Ok, who MADE IT to Fanime 2007? (and shoutouts, too)

Started by Barnes, May 31, 2007, 02:45:24 PM

Did you make it to Fanime?

I did: 4/5 days
33 (84.6%)
Only for __ days
6 (15.4%)
I didn't. *crys*
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: May 31, 2007, 02:45:24 PM

Ekac

Quote from: "evilmonkeh"
The people in the crowded elevator who yelled "SPARTAAA!!" at me..

You either were a Spartan Cosplayer, or you were in the Elevator with one.

...there are no other options, there is no C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y or Z options.

evilmonkeh

Quote from: "Ekac"

...there are no other options, there is no C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y or Z options.

nope, i was just waiting to catch an elevator up to my room and this really crowded elevator stopped on the floor i was on and all the people in it yelled sparta at me O_o

Ekac

Quote from: "Ekac"

nope, i was just waiting to catch an elevator up to my room and this really crowded elevator stopped on the floor i was on and all the people in it yelled sparta at me O_o

Maybe they were ex-Spartans. :D

Kiyoko-chan

@Lisii: *Tacklehugs* HIIIIII~!!! I don't get a shoutout? I'm sad. =T.T=

Anyways! I was there from Friday to Monday. Shoutouts to:

-Anyone at the Ragnarok Online gathering
-The yaoi boys, but especially Andrew for lending me a piece of paper to make a sign
-The people at the front of the masquerade line. It's nice knowing that my friends and I aren't the only ones insane enough to arrive three hours early.
-The person who told us where the masquerade was going to be. Thank you. =T.T=
-The people in the full elevator in the Mariott, when we all shouted, "DENIED!" to anyone wanting to get in.
-The Peggy Sue's people. We're really, really sorry for wasting your condiments last year. But you have to admit, our ketchup and mustard art was beautiful.
Mew?

ChibiSerenaChan

Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"I was there from Friday afternoon to Monday afteroon.

Shoutouts to everyone who staffed at Fanime (especially the Stage Zero crew!), everyone who took pictures of me, everyone that I met for the first time at Fanime, and everyone else that I missed!

woohoo!! we've been named!!!

i'd like to say shout outs to all those who made stage zero an even bigger success this year! we've had more games and more people joining our contests and going on stage and enjoying themselves! thats a lot of 'ands' anyways, just wanted to say hi to all those who actually went to stage zero to hang out and have fun, and enjoy the music videos as well as games, we had for them. you guys were great! we hope to see you all next year! make it an even bigger success! we're always open for suggestions so send a message to any of stage zero staff you see and we'll make sure you've been heard =D
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

Mr. Wendell

Let me give much thanks to everyone who came by Stage Zero, whether it be participating in our games and activities, did major events as part of our programming, promoting their events, or sat down to watch us Stage Zero staff do what we did to try to entertain the Fanime Con audience.

Personal thank you and shout-outs go to the following:

First to my Stage Zero staff:
Sean Barber "The Dude":  You worked so hard between the FMV contest and Stage Zero, and yet we had a much easier time this year than last year.  I thank you for being our producer and for your hard work.
KitsuneOniko:  I thank you for coming back and being there, even after you had gotten ill, and needed time to rest.
Seanie:  You definitely stepped up as a host for Stage Zero when Oniko was away.  Thank you also for the wonderful eats you had and shared to the other staff members throughout all the days we worked.
Jo, Eric, Hanzo, Chris, & Jose:  You all worked hard for Stage Zero, giving 110% and more to make Stage Zero a great place to hang out at.  Much thanks to the viral promotions with the balloons, as well as going around back and forth when we needed things for our Stage and for the FMVs.

