Stage Zero Post Mortum

Started by The Dude, May 31, 2007, 05:43:33 PM

The Dude

Ok everyone it's that time of the year again, let's talk about what the GOOD the BAD and the downright UGLY part's of Stage Zero were this year.

We want to know what you liked....

Didn't like.....

And what you want more of.......

I'm pretty sure the rest of my staff will be posting, or at least i hope they post something. But now I want to hear from everyone else. So voice you opinion and let it be heard nothing falls on def ears here.

-Sean
Stage Zero, Manager & Director
Fanime Music Vid Director
Any Questions or Comments send to [email protected]

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "The Dude"Ok everyone it's that time of the year again, let's talk about what the GOOD the BAD and the downright UGLY part's of Stage Zero were this year.

We want to know what you liked....

Didn't like.....

And what you want more of.......

I'm pretty sure the rest of my staff will be posting, or at least i hope they post something. But now I want to hear from everyone else. So voice your opinion and let it be heard; nothing falls on deaf ears here.

-Sean
ironically, after posting many ideas for stage zero, i had literally no time to check it out. that's what i get for volunteering.

i want to know what was done/played, and know what cool things i ended up missing.

even though this is pretty early (and i mean EARLY), can i get in on being a host for next year, Sean?
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

heeroyuy135

I loved "Who's Line Is It Anime" and the Charity Auction (both were on Sunday)

But it was good to see that when I found myself at Stage Zero, there was something going on.

BunofGovt

I did not stop for long at Stage Zero, mostly just passing by, but there was always something happening with an audience.  I did not find any kind of schedule for it so wasn't sure what was going on or when.  Sorry I missed the Charity Auction, too, came in at the end of that, I think.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

ChibiSerenaChan

i still say there could still have been better prizes, because people kept comming to me asking if this is all of it. and not many like vhs tapes anymore. plus i think there was a flyer that wasn't even supposed to be a prize. yet people got it anyways. though i know prizes are hard to come by. me and jo will probably help by donating artwork.

we still should have gotten more games going on, though different ones thatn we usually use. i was wondering how come we didn't do any of the other games we mentioned. quick draw is popular, and jun ken pow (sp?) was actually really popular last year. people were asking if we could bring it back. the dance off turned out great so we should definately bring that back. and we should actually try the games that were mentioned before. we only did the balloon popping once, more times would have been better huh?

well we're still building the success of stage zero, and its been going great because of you sean!!! =D heehee yayness!!

anyways that's my say so far just prizes and games. panels are always good. except for the one where the 2 girls were doing the 'how to pick up girls' on the last day. some people were actually telling me that they didn't like what they were mentioning. especially girls that were around hearing some of it, they came to me when i was walking around and asked if they were really the usual people who do that panel. weren't they just random members who wanted to do that panel because the original people who usually did the panels before ended up not happening? i dunno. just wondering. not to mention people fell asleep while they were up on stage. eheheh. i feel bad for them.

anyways yeah that's all teehee. so sean have i done better on stage than i idd last year?? >T_T< tell me the trruuuttthh!!! lol okie bye byes

~seanie
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "ChibiSerenaChan"i still say there could still have been better prizes, because people kept comming to me asking if this is all of it. and not many like vhs tapes anymore. plus i think there was a flyer that wasn't even supposed to be a prize. yet people got it anyways. though i know prizes are hard to come by. me and jo will probably help by donating artwork.

we still should have gotten more games going on, though different ones thatn we usually use. i was wondering how come we didn't do any of the other games we mentioned. quick draw is popular, and jun ken pow (sp?) was actually really popular last year. people were asking if we could bring it back. the dance off turned out great so we should definately bring that back. and we should actually try the games that were mentioned before. we only did the balloon popping once, more times would have been better huh?

well we're still building the success of stage zero, and its been going great because of you sean!!! =D heehee yayness!!

anyways that's my say so far just prizes and games. panels are always good. except for the one where the 2 girls were doing the 'how to pick up girls' on the last day. some people were actually telling me that they didn't like what they were mentioning. especially girls that were around hearing some of it, they came to me when i was walking around and asked if they were really the usual people who do that panel. weren't they just random members who wanted to do that panel because the original people who usually did the panels before ended up not happening? i dunno. just wondering. not to mention people fell asleep while they were up on stage. eheheh. i feel bad for them.

