Ok, who MADE IT to Fanime 2007? (and shoutouts, too)

Started by Barnes, May 31, 2007, 02:45:24 PM

Did you make it to Fanime?

I did: 4/5 days
33 (84.6%)
Only for __ days
6 (15.4%)
I didn't. *crys*
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: May 31, 2007, 02:45:24 PM

Barnes

I did. All "five" days.
How about you?

My shoutouts are coming later.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Jelly Donut

I was there on Saturday. Planned to go to this thing for many months, and I was amped when the day finally came.

Shoutouts

- Shoutout to my homies, Jerome and Eric, for telling me to go.
- Shoutout to the Fanime staff. Thanks for making my first experience memorable.
- Shoutout to the cutie that gave a hug for no reason. I heart you.
- Shoutout to the security girl that stopped me from going in without my pass. Even though you yelled at me, and told me to beat it, I hold no grudges. You were doing your job, and I admire that.

heeroyuy135

I was there from Friday afternoon to Monday afteroon.

Shoutouts to everyone who staffed at Fanime (especially the Stage Zero crew!), everyone who took pictures of me, everyone that I met for the first time at Fanime, and everyone else that I missed!

Raydere

Thursday to Monday. I have no regrets attending any of the days.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Ayanami Rei First Child

I, Guy In Pink Dress, went from Fri-Mon.

I would like to give a shoutout to the girls with the kiss me signs for letting me kiss them.
For the girl who I randomly bumped into 20+ times and hug an insane number of hugs.
From the girls who thought my crossdressingness was awesome.
For America who kept trying to get my dress tighter to give me a better figure.
For Joe for hanging out with me and turning into a great friend.
For the girls with the hug me signs who let me hug them.
For the girls who gave me those lovely running glomps! <3
For the Hug Me T-Shirt guy for watching my stuff.
For the girl who let me hold her leash ^_^
For Neko-chan who let me touch her as much as I did, despite her anti-touchyness.
For the girl with the Mushroom T-shirt who's # I should have gotten, and making sure I didn't get lost while going to buy food...
For that random girl who took my picture! <3 <3 <3

Stormfalcon

My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

K&K4ever

I was there for most of the four days but I had to leave and come back because of school  :( But I stayed for the majority of it. :D
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Lisii

I was there Friday-Tuesday. Yes, Tuesday. There were some problems with my flight and I had to stay at the hotel an extra day. >> It was lonely~.

Shout outs:
To my friend, who accidentally took my first kiss and made me undeniably straight. xD
To the "Rainbow Crew".
To the guy tried to hold a dating sim for me while I was getting more money (unsuccessfully, but he tried, and he's awesome because of that).
To the guy who stayed on my floor with a paper bag over his face. He was awesome.
To the peeps at Peggy Sue's. Great food, great staff, great oldies music.
To Charlie, for playing Tetris with me on the window sill next to the elevators.
To my parents, who paid for my plane ticket. xDDDD

Pebbles.celler.door

i was there for one day but i snuck out of my house because my mother thought she could keep me away fome fanime ha yeah right so i got up at 5:00 and walked to the bus yeah right she could keep me away but it was fun
The reason i love fanime...is because i wait for it all year and it feels like home is supposed to feel like it makes me feel almost normal because i dress like that everyday anyway lol

Ekac

Showed up at 8:30 on Friday Night.

Left at 12 Noon on Monday.

Does that count as four? XD

M

There's no option for me as I was there from Wednesday night to Tuesday morning. (about 6 days total) :P
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Ekac

Quote from: "MPLe"There's no option for me as I was there from Wednesday night to Tuesday morning. (about 6 days total) :P

Fanime goes on for 6 days?! Or did you just sit in your Hotel and play Guitar Hero for that day. :P

Raydere

My shoutouts:

