Rurouni Kenshin 2008

Started by K&K4ever, May 29, 2007, 11:06:45 PM

K&K4ever

The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Sidekick

Thanks!! The thing is...its hard for me to shop online cause I'm petite so a lot of things tend to be too big. Might have to just go to J-town to try it on first. ><

K&K4ever

OK, That's still cool, I guess I'll see you at the gathering, :D  . . . wait, that's not till next year, we've still got time to chat.

K&K4ever

Anybody ealse want to join us?

WE NEED MORE COSPLAYERS!!!!!

K&K4ever

bad news, after I got back from AX I was too tired to get my bags out of the car so I left them in there over night (it was locked and the bags were in the trunk) and when I came back the next morning someone had taken everything  :evil: so now I have to remake most of my costumes (including Kaoru) but thankfully, my freind who made the costume will make me another one. :)

now if I find the people who took my stuff, :evil:  I'M GOING TO KILL THEM TWICE! :evil:

Shinsengumi

Quote from: "K&K4ever"bad news, after I got back from AX I was too tired to get my bags out of the car so I left them in there over night (it was locked and the bags were in the trunk) and when I came back the next morning someone had taken everything  :evil: so now I have to remake most of my costumes (including Kaoru) but thankfully, my freind who made the costume will make me another one. :)

now if I find the people who took my stuff, :evil:  I'M GOING TO KILL THEM TWICE! :evil:

Have you reported to the cops ? I'm pretty sure they would help out.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

K&K4ever

yeah, nothing yet, but I talked to the persone who made my priganale Kaoru outfit and she'll make me a new one.  :)

Shinsengumi

Quote from: "K&K4ever"yeah, nothing yet, but I talked to the persone who made my priganale Kaoru outfit and she'll make me a new one.  :)

That's good to hear, it wouldn't be the same without you in this gathering. well I'm sure it will be done way before the 08 con starts.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

K&K4ever

yep, and hopefuly the Kaoru KIMONO I conmitioned from Liz will be done by then so that Jingko can join us (she said that she wouldn't do Kenshin again till I get a Kaoru Kimono :P ).

we need to get more people here, let's spred the word, I'll head it off at cosplay.com.

kimu

And thanks to a post on cosplay.com....
I'll be there in 08!
I visited Fanime for one day last year, and really enjoyed the atmosphere. I didn't go with any costumes, but will next year.

So count me in for the Ruroken fun!
I'll bring my Kenshin costume I made for San D Con 06 (and since fixed a few things on. Seems I am in good company on having to rush to finish somethings before a Con...?)
It will be so much fun to get to cosplay with a group of Ruroken fans!

RE: kimono
They are not that difficult to sew, actually.
There's a couple current kimono patterns you can get from Butterick or Simplicity that may not be 100% accurate, but close enough!! Maybe you could do a little customizing.
Watch for Jo Ann's to put them on sale for $1..  
You've got plenty of time to get a costume made if you start preparing now.

thebothan

I'm planning to have a Kenshin cosplay ready by Yaoi-con/Halloween.

I'm planning to do a red kimono like most of the manga covers.

Manga Cover A: http://www.sitepros.net/kenshin/gallery/manga/usa/08cover.jpg
Manga Cover B: http://www.sitepros.net/kenshin/gallery/manga/usa/17cover.jpg

The Only Manga Cover with the Anime Colored Kimono: http://www.sitepros.net/kenshin/gallery/manga/usa/04cover.jpg

K&K4ever

Yeay, more kenshins to glomp!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D

Oh, and as for the subject of my sowing my own kimono . . . lets just put it this way, if you had seen some of my previous attempts at sowing, you'd know why I comition most of my costumes.
:oops:

thebothan

Oro?! Glomp? I like glomps, that I do.

Shinsengumi

YEAH!!! more Kenshins to beat up  :lol: I'm kidding, I would like to see one of them be the Battousai since I'm going as the Saito the Shinsengumi version.

K&K4ever

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be at least one.  

OK, now I get to go practise my glomp. :
D

Shinsengumi

You have plenty of time to do that. Hummmmm must find Shinsengumi members.

K&K4ever

that's going to be the hard part. :?

kimu

ooh! Saito from Shinsengumi times!!!
That will be awesome!

Sorry to report I don't have a Battousai version. That would be some rework to make one.

Shinsengumi

Quote from: "kimu"ooh! Saito from Shinsengumi times!!!
That will be awesome!

Sorry to report I don't have a Battousai version. That would be some rework to make one.

If you have the time go for it, if not it's all good. That would awesome Shinsengumi Saito vs. Battousai, one on one  :D .

kimu

I'd have to think it through. It would certainly be fun for photo ops, and while I do have making kimono down to a snap now, there's the other stuff to work through. If I didn't have to remake the hakama by sticking with white....
Unless someone else posts they've got a Battousai version, then you're set!