anyways yeah that's all teehee. so sean have i done better on stage than i idd last year?? >T_T< tell me the trruuuttthh!!! lol okie bye byes

~seanie
what games were played though? were quick draw and juken pow, and the ballon popping games the only things done this year? that would kinda suck if those were the only things done, since i remember submitting a bunch of possible games.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

The Dude

Stage Zero, Manager & Director
Fanime Music Vid Director
Any Questions or Comments send to [email protected]

Mr. Wendell

The games we played were successful, and I wanted to add more games to it, but I guess we just went with what worked...musical chairs, dance offs, and quick draw were our main games.

The balloon game was fun, but just came out way too loud for my tastes with the echo...maybe we'll do it again.

We had a lot of games we had in mind; we just never got to doing them. :(

The staff will definitely have to get together and see what games we want to try for next year.  They will be games we know we can do, and will try.

Sean, let's try to write up the list of games or have the list available, and try to make sure that the games are varied enough that we have something different for every hour we run Stage Zero.

There is a lot of comments about not knowing what type of programming we had for Stage Zero.  The problem last year was that we had so many programming changes, that we decided to be more versatile this year so that we could accomodate for certain events should they not have an alternate place to be at, and then we suddenly have other programming we never knew became scheduled for our Stage.

We do want to have entertaining programming for Stage Zero, however, we still are trying to get attendees to go to major events, such as autograph signings, promoted panels, and other Fanime gathering and events.  Perhaps we should try to streamline it so that we promote other major events 15 minutes prior to the hour, show videos until 10 minutes after, then host games from 15 minutes past to 45 minutes past.  That way, we can continue to promote the major events, but know that games will be done where they will not conflict with attendees going to such main events.

As for hosts, Sean and I will have to talk about who we'd have.  As far as I'm concerned, Oniko and Seanie are locks for hosts.  Oniko has continually shown how good she is as a host, and Seanie has stepped up and done much better than last year.  If we do add one or more hosts for Stage Zero, they will have to know how to work with the other hosts, know how to work the crowd well without being too over the top, even know how to manage the technical aspect if needed.  I do know that I wouldn't mind having Yuni as a new host, based on how she worked well with Seanie on Stage Zero.

Sean and I believe we should get our group together a few times prior to the convention, to try to work to make our show better, with transitioning and making our show more streamline, maybe attempt to provide nonstop action.  I'm not saying we'll do games all the time, but continually have something going on (video to announcement to game to video to announcement to game, etc.)

Clearly AMVs bring crowds in, and games definitely keep the crowd entertained.  However, we need to find some way to inform the audience of major events, but then again, we can't always control where they should go or what events they should hit up.

Thank you to everyone who are helping to make Stage Zero a much better show for Fanime Con, and we hope to continue that for next year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

Keys

Since it's inception, I've always thought of Stage Zero as one of the best new ideas in anime cons.  I like it both as a promotional tool and a semi-random but usually amusing noncommittal source of entertainment.  I'm sure that's not easy to pull off, so kudos to the Stage Zero staff.  I didn't have much time to spend there this year, but every time I walked by, it seemed to have a good crowd of both seated attendees and people milling about paying some attention.

I don't know if this is possible given the setup, but perhaps during the times when videos aren't being shown/the screen isn't being used, you can project both a title of what's going on (like games, or what game, etc) and the upcoming key points you want to highlight on the schedule in other locations (show what's starting in the next half hour - if it's 12:35, show what you want to promote at 1, but still promote verbally as normal.)  A few times I walked by and people were taking questions on stage but I didn't know for what.  For the schedule, having what you want to promote in big, easily-viewable-at-a-distance letters would certainly be useful for people who don't want to get out their schedules or check the posted ones at the rooms.  (It could be that you had this and I just missed it, though I caught several times when all that was being projected was the cute staff drawing a couple posts up.)

