FanimeCon-issued "Glomp me!" stickers/ribbons

Started by heeroyuy135, May 30, 2007, 10:49:01 PM

yamaneko

I've been glomped. . . once, I believe, while I was in an Allen Walker costume (filling in for my guy friend, who's actually pretty short and skinny). He failed to tell me that there were some people who glomped him everyday, and (since we look exactly the same from far away, wearing the wig and all) they came up to me and glomped me. o_o Of course, being a girl, I couldn't hold them up, so I fell down. @.@
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)

Myth

Oh my. D: I never new glomping was such an issue. 81 This FanimeCon will be my first con EVER, so I'm glad I'm learning about this now, since I'm going to get really excited and maybe out of control. I'll need to watch my manners and energy while glomping people that are cosplaying as my favourite characters. x3;

alkaline

Quote from: Myth on January 10, 2008, 02:11:09 PM
Oh my. D: I never new glomping was such an issue. 81 This FanimeCon will be my first con EVER, so I'm glad I'm learning about this now, since I'm going to get really excited and maybe out of control. I'll need to watch my manners and energy while glomping people that are cosplaying as my favourite characters. x3;

Or you could just, you know, not do it all together.

Mister_E

Last year, I was somewhat Glomped, I'd find that a Glomper comes at you full force, but this one, I knew she has more power in her Glomping by her yell "It's the Laughing Man"
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

localuvr

People, glomping isn't that big a deal; it's the glomping's style of execution that is.
Asking permission and then glomping (softly, people, be mindful of gravity and cosplays), is the right way.
randomly running and glomping hard is not. It all depends on execution.
I may be wearing the skirt on top, but underneath, I'm wearing the pants.

DemonLordZabuza

Quote from: Ayanami Rei First Child on June 02, 2007, 06:47:22 PM
Yeah I never got glomped without permission, or even hugged. I mean I know I wasn't in a super awesome cosplay or anything....I was only crossdressed in a pink dress and stuff....but I didn't really see people getting glomped without permission.

HOWEVER I think there is one girl who should be carefully watched...she just screams and then goes over and gives people a sloppy glomp where she just jumps up slightly and wraps herself around the guy. That puts a lot of strain on the ankles, and it'd be really easy for someone to get a sprain, PLUS she didn't give them a real warning or allow themselves to brace properly.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8RxL8DLsEuc

Seriously...WRONG way to glomp.

Haha INNIN, ummm glomping for me well...this is bias and for some people will feel the same.  Since Im build well I can take most glomps.  Butyes, first off running around the con is not safe.  *imagines running conner, trips over someone or something and falls off second floor...messy messy*...wow sorry.  Second off, since not everyone is build like the hulk, sometimes your glomps can cause damage.  Some people...like myself...have back injuries.  I had a friend last year who had back surgery and if she got glomped well it would have been bad...grrr bad glompers. 

Thoughs, what everyone else said.  Ask, safer, funner, and less "Im going to kick your ass later"

Well if I get my cosplays done hopefully I wont get tanked, but shall see.

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

sunrise-oasis

yeah but i got this feeling someone will say hi and hug me but put a sticker on my back and I dont like that >_<!

Rainbow Ichi

perhaps there should be like a constant 'announced' reminder from stage 0 or other announcement systems like posters to remind all con-goes that not all welcome 'glomps'

i can imagine a gigantic banner at the entrance reminding people to ask before glomping as a common courtesy first, unless they want to be called ermm 'ill-mannered' or worse, called barbaric for just a simple guesture of 'i like you!'

"Brevity is the Soul of the Wit"
"Pen and Sword in accord"

Rainbow Ichi's DeviantART Page:
http://rainbow010101.deviantart.com

PyronIkari

Ah... America.

Where companies, events, and organizers have to spend time and money reminding people...

TO NOT DO RETARDED AND RUDE THINGS TO OTHER PEOPLE

Fanime shouldn't have to tell anyone, or give out badges, or print stickers or anything of that sort to people. It should be common sense, apparently it isn't.

dibbly

i've discussed something with my gf and i want to make and sell ( for very very cheep....25 cents an think)

"JUST ASK"

Buttons. its a movement I'd like to see started and would help move along. but that might be for another thread.

-and yes please, just ask. its common sense.=)
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
meow.

PyronIkari

Quote from: dibbly on February 15, 2008, 05:50:20 PM
i've discussed something with my gf and i want to make and sell ( for very very cheep....25 cents an think)

"JUST ASK"

Buttons. its a movement I'd like to see started and would help move along. but that might be for another thread.

Unless you're in artists' alley you can't sell things legally.

And no. It's going out of your way to cater to idiocy. Idiots should have the logic to ask, and if not, they deserve what happens to them in return by people... it's simple as that. A button isn't going to stop people from doing something that COMMON SENSE tells them they shouldn't do.

dibbly

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 15, 2008, 08:01:34 PM

"JUST ASK"

And no. It's going out of your way to cater to idiocy. Idiots should have the logic to ask, and if not, they deserve what happens to them in return by people... it's simple as that. A button isn't going to stop people from doing something that COMMON SENSE tells them they shouldn't do.

common sense is kinda funny, like the warning on cigarette packs that say things like,  warning contains carbon monoxide, may cause cancer, complicate child birth.
yeah, people do it anyway.
a friendly reminder may not stop some people, but will get get people thinking. as to catering to idiots, I'd rather look out for someones well being before letting the actual conflict happen. i'd go out of my way to let someone know, than to let someones safty, hard work, or personal space be put in jeopardy in the first place. after that they're on their own, but at least i tried=)

oh well, i can alway give them away and accept tips
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
meow.

fold

Quote from: dibbly on February 15, 2008, 11:56:08 PM
Quote from: PyronIkari on February 15, 2008, 08:01:34 PM

"JUST ASK"

common sense is kinda funny, like the warning on cigarette packs that say things like,  warning contains carbon monoxide, may cause cancer, complicate child birth.
a friendly reminder may not stop some people, but will get get people thinking. as to catering to idiots, I'd rather look out for someones well being before letting the actual conflict happen. i'd go out of my way to let someone know, than to let someones safty, hard work, or personal space be put in jeopardy in the first place. after that they're on their own, but at least i tried=)

I agree, at least he's trying to do something about the problem, instead of sitting at the computer and griping.

i love random hugs, as long as people ask! human contact is the way we connect- you must be a lonely girl.
are you my one and only pumpkin?

..still searching...

PyronIkari

Quote from: dibbly on February 15, 2008, 11:56:08 PM

Not smoking isn't common sense, otherwise, not driving would be common sense. warningcontains carbon monoxide cause cancer, complicate child birth... in addition to may be killed in car accidents etc. etc. etc.

Before people talk about "the dangers of smoking" know what you're talking about beyond the propoganda stuff you learn in school and watch on tv.

If you wanna waste the money to pass out badges, that's on you, but that might go against the no signs policy.

fold

No, i'm pretty sure its just for the whoring signs, and these buttons wouldn't be whoring... not to mention, i would totally buy one!
And driving, as compared to smoking is a terrible analogy- because driving is something that makes our lives more convenient, we do it because the risks are worth it. While smoking does nothing positive for us, and if people had common sense they wouldn't do it-

Glomping without asking isn't common sense- but people are going to do it anyways. The difference is that dibbly is putting a warning label on it. I think it's a great idea- and if you have the funds Dibbly- i think you should do it!

Not to mention- but if he really wanted to sell them- he could do it at the swap meet!
are you my one and only pumpkin?

..still searching...