RE: Dance music!

Started by serajwl, June 02, 2007, 02:56:33 AM

serajwl

Hey kids. I was curious to see what kind of music you would like to see moreso in the dances.

I was talking to a friend I met at the con and he was telling me that he wanted some lighter, more airy or ambient techno, but all he got was this thumping trance (which I love).

I was thinking that maybe it would be possible to change the room of the dance to have a few rooms next to each other, and all playing different sorts of music. Like hip hop, disco, trance, etc.

Jelly Donut

Hip-Hop.

It would be nice to hear something that I'm familiar with, even if it's just a song or two.

Kanchii

I doubt Fanime would put together a couple different rooms, since judging from the equipment they had at the dance they spent a few thousand bucks putting it together. That sure would be cool though, having different themed rooms.

I like the pumping techno we got. There was more airy stuff played midnight to 2am saturday morning when DJ Caen let DJ Stormy play a bit though.

Sidekick

I'd like a hip hop room. =)  I like other music too but the only music I can really dance to without looking like a spazz is hip hop.

Emerge

Quotehip-hop room

thirded

Nyxyin

Quote from: "serajwl"I was thinking that maybe it would be possible to change the room of the dance to have a few rooms next to each other, and all playing different sorts of music. Like hip hop, disco, trance, etc.
Multiple rooms doesn't sound like a good idea since dance tends to be loud, so putting them next to each other would result in bleed, and spreading them out would have dance music blasting over videos and panels.  However, having blocked out dance times might be interesting, like have disco for a few hours, then swap to hip hop for a few hours, and then anime theme songs for a few hours, etc.  They already had a block of time for the Black and White Ball, so maybe just extend that concept into all the types of music.