Rurouni Kenshin 2008

Started by K&K4ever, May 29, 2007, 11:06:45 PM

K&K4ever

The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Shinsengumi

You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Neo-Zaku

Well I know one of my friends will be going as Kenshin and I am trying to convince another to go as Sanosuke Sagara. Myself I am torn because I want to do one of the villains but most of them didn't last for more then a couple episodes. If anyone has a suggestion feel free to throw it out there. I am male, about 5' 10" with a moderate build  and a bit of a belly (working on that). My hair is short (military requirement so growing it long isn't an option) though I am not adverse to wearing a wig.
There is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack is to be able to throw yourself at the ground...

...and miss!

Proud Member of TGC!

kimu

The thing about the villains is some of them made quite an impression even for short appearances.
Depending on what you chose, and how you make your costume, you might be able to "hide" some of your belly, even if you're working on it.

There's a lot of good villians it'd be great to have at a Fanime group. You'd know which ones you'd have a good chance of making the costume and having the best look for. And some of these probably have not been done that often.
There's Aoshi or the rest of his bunch of Han'nya, Hyottoko, Beshimi, Shikijo. (Sure they got killed off fairly quick but they sure lived on in tons of flashbacks! :P )
Shishio, and the rest of the Juppon Gatana. Would be fun to have a Cho someday--Cho v Sano...yeah!
Enishi. (The rest of Enishi's crew in the manga from the Jinchuu arc wouldn't be well recognized because the OVA didn't follow the manga very closely.)
Raijuta.
Another good choice would be Jin-e. He's was a big part of the first story arc, and also got a number of backflash appearances.

Anyone that's familiar with the series would recognize these antagonists!
Hope you find something you like!

K&K4ever

I would sugest going as Enishi because I have YET to see an Enishi Cosplay (even though I hate the cherecter)  :P

Shinsengumi

The last time I saw an Enishi cosplayer was in fanime 2003 and I haven't seen one since. I hope I see one next year.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

K&K4ever

Shinsengumi

Yeah we shell see if we see one.

K&K4ever

K&K4ever

Here's an idea for the time, how about a little bit after the Shonen Jump Gathering?

Shinsengumi

how about around 1 or 1:30 pm.

kimu

A little bit after the Shonen Jump gathering sounds good.

K&K4ever

yeah, the only problem I see in that is that there are going to be allot of people around that we might get lost in the shuffle. But we might be able to make it work, you know, meeting at the Jump gathering and if other people can't make it to that gathering we can wait for them.

Shinsengumi

kimu

Did they actually pick a time for the Shonen Jump Gathering yet?

Then add whatever time is probably needed for that gathering, pick a location slightly off the Jump spot to reform for this one? Therefore getting everyone out of being 'lost in the shuffle'?

K&K4ever

No they haven't set a time yet but that yeah that's the basic Idea.

Shinsengumi

K&K4ever

Looks like it's going to be Sunday again. ;D

Shinsengumi

K&K4ever

As long as it's not as late as last year and we almost miss the Masquerade