1 (5%)
it failed DX
0 (0%)
i didnt go
6 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: June 03, 2007, 07:08:52 PM

kimu

ROTFL on the soul burial idea on other cosplayers!  (the imagery I had was great fun) Of course, the hollows-side wouldn't be as nice, would they?
And awesome on the fact Bleach cosplayers could shop in Japantown for lunch. :D
The ideas with this group are great fun. It gives me something to look forward to.

Yukari Kaiba

same here - the idea of going to japantown to grab some food to bring back to the park sounds like fun. im starting to lean more and more towards doing that instead of getting something close by (and sushi + japanese snacks sounds tasty XD).
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Runewitt

probably should have asked this before but Weapon Policy: at con can i jus have my zanpukto stashed in my sash? it's wooden, but i dont have any sort of sheath for it.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on January 19, 2008, 01:01:12 AM
same here - the idea of going to japantown to grab some food to bring back to the park sounds like fun. im starting to lean more and more towards doing that instead of getting something close by (and sushi + japanese snacks sounds tasty XD).

How far away is Japan town from the park? I've had friends that went there a year or two ago, but I've never thought of going there myself. If some people do decide to go, will the people in Japan town look at some of us...if were in our cosplay costumes. XD I'd feel so embaressed.o^_^o
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

jenzee

Thanks Yukari <3!

Japantown is maybe a little less than a mile from the con I think (I live very close to both :d). It's not very big, but there's a very good sushi place called Sushi-maru... You may have to split up though because it isn't a large restaurant ;_;.

ilovepocky~

hahah, I was actually planning on stopping by at japantown right after fanime (or at least the gathering) because the apartments there are ADORABLE (and perfect for a photoshoot!).

japantown isn't that far, I think? the convention center is a few minutes away, from what I remember.

iNSOMNiAC

Yes! Made an account just for this! This will be my third year at Fanime, but my first time ever cosplaying Bleach, and ALSO first gathering ever. xD

Could you please add me to the list? I'm going to be Wonderwice! =] I should have the cosplay done by Fanime, since I've already started. Please and thank you!

The gathering sounds so fun, I can't wait. x3

EDIT: Also, I've got a question about part of the arrancar's outfit. The hakama they wear... it is a hakama, right? And usually those resemble like, long pleated skirts...? Or are they sometimes just really big pants? I honestly can't tell if they wear long skirts or pants, and I kinda need to know which to make... D= I feel stupid for asking this, but I figure this might be the best place for answers.

Runewitt

They're pants. they're just baggy and pleated, like the shinigami wear. think MC Hammer with a sword.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: Runewitt on January 19, 2008, 02:01:19 AM
probably should have asked this before but Weapon Policy: at con can i jus have my zanpukto stashed in my sash? it's wooden, but i dont have any sort of sheath for it.

from what i experienced last year, they might just zip tie it to your sash (really inconvenient it was, made sitting really uncomfortable. I was Byakuya and though i had my katana zip tied into the sheath already, they wanted it tied to my belt DX). i'd email the person in charge of cosplay/weapons policy and ask them.

@fanime_love - its a given that we're going to get stares if we're in cosplay in a setting away from the con site. but its fun to go to places like that in groups XD

@iNSOMNiAC - yay a Wonderweiss cosplayer! one of my friends is coming as Wonderweiss too (he's one of my favorite arrancar, he's so weird xD). i'll add you to the list ^^
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

red_thestrals

ei yukari slight changes... im going as unohana after all... coz my hair is too long for nanao, dont even have the bangs, and i cant cut it shorter since im also going as neji(shippuden) in the naruto gathering. yeah i know its a stupid reason, but thats my real (stupid) reason, sorry for the confusion! ;D

iNSOMNiAC

Quote from: Runewitt on January 19, 2008, 10:06:31 PM
They're pants. they're just baggy and pleated, like the shinigami wear. think MC Hammer with a sword.

Muchos gracias! That's really helpful, considering up until this point I was just guessing. At least now I can be sure. Thanks again. ^_^

@Yukari Kaiba - Thanks so much! Yeah, Wonderwice(weiss? Which way is correct? xD I've seen it spelled both ways...) is my favorite arrancar for sure, and it gives me an excuse to act retarded. <3

nachomonster

iNSOMNiAC

DN6412

If I come on time I'll be cosplaying as Yachiru. Slim chances though . . .

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: red_thestrals on January 20, 2008, 12:44:46 AM
ei yukari slight changes... im going as unohana after all... coz my hair is too long for nanao, dont even have the bangs, and i cant cut it shorter since im also going as neji(shippuden) in the naruto gathering. yeah i know its a stupid reason, but thats my real (stupid) reason, sorry for the confusion! ;D

nah its not a stupid reason, and no need to apologize ^^ ill just change your character status :)

@iNDOMNiAC - yeah i think it can be spelled both ways (either way Wonderwice/weiss is awesome XD)

@nachomonster - you've been added ^^

@DN6412 - ill add you to the list anyways :)
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

iNSOMNiAC

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on January 20, 2008, 08:49:41 PM
@iNDOMNiAC - yeah i think it can be spelled both ways (either way Wonderwice/weiss is awesome XD)

Indeed! And I have only seen two people cosplay him so far. Not surprising, considering he's still a slightly new character, but still... Me and your friend can be twins... xD Or TWitches! =O

...Yeah. I'm a dork. xD

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: iNSOMNiAC on January 20, 2008, 09:36:21 PM

Indeed! And I have only seen two people cosplay him so far. Not surprising, considering he's still a slightly new character, but still... Me and your friend can be twins... xD Or TWitches! =O

...Yeah. I'm a dork. xD

lol XD we'll have to find a Urahara hat for you two to play with or something (or like a toy dragonfly lol).
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

iNSOMNiAC

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on January 20, 2008, 09:39:01 PM

...Yeah. I'm a dork. xD

lol XD we'll have to find a Urahara hat for you two to play with or something (or like a toy dragonfly lol).

Haha, I had those same ideas too! xD I had a conversation with my friend the other day (who may be cosplaying Ulquiorra), that she should have a little dragonfly tied to a string on a stick and wave it around for me to chase. xD

And I plan to try and buy an Urahara hat, so if I can manage that then we can have a little tug-of-war over it or something. x3 But, not enough to rip it! ^ ^;;

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: iNSOMNiAC on January 20, 2008, 09:48:56 PM

...Yeah. I'm a dork. xD

Haha, I had those same ideas too! xD I had a conversation with my friend the other day (who may be cosplaying Ulquiorra), that she should have a little dragonfly tied to a string on a stick and wave it around for me to chase. xD

And I plan to try and buy an Urahara hat, so if I can manage that then we can have a little tug-of-war over it or something. x3 But, not enough to rip it! ^ ^;;

omg the dragonfly-on-a-stick idea sounds so cute XD im definitely going to want a picture of that lol and the tug 'o war on Urahara's hat between the two Wonderweiss/wices would be hilarious XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

iNSOMNiAC

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on January 20, 2008, 09:53:19 PM
Quote from: iNSOMNiAC on January 20, 2008, 09:48:56 PM

...Yeah. I'm a dork. xD

omg the dragonfly-on-a-stick idea sounds so cute XD im definitely going to want a picture of that lol and the tug 'o war on Urahara's hat between the two Wonderweiss/wices would be hilarious XD

Well luckily it wouldn't be a difficult prop to make, so we can probably manage it. x3 And yuss, which Wonderwice will be victorious?? =O And will Urahara ever see his hat again? >> ...The answer is no, not once we get our hands on it. x3