So...who wants to staff/volunteer in '08?

Started by heeroyuy135, June 02, 2007, 10:35:05 PM

SOawesomeness

:0 I.T. issues, I guess.

But uh, the staff list has closed, no one can join now. Eric says you can join through volunteering, but you'll have to go through the same process as volunteers.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Long

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 01, 2008, 08:24:48 PM
:0 I.T. issues, I guess.

But uh, the staff list has closed, no one can join now. Eric says you can join through volunteering, but you'll have to go through the same process as volunteers.
;______;

Long

Um. Do I have to do something to sign up for volunteering before the con? Or does one sign up during the con.

I think I was misinformed for staffing which is why I was too late for it, because I thought, and I guess so did others, that the staff sign up process was going to work the same way as last time where you apply on the site itself, and not email someone beforehand. xP

But whatever, volunteering might be fine. If I have enough money by then. Hopefully. .____.;

SOawesomeness

D: Yeah, I thought that way worked better, but oh well. To volunteer, you'll have to sign up during the con.
(tip: if you don't have the at-con price for the whole weekend, just apply for that day and get reimbursed every day... the most you'd need by then would be $30)
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Long

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 01, 2008, 10:49:12 PM
D: Yeah, I thought that way worked better, but oh well. To volunteer, you'll have to sign up during the con.
(tip: if you don't have the at-con price for the whole weekend, just apply for that day and get reimbursed every day... the most you'd need by then would be $30)
Ooooh. Nifty. xD

Kandybar

So, if we're thinking we want to staff in 2009, when do we start getting in touch with people?  :P

womanaconda

Quote from: Kandybar on May 27, 2008, 09:47:41 AM
So, if we're thinking we want to staff in 2009, when do we start getting in touch with people?  :P

Now is cool, but you should remind your department head sometime later in the year.

Kandybar

Well, I haven't staffed before, so at the moment I have no department head.  (Have dept heads even been selected for next year?)

womanaconda

Quote from: Kandybar on May 27, 2008, 11:23:41 AM
Well, I haven't staffed before, so at the moment I have no department head.  (Have dept heads even been selected for next year?)

Um, so maybe now is a little early, come to think of it. If you can come to a staff meeting, that's the best way to join staff.

SOawesomeness

I heard that department heads are selected way before the next Fanime. Fanime should already know who the heads are (but sometimes difficulties happen. :00 )
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Tony

It's over! Thanks to everyone who volunteered or staffed this year!

But feel free to inquire about volunteering/staffing for 2009.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014