Good idea?

Yes
20 (76.9%)
No
6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: May 29, 2007, 12:58:22 PM

Sen

Quote from: "Pimpstress Rei"You should have seen my face when I found out. I literally had to sit quietly while everyone discussed the issue and concentrate on not crying in front of the other heads. Crying would not solve the issue and only delay the discussion of what to do. After all of this is over I'm going to have a nice cry and then kick some ass at the printers.

I heard on the grapevine that they're the best program guides ever. Late or not-good job, Marie.  :D
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

magz

Heck, I'd go pick up a copy if shipping is an issue. Hilarious yet sad story indeed.

otakuya

I would actually pay for a printed copy of the guide myself. I'm a collector ^_^. I'd like one mailed to me or even go all the way to wherever that house is with the printed copies and pick one up.

Chloe

Yeah... That whole deal with the Program Guide was such a disappointment especially when I had 2 new Con members to show around.  It would have been handy to give them a better idea about the con and how to get around and what not.  It's nice that they put up a digital copy... It looked pretty and all, but yeah, as you guys stated before, it's better to have it physically.  

I was also surprised too sice they didn't send out the post cards 'cause it kinda reminds me to get excited about the con. LOL.  Well ,hopefully next year things will be better prepared and my 2 friends can really see what there is to see at Fanime.
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Glitch

I want my program dammit! I'll pay anything. *throws credit card at staff.*
After I get it I can read it with my buddies, and we'll pretend it's still fanime.

Ska_Kitti

Jonathan Osborne, my hubby Jehuty and a friend of mine were playing cards together LATE on Monday night when a reg staffer came up and said, "Hey look, Fanime people!" and proceeded to hand us all several program guides.

I have two extra that I'll either give up for free or sell on eBay. xD They did an EXCELLENT job on the programs too.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Barnes

^Gimme one of your extras! Lol!
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Ska_Kitti

~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: "Ska_Kitti"Jonathan Osborne, my hubby Jehuty and a friend of mine were playing cards together LATE on Monday night when a reg staffer came up and said, "Hey look, Fanime people!" and proceeded to hand us all several program guides.

I have two extra that I'll either give up for free or sell on eBay. xD They did an EXCELLENT job on the programs too.

Aww thank you! I'm glad that at least a few members saw my beautiful program guide at con ;_; Even though it was technically after con was over...
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

Chun

Friday gathering copies please kthxbye XD.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Ska_Kitti

Quote from: "Pimpstress Rei"
Quote from: "Ska_Kitti"Jonathan Osborne, my hubby Jehuty and a friend of mine were playing cards together LATE on Monday night when a reg staffer came up and said, "Hey look, Fanime people!" and proceeded to hand us all several program guides.

Aww thank you! I'm glad that at least a few members saw my beautiful program guide at con ;_; Even though it was technically after con was over...

Well con wasn't over for us when we got the programs. ^_^
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Xeluu

I'm in agreement with the others who have said they would enjoy having a copy. D: I'd pay for it along with shipping, as I keep the guides from the years I've been to Fanime, and whenever I see them I end up sitting down and looking through them, regardless of what I was just doing.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

heeroyuy135

If someone is coming to Sac-Anime in July that went to Fanime and has ample access to the guides, please bring them!!!

Spiritsnare

I had a look-see at one.

ININ brought it over to a hangout the Friday after the No-Name showing, and apparently No-Name was passing out program guides - but one per person.

Looking at the guide, I became a bit irked that No-Name was limiting the release of the program guides - once again, for every con-goer there is, he probably knows a few more, who probably know a few more...
epic progressive

vox

Tony

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Looking at the guide, I became a bit irked that No-Name was limiting the release of the program guides...
Were they asking for you to sign in? Tenba (2007 publications 2nd) asked even me to.  :P She wants to make sure as many people as possible get it, that's all.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

The-O

hm... I agree that for attendees that want them they should be able to get them.
They did pay the full ticket price and it's only fair that they do get them.

Whoa, Tony isn't the webmaster anymore? I think I am getting old...
The-O Network Online Executive Editor
Con Reports, Photos, News, Interviews, Reviews, and more!
www.t-ono.net

M

Please remember that we ("FanimeCon") are looking into our options to see what we can do. In the end, we will do what's best for FanimeCon and its members. It is true that we received some boxes (total was about 1,000 program guides) which is nowhere near what we ordered. We are currently in talks with our print company in order to see what we can do. Unfortunately, I can't say anymore about this until the situation is resolved.

So if you're hearing news from a source other than myself, Craige, or Will, consider it a rumor until confirmed.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

EdOfNoName

Quote from: "Tony"
Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Looking at the guide, I became a bit irked that No-Name was limiting the release of the program guides...
Were they asking for you to sign in? Tenba (2007 publications 2nd) asked even me to.  :P She wants to make sure as many people as possible get it, that's all.

Just to state the obvious, No-Name Anime doesn't have any supply of or control over the program guides. Tenba was at the No-Name meeting with a box of program guides, controlled how they were given out  and did require people to sign.  I hope there are no hard feelings that some people got programs at this meeting. I'm sure the Fanime staff is working hard to see what they can do for everyone.

PS. For everyone who's in the San Jose/Santa Clara area on the 2nd Saturday of the month, please come and join us.  We can't promise that you'll get something cool or learn something useful or make a friend or ... but you never know. http://www.nnanime.com

Reikon

My friend said he just got the guide in the mail, so apparently they're at least sending some out.
2008-09 E-gaming staff

Stormfalcon

I just got mine today.  Thanks guys!  It's really appreciated, even after this long :)
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com