Ebner's Favorite things...

Started by dealerJason, May 29, 2007, 11:37:11 PM

dealerJason

While everyone was running round blaming me, I had a chance to see what I had put together.  

Panels-
1. Damn You Internets!  Mikey, you rule!  (Jared, many thanks as well!) I was in stitches the whole time I was there.  If you have not checked out this panel folks, you need to.

2. Console Wars-  What Mikey does only with gaming.  The Debates were heated and hilarious.  Can't wait to see these guys again.

Goes with out saying-
Masquerade-Once again done to perfection.  Is there anybody better than Marisa and Casey Price at this?  I don't think so!  As for the acts, it is the same as the FMV contest, it is only as good as the participants.  

Surprises-
The God of the Shimasen-Wow, man is talented!  That is why I asked him to open for Masquerade

Black and White Ball-I claim stupidity here.  I had no idea this would be so popular.  We will have it back

Maid Cafe-Had no idea the line was going to be that long.  We are limited with what we can do with food.

Room for Improvement-
FMV's-This was a solid show, but it is only as good as the videos that are submitted to it.  I would have loved to see more comedy too, but it is not like I can order more.  
In addition,  I don't know if the change over left people lukewarm to our show this year.  Sean Barber is very capable, but the God of AMV, Scott Peterson, had it down to a science and he had the trust of the directors.  
Yes, we got caught with the interlacing bug, and we had to scramble at the last minute to find a venue to house the 4 showings.  The J was to be the home, but Musicfest became too booked.

Stage Zero-
Still not where I want it to be.  Some people get it, it is where you go when you don't know what to do, or where to go.  It is still a work in progress, but you will all know when Stage Zero hits its stride.

Over all though, Sean Barber produced his ass off, Mr. Wendell is extremely solid, and Oniko, girl we couldn't do it without you!

Disappointments.
Damn, no program books.  Shit.  That sucked for my boys Brandon and Jerry.  With out the books, you can't get to know Asian Film or sort through the hours of Anime we programed.  This snafu will be corrected for next year.

Overall, I am content, but not happy.  We need to strive for perfection.  I would like to see musicfest better attended, I would like to encourage more AMV directors to submit, and I wish more people attended the panels we had.  I think more effective scheduling should help.

So, until we meet again (or I have to defend Fanime's honor), remember, when it goes wrong at Fanime...Blame Ebner

Sincerely,
Jason Ebner
Jason Ebner
Fanime Staffer *retired*
I was blamed for EVERYTHING! :-)
www.asahicon.org
www.blameebner.com

PyronIkari

BTW... links to those vids you were talking about during the panel Jason...

You should thank Jared more than me. He put in a lot of work to get those slides working, and he planned almost the entire thing, I just threw down the basis and ideas for the panel, he was the one that came up with the meat.

angeljibrille

Quote from: "dealerJason"Goes with out saying-
Masquerade-Once again done to perfection.  Is there anybody better than Marisa and Casey Price at this?  I don't think so!  As for the acts, it is the same as the FMV contest, it is only as good as the participants.  

We love you too Jason :) it wouldn't have been possible without all of YOUR hard work.

But ...  DOH!! Casey's last name isn't Price... (it's Boomer). I kept my maiden name... And he hates being called Mr. Price (that's my DAD!) hehee

surfofpewter

We don't blame you for everything.... it was a GREAT show this year!

-MotherHen
Sara
ConOps Day Shift Lead
'08, '07, '06

heeroyuy135

Despite the fact I did blame him for everything (even though it was my fault anyways, like me not getting into the Top 10 in the Karaoke Contest to make Finals and so fouth), you did a kick-ass job this year! Makes me want to come back in '08 for my 2nd Fanime go-around...

mDuo13

I agree with this general assessment of the con.

AnimeEmperor

When I got home I banged my toe against a door.

.....I blamed Ebner.

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: "dealerJason"Damn, no program books.  Shit.  That sucked for my boys Brandon and Jerry.  With out the books, you can't get to know Asian Film or sort through the hours of Anime we programed.  This snafu will be corrected for next year.

Damn straight it will be corrected! *shakes fist at printing company's broken printers*

And I don't blame Ebner, I blame Fluffy. I hate Fluffy.

All hail the new pretty and petite printer, Bob.
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

KitsuneOniko

Quote from: "dealerJason"Stage Zero-
Still not where I want it to be.  Some people get it, it is where you go when you don't know what to do, or where to go.  It is still a work in progress, but you will all know when Stage Zero hits its stride.

Over all though, Sean Barber produced his ass off, Mr. Wendell is extremely solid, and Oniko, girl we couldn't do it without you!

THANK YOU Jason for giving us the opportunity for being onboard for Stage Zero and getting this wonderful idea started! Stage Zero, as many people have noted despite somewhat rocky beginnings, has great potential and I am sure will keep gettin better and better! ^_^
Fanime Volunteer 2003-2004
Fanime Dealership Staff 2005-2006
Fanime Live Programming Staff 2006
Fanime Programing Liaison 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Co-Producer 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Hostess 2007-Present <3

jemz

ConOps loves you...even if the rest of the staff doesn't.

:D
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Cowpunk

Love you Jason.

Just no hugs! {grin}

Gilles - See ya next year - Poitras
Gilles Poitras
Obsession: Anime

ChibiSerenaChan

awwww what about me?!?! i worked hard too!!! >T_T< *cries*

i'm just kidding i still wuv ish you jason! *glomps* cause you gave me an opportunity to start working on stage as my first staff job! teehee >^.^< this year was far better than last year that's for sure =D
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

Cowpunk

You get hugs.

I had a great time and I blame many more people than just Ebner.

Thanks all.
Gilles Poitras
Obsession: Anime

Mr. Wendell

I blame Ebner for my headache on Monday morning.

But we'll work had to make Stage Zero better, faster, stronger!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)