedule every year.

As for an earlier post about whether or not Yamaga-San is coming, we have not released him because we are about to make a major announcement regarding Gainax.  Stay tuned.

Sincerely,
Jason Ebner
Head-Live Programming
FanimeCon 2008

Oh lawd...Geneon?!

j/k
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Succubus

Quote from: Calico on April 13, 2008, 01:39:46 AM
http://www.fanime.com/guests  <--- Vergil will be there too!!!!! :o

Awesome, so now Dan is coming too. Now all we need is Johnny and the trio is set.  :D

GokuMew2

Hmm.... May I spoil?? This was sent to me by a friend.
It's confirmed, just hasn't been added to the Fanime site, but.... http://www.animeondvd.com/news/news.php?news_view=13849

GIMMEH KONISHI AND KAKIHARA!!!!!!!! =.DDDDDDDDDDDDDD
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

FanFicGuru

Quote from: GokuMew2 on April 14, 2008, 01:20:16 PM
Hmm.... May I spoil?? This was sent to me by a friend.
It's confirmed, just hasn't been added to the Fanime site, but.... http://www.animeondvd.com/news/news.php?news_view=13849

GIMMEH KONISHI AND KAKIHARA!!!!!!!! =.DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

OH SHI-

THANK GOD I'M PRESS THIS YEAR!!
Swap meet staff - 2014

rude32

OK I just discovered this Band about 20 minutes ago, and I say we should try and get them. They are called "LeetStreet Boys" and they are awesome. Here is their link for the first music video for their song "Yuri the only one."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVbiZJGW1iQ
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

GokuMew2

Dude. .>_> With that huge link for the guest list on the front page now, I thought it'd finally list who the GAINAX guests are but alas, no....... Is it because plans are not finalized yet?? I'm very curious and uh, ya know, depending on who's coming, I may need to buy some things to get signed, so it'd be really nice to know who's coming ASAP. It's good that I live just a few miles from the con, but those who are out-of-state who may want to attend based on the new guests might need time to arrange accommodations, etc, so.....
< Mew >

Tony

The Gainax situation is very complicated logistical issue. If things go as I think, you'll see why it's taking some time...
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

heeroyuy135

Quote from: rude32 on April 15, 2008, 12:46:27 PM
OK I just discovered this Band about 20 minutes ago, and I say we should try and get them. They are called "LeetStreet Boys" and they are awesome. Here is their link for the first music video for their song "Yuri the only one."

I'm gonna be honest...it's not really that bad. It gets bonus points for all them anime references.
With that said, bring 'em!

rude32

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on April 19, 2008, 12:29:42 AM

I'm gonna be honest...it's not really that bad. It gets bonus points for all them anime references.
I'll try and get them if we get enough people to request them.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

GokuMew2

Quote from: Tony on April 18, 2008, 11:04:04 PM
The Gainax situation is very complicated logistical issue. If things go as I think, you'll see why it's taking some time...
Ahh, okay. *continues to (try to) be patient*
Nevertheless, this is going to be the bestest Fanime yet!! I just know it! Very excited!
< Mew >

pockystix

Quote from: rude32 on April 19, 2008, 03:06:51 AM
Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on April 19, 2008, 12:29:42 AM
They seem to have only played in the East Coast area, so if you can get them over here that'd be a big accomplishment. I recently discovered about them, too.
I'll try and get them if we get enough people to request them.
It seems like they've only played in the East Coast area, so getting them over here would be a big accomplishment. I too just discovered this band recently.
New sn = Meirin

Dragon Ninja

Quote from: bahamutknightzero on April 13, 2008, 11:13:28 AM
Nice job getting Dan. Now if Fanime can try to get JYB for 2009 along with Reuben and Dan........
Let's also get Jason David Frank.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

pockystix

I don't want to sound impatient, but are there any updates on the situation at this time? It's less than two weeks till con, so I'm kind of worried if I should get my hopes up, lol.
New sn = Meirin

FanFicGuru

Quote from: pockystix on May 09, 2008, 11:33:42 PM

I don't want to sound impatient, but are there any updates on the situation at this time? It's less than two weeks till con, so I'm kind of worried if I should get my hopes up, lol.

It's still pretty much confirmed, or so I hear from very reliable sources. I'm sure Tony's just working out some kinks. He doesn't want to come out and go WOO HOO TONS OF GAINAX STAFF!!!!!ONEONEELEVEN!
and then say nothing of where they'll be, when they'll be there and such.

Bringing so many people over must have cost nothing less than a small fortune, and I'm sure Tony and the other Fanime guest relations staff want to make sure their Gainax guests are comfortable, and not being shuttled between 5 panels in a matter of 5 hours lol.

Oh, and making sure to protect them from the rabid fans who will undoubtedly consume them whole in an attempt to steal away their awesome anime-creating powers.

>_>
<_<
Swap meet staff - 2014

GokuMew2

Any idea if the announcement will be made BEFORE the con though? Or do we have to find out when we get our programs or something?

I'm getting very curious myself.
< Mew >

Tony

Ok, I'm told we have some really interesting guests coming from GAINAX, and a lot of them, but they themselves have requested not to publicize the details. They should be in the program guide. In any case, we're planning a lot of events with them, so there will be ample opportunity to get your GAINAX fix...
Retired.
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Father, 2014

GokuMew2

Quote from: Tony on May 11, 2008, 04:08:42 PM
Ok, I'm told we have some really interesting guests coming from GAINAX, and a lot of them, but they themselves have requested not to publicize the details. They should be in the program guide. In any case, we're planning a lot of events with them, so there will be ample opportunity to get your GAINAX fix...
Great, thanks for the info, Tony!
It's too bad we won't find out til the 22nd though.
< Mew >

FanFicGuru

Swap meet staff - 2014

Tony

Oh, btw - I only work on the MusicFest guests. The dozens of Guests of Honor coming this year is due solely to Jason Ebner and the Guest Relations team. They did really well this year, and I can't wait till they get the chance to show everyone what they've pulled off!
Retired.
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Father, 2014