Thank you to Jason Ebner for introducing Stage Zero to Fanime last year and bringing it back for next year.  Hopefully we can continue to fine tune our show to be much more entertaining, more informative, and the place to be at when you aren't doing anything else.
Thank you to Scott Rux for providing prizes for Stage Zero to give out.
Thank you to all the participants and audience of our informal DDR Freestyle Exhibition on Saturday night.  It was just a wonderful gathering of all DDR Freestylers, old and new, and it was quite fun to do it.
Thank you to the Parapara girl and her friend who came by and hooked up Stage Zero with those delicious treats on Saturday during the convention.
Thank you to the wonderful massage therapists, for whom I could not do Stage Zero without enjoying a couple moments of relaxation.  I highly recommend to everyone to go by their area and get these wonderful massages next year (hopefully they will be at Fanime next year!).
Thank out to all the Fanime Con staff for your hard work in making Fanime Con 2007 a great event to be at.

Shout-outs to the Damn You Internets folks (Jared, Mikey, Stu, James, & Jason Green) for an entertaining panel
Shout-outs to the Orange Lounge Radio folks (Jamie, Rob, & Loki)
Shout-outs to all the folks I met during Fanime Con, whether my good friends and close associates, to new people I met during the convention.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

Dante

I had a 85% drama-free Fanime (a new record!)  I was there from Thursday night (Vol Badge 0001 baby!) all the way to closing ceremonies... which I have never been able to go to because it breaks my thrice-damned heart every time the con ends...)

First off, props to every single person who noticed and supported my first EVER cosplay attempt at a con.  I was Lillith from Evangelion.  Every single one of you made me love this con more than ever! *hugs, kisses, and glomps*

The crew at Story Story Dai for putitng up with my need to overact!   Any of you can PM, EMail, or msg me, you were awesome!  Props to you all and next time we'll get more of em pulled in!

To the girl dressed as a witch at the Black & White ball, for waiting until after our dance to ask about the man behind the mask.  And for just letting me ramble a bit...

My final prop goes to the Narutards, for hanging out in the common areas in grenade formation.   :twisted:  

"I am the Bad Wolf,
I create myself.
I take the words.
I scatter them .. in time and space.
A message to lead myself here..."

kaite natsuki

Quote from: "Sucrose"Thursday evening to Monday evening, and it all went by so fast. Most of the people I'd be saying hi to are ones I see regularly anyway, but I wanna say word up to John--I hope you actually get your butt on here occasionally (and I hope you feel a bit less dead now)!

lets see i guess i was there all five days though i was half asleep through most of it soo it counts

yup your fail sherpa has finally come sugars and i am stilll pretty dead

Barnes

Shout outs:

Barnes:Wait, thats me. XD
zz2:Hope you passed your finals
DDRGuy:I won't be doing my PIU pad again next year, but hopefully someone else will
Tsubasa and Suspi:Thanks again for my badge :)
gubaba:I only saw you for a few minutes. Sorry I didn't buy anything though. Hopefully you can make it to next year's forum panel
Moogleborg:Thanks for the pic
Minagi:Thanks for the pic. My Mario says hi!
Mordyan:Only two other people knew about my shirt. Oh well. :razz:
Dr O:You vs. me=F-Zero casual matches. I NEED LIVE COMPETITION!
Asa Gohan:Do a Brawl panel next year, ok?
RyuHayabusa:Good to see ya again dude
BurgerKing guy:Damnit! I missed you! Argh!
gmontem:Thanks for taking the Mario pic
Feli:Thanks for the pics
Maids at the Maid Cafe:Thanks for the pic (thanks go to zz2 for the shot.
Everyone else who gave me permission to get a pic:Thank you all. I hope to fix my gallery soon.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

XpHoBiaX

I was there thurs- mon

SHOUTOUTS!

First and foremost:
THANK YOU random lady in the hilton lobby for lending me your phone to call 911

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to the San Jose Fire department and the construction workers who put out the flames in my car, and the tow truck guy for bringing the car all the way back to Lockford.

THANK YOU JERRY for driving my grampa back to his hotel room after the whole car incident.

THANK YOU Eric for staying with me and helping me with my bags, Same goes to Jerry.

