0 (0%)
i didnt go
6 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: June 03, 2007, 07:08:52 PM

iNSOMNiAC

Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on January 31, 2008, 07:31:28 PM
Quote from: iNSOMNiAC on January 31, 2008, 03:45:20 PM
Hey, I've got another question that maybe you guys might be able to help me with...?

Umm. So I'm planning on making Wonderwice's sword (or at least the sheath since we don't know what his sword looks like yet), but... How the hell does it stay on his back? xD There's like... no visible strap or anything. It has me quite confused.

just use a clear strap and place it on your back if you can't find it. Something see-though like a plastic-clear strap.

Oooh, good idea... I didn't think of that at all. xD Thank you!

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: iNSOMNiAC on January 31, 2008, 07:42:55 PM
Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on January 31, 2008, 07:31:28 PM
Quote from: iNSOMNiAC on January 31, 2008, 03:45:20 PM
Hey, I've got another question that maybe you guys might be able to help me with...?

Umm. So I'm planning on making Wonderwice's sword (or at least the sheath since we don't know what his sword looks like yet), but... How the hell does it stay on his back? xD There's like... no visible strap or anything. It has me quite confused.

just use a clear strap and place it on your back if you can't find it. Something see-though like a plastic-clear strap.

Oooh, good idea... I didn't think of that at all. xD Thank you!

it's no problem.. I was just thinking about different types of shirts that don't have shoulders. In order to hand them in your cloest, they sometimes have clear-plastc-strips attached to them. That way your clothes don't fall down from the hanger or on you while your wearing them. Some bras have them too.
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

Yukari Kaiba

yeah i was trying to find clear pictures of Wonderwice from the back, and the ones i did find didn't really show how the sword is held onto his back. so i'd go with the clear strap too. you could always ask around in the Bleach thread on the cosplay.com forums - everyone there is incredibly helpful so im sure you'd also be able to get tips there ^^

only a couple months to go everyone! excited yet? :D
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Runewitt

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on February 03, 2008, 10:54:18 PM

only a couple months to go everyone? excited yet? :D
Very. its going to be my first gathering and i cant wait to get started on my cosplay, as soon as i order the patterns, cause the stores here dont carry them.  :( already have the sword almost done though.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

iNSOMNiAC

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on February 03, 2008, 10:54:18 PM
yeah i was trying to find clear pictures of Wonderwice from the back, and the ones i did find didn't really show how the sword is held onto his back. so i'd go with the clear strap too. you could always ask around in the Bleach thread on the cosplay.com forums - everyone there is incredibly helpful so im sure you'd also be able to get tips there ^^

only a couple months to go everyone! excited yet? :D

Yeah, I took a bunch of screenshots of Wonderwice and alas, no strap, just a floating sword magically attached to his back. And, I have  been thinking about going to the cosplay.com forums lately, so this would be a good reason to.

I'm INCREDIBLY excited; I just need to finish my cosplays first! >< Gosh, its coming up SO fast. I'm also worried, that I might not have gotten the right type of fabric for my arrancar outfit... I'm not an expert at this in the least; on the contrary, I'm quite a newbie when it comes to sewing and the like, so I'm a bit worried. x_x I'm having help with it, but choosing the fabric is all up to me. And I don't have enough money to go out and buy a different kind... Ah, but now I'm ranting. I'm sorry! >n<

Yukari Kaiba

a good fabric to use in general for both the shinigami and arrancar uniforms is twill, or something similar (a light cotton for the white under kimono for the shinigami and the black lining for the arrancar works well also).
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

iNSOMNiAC

Hmmm... Well, I can't look at my fabric now to check, because its all at my grandmother's house... But at the fabric store, it didn't even say what type of fabric it was. o_O
But, thank you for helping out. =]

Digi

oh snap, i haven't RSVPed on this list yet? man i'm behind. so yeah, i'll be going as luppi.

...LOLJK. add me, yukari! XD [edit-->] and what's this talk of nachos grande? that sounds so bomb

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: Digi on February 06, 2008, 11:07:09 PM
oh snap, i haven't RSVPed on this list yet? man i'm behind. so yeah, i'll be going as luppi.