KitsuneOniko

THank you to both Stage Zero staff and con attendees and such for posting your views on Stage Zero for it's very much appreciated ^_~ (Right Sean?) :wink:

I had a lot of fun hosting (for those that dunno who this is, I'm Oniko XD) and as always it was a blast to host with Kuya Wendell n mah lil sis Seanie (AND YES, Sean, your high energy is quite contagious and your cuteness seems to appeal to the crowd as always :D Though I am glad this year you didn't force me to eat another purple pool noodle(Inside joke folks ^^; )). Thank you also to DJ Han, Chris, and the rest of our tech n switch board staff for the music and tech work! Thank you muchily to our stage monkey Jo and stage ninja Eric for the continual help with stage set up and props and what not... and of course much thanks to "The Dude" for your producing and directing and givin all order to the chaos that is Stage Zero XD! Thanks to our entire wonderful team for helpin keep the fun and enterntainment flowing and here's to the future continuation, fun, and excitement of everything!

As for improvements and additions? I was hoping we could have more games this year... a lot of people (including myself XD) was lookin forward to silly harisen smackin fun with more Janken Pow ^^;

Another few people were also asking if we were gonna show the "AMV Hell"'s again lol Seemed it was very popular last year ^^
Fanime Volunteer 2003-2004
Fanime Dealership Staff 2005-2006
Fanime Live Programming Staff 2006
Fanime Programing Liaison 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Co-Producer 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Hostess 2007-Present <3

Glitch

It's a beaten dead horse, but the schedules being vague I really didn't like. I missed a big chunk of 3minute video.  I think signs should be put up for something like an hour before it happens. Or least a list events that might happen on the day posted up. So we at least have a heads up to know it might happen.
Anyway, thanks to you guys setting up stage zero. I am gratefull that 3minute got done again this year.

G-Force

Stage Zero rocked so much this year. Whenever I saw hosts on the stage I usually stayed and also stop by to give Wendell mad props. I got up on stage zero a few times myself for the dance off and to do a few who's line skits (I was the one in the cop uniform and holding a megaphone) and I just had an utter blast being both in the audieance and in front of them. I know you all get this a lot but if you're looking for more hosts or someone to help out I'm game.

darkknightcecil

I wanted to see all the events at Stage Zero But I only got see some (Who line is it anime, and couple of other, the dance-off) but anyway you three host Rules!+D
But anyway Make more events for next year! i loved the algorithm march but i wasnt chosen so yeah..

ChibiSerenaChan

Nice Sean! group looks awesome!! lol its funny you erased "that guy" heehee anyways

Yuni does sound like more fun if she became a hostess. but that leaves Mr. Wendell as the Pimp of the group. lol though i don't think he minds =D maybe you should do like a little questionare/interview type thing when you want to find out who might be a good host. to find a way to see the type of personality they'd show on stage, just because of the fact of what happened the this year and last year. i still miss ray ray =D (did i spell his name right >O_o<)

wasn't there a lot of choices of games that were named on the staff board? i was wondering why we didn't go with some of those. jan ken pow is stilla must to bring back though because people have been asking about it.

btw neechan did the whole para para again this year and she did it friday and saturday. and i think sunday too?? (don't know memory retarded) anyways yeah though its always night of fire. i did bring other para para videos we could use those for games too. because i saw plenty of people doing para para in the arcade who knew how and there were para paralists in the crowd. i know night of fire is popular, but i still suggest using the other songs as a challenge ya know?

i don't mind going to a few group meetings for just stage zero, but isn't it kind of hard when it comes to like 2 or 3 of the staff members? because everyone lives far now from fanime including Sean right?

oh and Keys made a good suggestion about showing upcomming events on the screen and verbally saying it that way it makes it easier for those who don't have a program guide and such.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
neechan be prepared, i'm going to be buying a purple noodle this summer just for next year's fanime!! bwuahaha!!!

sadly enough, people's been saying i look older than being cute now since i don't have braces anymore =( how can i pull off cute now *cries* jk lol i'll come up with something like usual =D bwuahaha!!! XD
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

gmontem

The Dude, can you please edit your picture post and use a thumbnail with a link to the full res pic?  The width of that pic is a tad too long.  It makes the width of the message column wider than usual.  As a result we have to scroll vertically and horizontally to read posts in this thread.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!