The mechanics at the Gaming Room - you made the kick-assyness that was the arcade possible.
My parents - for the top part of my costume.
Girls with "hug me" signs - for letting me hug them -_^
The 42 people who hugged me while I had that sign on on Monday.
The driver of the car I scratched - for being cool about it after all the nervousness that accident put me through.
The Asian guy who was dressed as a police officer - for informing me of someone cosplaying as the same character as me.
Everyone with full-tuned cars in WMMT2 that I raced - for putting up a good fight.
One of the Team Rocket girls in the Dealer's Room - for giving me change for a $20 because I wanted more quarters for the Gaming Room and I didn't want to use my $20 on the change machine.
Jason Green - for being a funny Damn You Internets guest and putting up good races in MT2.
Whoever brought a PS2, IIDX, and the American IIDX controller - Hope you come back next year, it's the best IIDX experience we can get without buying a super-expensive IIDX cabinet.
The people I played Para Para and Dance ManiaX with on Sunday night - for a great night.
SJSU Student Union and whichever organization brought the other 2 MT2 machines - for providing us with a 4-player MT2 setup.
The Fanimaid Cafe staff - Don't listen to a certain someone, you did pretty well for your first year.
The Fanime staff - for making all of this possible.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Ekac

Sucrose

Thursday evening to Monday evening, and it all went by so fast. Most of the people I'd be saying hi to are ones I see regularly anyway, but I wanna say word up to John--I hope you actually get your butt on here occasionally (and I hope you feel a bit less dead now)!
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

astroboy

Quote from: "Ekac"
Quote from: "MPLe"There's no option for me as I was there from Wednesday night to Tuesday morning. (about 6 days total) :P

Fanime goes on for 6 days?! Or did you just sit in your Hotel and play Guitar Hero for that day. :P
That's what happens to people who sign up for "management" staff positions at Fanime.
They have to stick around a little longer to "work off" their "free" badge.  :wink:
As for me, since I'm a regular staffer 4 days was enough.

BTW Fanime is ALWAYS short-staffed on managers!   8)

IamTetsuo

I was there Thursday night, then I went home after the ZZ concert, only to come back over Friday morning then I stayed until Monday for the closing ceremonies.  It went really fast and was a great break from my hectic school schedual.

My shout outs:
First and foremost, all of the wonderful people who showed up for photoshoots.  You were all great models and I look forward to meeting you all again next year!
To the girls who danced with me and my friends Saturday night and then hung out afterwards, you guys were awesome.  (And Jenny is a dirty whore!  :lol: )
To the girl who I met at the B&W dance lessons (you know who you are, no need to put your name out on the intertubes): thanks for learning how to dance with me, and for putting up with the fact that I didn't really get it.  Call me if you're ever in Santa Cruz!
To that girls friend: it is so weird I took a class with your dad!  Call me if you're ever looking for something fun to do in Santa Cruz!
To the guy who spilt his drink on me: Seriously it's cool, I'v had worse spilt on me!
To the guy who I was playing Soul Calibur with on Monday: I must practice so I can actually win!

To everyone who met me, but doesn't remember me:  I had blue hair in a faux hawk on Friday, then brown hair in a faux hawk on Saturday and Sunday (Monday I wore it down).  I was also the guy in the silver mask at the Black and White ball.

Ekac

Quote from: "astroboy"
Quote from: "Ekac"

That's what happens to people who sign up for "management" staff positions at Fanime.
They have to stick around a little longer to "work off" their "free" badge.  :wink:
As for me, since I'm a regular staffer 4 days was enough.

BTW Fanime is ALWAYS short-staffed on managers!   8)

If you're underage and want to volunteer? :D

Fructose

Quote from: "Sucrose"Thursday evening to Monday evening, and it all went by so fast. Most of the people I'd be saying hi to are ones I see regularly anyway, but I wanna say word up to John--I hope you actually get your butt on here occasionally (and I hope you feel a bit less dead now)!

Hell yeah! Same deal with me, and anyone I'd shoutout I can just say hi to them in my normal adventures. Oh, wait!

Yo to the awesome Keiichi who posed with me and Sucrose in our Hig costumes, you ROCK HARDCORE. I already found you through other means, but it bears repeating. ^^ You make an AWESOME Keiichi (Especially since our planned Keiichi bailed on us last minute. *glares in mDuo's direction*) and we have to get together with your Satoko for a photoshoot. ^^

Also, ditto; FISH GET YOUR BUTT ON HERE! Or I'll... er... uh... do something... mean...? Okay that was lame. BUT IT WILL BE BAD.

evilmonkeh

I'd like to give a shout out to...

The people who liked me and my friends for riding the elevators just standing in the corners with our backs faced to everyone.

The random person who grabbed my ass while riding the elevator... o_O

The 4 or 5 guys that me and my friends met the first day and became friends with

All the people i got to take pictures of

4chan guys

Pizza guy..... >_>

The people in the crowded elevator who yelled "SPARTAAA!!" at me..