...LOLJK. add me, yukari! XD [edit-->] and what's this talk of nachos grande? that sounds so bomb

pssh way to be behind on the gathering Espada 6- oh wait, i mean former Espada 6 XD bummer you're not doing Grimmjow, but i bet you'll be an awesome Luppi *added* edit: haha i just realized you were joking about going as luppi XD lol my bad *fixed list*

oh the nachos grande...yeah we're planning a lunch meet up before we play frisbee before we take photos XD. basically we're meeting at the park across the street (some of us are heading down to japan town and grabbing food down there) at 11, and theres going to be music and possibly liar's dice. its going to be good times :D
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

fanime_lo-ve

okay I know for sure now. My friend Jessica is going to go as Lisa (vizard I believe) umm.. She's really planning to follow through with this, I saw her costume. She's all set to go. So if you could put her on the list, I would really appreciate it. d(^_^)>
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

Yukari Kaiba

FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

talu-chan

Quote from: iNSOMNiAC on February 04, 2008, 03:50:44 PM
Hmmm... Well, I can't look at my fabric now to check, because its all at my grandmother's house... But at the fabric store, it didn't even say what type of fabric it was. o_O
But, thank you for helping out. =]
Make sure you measure multiple times and also. If the black faberic is thick but still light you should be fine.

These violent delights have violent ends and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

sael

O____O It's you! I've heard so much about your awesome Grimmjow cosplay from Yukari! rofl

So... um.... Yeah.... That's really all I had to say about your post XD

Anywhos.... Question for any Wonderweiss cosplayer: His jacket, oh how I'm starting to hate it... Does it cut off at his waist (in both the front and the back) and split into two flaps (one on each side of his hips), or is the arch only in the front. I'm using ch. 230, pg 13, and ch. 233, pg. 8 and 15 as reference but I'm kind of iffy due to the way he's standing/kneeling.

@iNSOMNiACI: His sword looks like it hangs more on his left than his right (ch. 230, pg 13; ch. 233, pg 9), but the manga shows no straps for it either.

iNSOMNiAC

Quote from: chaosbark on February 09, 2008, 08:29:28 PM

O____O It's you! I've heard so much about you from Yukari! rofl

So... um.... Yeah.... That's really all I had to say about your post XD

Anywhos.... Question for any Wonderweiss cosplayer: His jacket, oh how I'm starting to hate it... Does it cut off at his waist (in both the front and the back) and split into two flaps (one on each side of his hips), or is the arch only in the front. I'm using ch. 230, pg 13, and ch. 233, pg. 8 and 15 as reference but I'm kind of iffy due to the way he's standing/kneeling.

@iNSOMNiACI: His sword looks like it hangs more on his left than his right (ch. 230, pg 13; ch. 233, pg 9), but the manga shows no straps for it either.

Well, the anime's outfit for Wonderweiss arches only in the front, while the side and the back are both long. I have screenshots to prove that, but I'm not so sure if its the same in the manga, I'll have to skim over it again.
Don't worry, I'm also hating his outfit as well. It doesn't appear to make any sense... xD

And thank you for the help with the sword; its not a necessity for me, but I'd really love to make it if I can! ...At least the sheath for it...

error00004

I'll be going as Ulquiorra but if I don't make the outfit in time then I'll just wear the make-up with some random clothes...or something funny.
Cosplays 10:
Noctis-FF XIII Versus
Mikuo-Vocaloid
Blood Seras-Hellsing
Dizzy-Guilty Gear
Dark Shiek-LoZ

Yukari Kaiba

yay another Ulquiorra! ill go ahead and add you to the list
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Yukari Kaiba

only a couple more months to go everybody! how are the costumes coming along? :3
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Runewitt

i... still havent ordered the patterns.. money's a bit tight right now.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

iNSOMNiAC

I actually have to start all over on Wonderwice I think... Which isn't that much of a setback, I just gotta get new fabric since the kind I got probably won't support a zipper... And stuff... Dx
But I'm determined to finish it! x___x Just gotta earn some money... I finally got a job, so...

talu-chan

These violent delights have violent ends and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.