THANK YOU Kegan for letting me room with you way in advance!
Thanks for being a great companion!

The Sugars: Even though I didn't get to hang out with all of you much, I was still very happy to have met you.

The Staff at Fanime, you guys rock! Without you there'd be no fanime!

The cosplayers, I wish I took more pics.

Thanks to i-forgot-her-name that drove me to stockton. It was much appreciated! (I still can't believe they uprooted golfland....)

Thanks to the people who gave me free stuff! I will be putting your websites up soon!

Thanks Jerry for giving me one of your cosplays...(I still need a paypal address to send monies too....)

THANK YOU HENTAI ROOM!!  xD

and of course...thanks to my job. Otherwise I would have missed out on all the great things that have happened this past fanime.

Sucrose

Quote from: "kaite natsuki"
Quote from: "Sucrose"Thursday evening to Monday evening, and it all went by so fast. Most of the people I'd be saying hi to are ones I see regularly anyway, but I wanna say word up to John--I hope you actually get your butt on here occasionally (and I hope you feel a bit less dead now)!

lets see i guess i was there all five days though i was half asleep through most of it soo it counts

yup your fail sherpa has finally come sugars and i am stilll pretty dead
Sherpa has arrived! :D I'm so happy.
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

XpHoBiaX

More shout outs...Now that I am remembering things xD

GUBABA!!! For talking with me and comissioning a picture of me. I am working on your bracelet!

BlancoIsa for letting my freinds and I take pics with you. Sorry we weren't around that much to help you get the wings on.

Those who have bought a leather bracelet from me. I will have others made soon, and will be ready to take orders in about a week, so pm me.

Tsubasa and Suspi for the badge, I love it! Sorry I couldn't hang out with you guys longer. Well, Tsubasa mainly, I know it was awkward when I came up and said "Hi I am xphobiax, Here's my dollar." xD I am not really like that. ^^;

Everyone I latched onto and tagged along with until I got my stuff from the sugars' room. xP I'm sorry if I was a pain in the ass...

gmontem

Quote from: "Barnes"gmontem:Thanks for taking the Mario pic
onoz I've been shout outed, or something like that. Didn't think that would ever happen. :o *faints* Anyway, you're welcome. Oh yeah, and thanks, too. :)
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Raydere

Also...

Chun - For hosting the A18 panel, even if things didn't go as planned. I look forward to playing with you again on A18!
OLR crew - For the OLR panel, and the chance to finally see you guys in person.
DJ Ranma S, Drewnami, Khimaera, and other OLR fans at the panel - Nice meeting you all.
deepbluevibes - Great shmupping skills. Glad to see someone who doesn't die before the end of stage 2 XD
The Fanimaids - For the pictures and service.
MistRCaboose - We didn't get to meet up more than once T.T. Oh well, next year!
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

technokei

WOAH MY GOD I WANNA SHOUT OUT TO EVERY SINGLE FREAKING PERSON WHO EVER WENT TO FANIME 09!!!!

thank you all for coming!!!

as one of the staff i want to say CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR !!!!!!!!

btw im the guy who was freaking decked out in black and yellow with a tie and cat ears looking hair :] so in case anyone has a picture of me or w.e feel free to contact me so i can show my gratitude.
once again
FANIME FANS YOU GUYS ROCK FOR EVEN GOING !!!!!!!!!!!! 

anime; its not a hobby, its a devotion!

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well I totally made it on Friday to Monday.

I want to give a shout out to Mika, as you forgave me for being stupid.
Shout out to Jesus (Always)
Shout out to Hug Me T-Shirt guy, and I'll ALWAYS sign your t-shirt, and you give good hugs ^_^
Shout out to Audrey's male friend, who's name I don't remember, that scratched my head and said I was a cute trap
Shout out to all the Lolitas for doing what you do

Finally I want to Shout Out to those people who took my picture, and I would love to get a copy of those pics! I was the 6' 4" tall person with long natural red hair ^_^