1 (5%)
it failed DX
0 (0%)
i didnt go
6 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: June 03, 2007, 07:08:52 PM

kimu

Kanzake: If you've got a week's time to put into it, (or of course, parts of a week's time--have to eat and sleep and goof off, too, right?), then I'm betting it will come out okay!!

As for directing a huuuuuge Bleach group?
Traffic cones could get kind of heavy to hold up.... ;p
If you can't get some kind of megaphone....
Maybe some kind of whistle to get everyone's attention?
A tall banner or some kind of sign to help identify your spot in the crowd so everyone knows where to direct their attention?
Someone from the military who's got the practiced Loud Attention Everyone Voice to help transmit orders for setting up shots?
A few second-in-commands to help you that are scattered around, and know your plan ahead of time to help transmit it to the people farther away from you? Maybe a couple walkie talkies with them to then spread your directions? That way it might be faster getting everyone in and out of the groupings and you won't have to rely on the "telephone" game of people passing the word along.

Kanzake

i gots a walkie talkie :O XD i can help. 4 years in marching band, we yell at the halt at the end of the show after the last chord and rip! O.o;

i miss high school marching band D:
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

ININ

Harbor Freight in Fremont might have cheap megaphones.  My Dad gets their ads in the mail.  I keep the megaphone thought at the back of my head.  I saw one on eBay for $10, but with $20 shipping :(

Yukari Kaiba

@ININ - hmm maybe ill look into that place you mentioned, see what they have (i dont want to have to spend a lot of money on it DX needs the monies to fund the cosplays xD).

@Kanzake - hold on to that walkie talkie - if i need second in commands i might recruit you XD

@kimu - i have these small plastic cones my brother and i use to set up courses when we go take out our go-carts, i was thinking maybe i could use one of those (definitely lighter than traffic cones). and im definitely considering the second-in commands - last year i did have some one help me out when my voice started to go XD lol
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

iNSOMNiAC

Hmmm... Sorry I keep asking questions, and I'm debating whether I should ask them in the "Cosplay Sewing And Construction Support" thread, but since I've already been getting some good responses here, I'll just ask...

What do all of you make your hollow masks out of? There's a couple options that I can go with, but I was just wondering if maybe there's something that's better. Since I'm cosplaying Wonderwice, and he has a tiara-like hollow mask, I was thinking of gluing a beret-hair thingy on it so it would stay on... But, I'm open to any suggestions. I'm very nervous about getting this cosplay right, since its something I'm so enthusiastic about, and I'm a perfectionist so its gonna bother me otherwise. x_x

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: iNSOMNiAC on March 01, 2008, 10:48:32 PM
Hmmm... Sorry I keep asking questions, and I'm debating whether I should ask them in the "Cosplay Sewing And Construction Support" thread, but since I've already been getting some good responses here, I'll just ask...

What do all of you make your hollow masks out of? There's a couple options that I can go with, but I was just wondering if maybe there's something that's better. Since I'm cosplaying Wonderwice, and he has a tiara-like hollow mask, I was thinking of gluing a beret-hair thingy on it so it would stay on... But, I'm open to any suggestions. I'm very nervous about getting this cosplay right, since its something I'm so enthusiastic about, and I'm a perfectionist so its gonna bother me otherwise. x_x

i can help out yet again XD
a lot of Arrancar cosplayers swear by using Crayloa Model Magic for the hollow pieces (my Ulquiorra helm is made out of the same stuff). its a air dry clay that becomes really light when its dry and you can easily glue on a hair clip to keep it on your hair or wig. I've seen other people use paper clay and plaster, but it all really depends on the size of the hollow piece. for Wonderwice, you can easily use the model magic.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

fanime_lo-ve

I know this maybe a little of topic for fanime or even Bleach, but I'm dying to ask. Is their anyone from this thread planning to go to the Sakura Festivle in San Francisco. I just thought it would be cool running into some of you. I wanna see the parade. I hear they have a cosplay contest early in the morning too.

I can't belive I was born in San Fran and raised in the Bay Area and never noticed any of these things. I must be a total space-monkey half the times.  :D
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

iNSOMNiAC

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on March 01, 2008, 11:22:53 PM

a lot of Arrancar cosplayers swear by using Crayloa Model Magic for the hollow pieces (my Ulquiorra helm is made out of the same stuff). its a air dry clay that becomes really light when its dry and you can easily glue on a hair clip to keep it on your hair or wig. I've seen other people use paper clay and plaster, but it all really depends on the size of the hollow piece. for Wonderwice, you can easily use the model magic.

...I swear, I owe you like, a huuuuuuge hug or something, for helping me so much. xD

I'm definitely going to take your advice. I am sure Wonderwice's hollow piece is probably one of the easiest, so yeah, I'll probably go with the Crayola Model Magic stuff you said. Thank you so much! ;__;

kimu

fanime_lo-ve: I know I am not the only one from this Bleach thread going to the Cherry Blossom Festival in SF.
I entered the contest yesterday, and they were up to 47 entries now, including me.
I'm hoping to get to meet up with some of you, although I won't be cosplaying from Bleach for the contest or parade.

I will probably be cosplaying as Ukitake at the Treasure Island picnic, however.
:)

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: iNSOMNiAC on March 02, 2008, 01:15:08 AM
Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on March 01, 2008, 11:22:53 PM

...I swear, I owe you like, a huuuuuuge hug or something, for helping me so much. xD

I'm definitely going to take your advice. I am sure Wonderwice's hollow piece is probably one of the easiest, so yeah, I'll probably go with the Crayola Model Magic stuff you said. Thank you so much! ;__;

no problem ^^

@fanime_lo-ve - like Kimu i also entered the cosplay contest for the Cherry Blossom Festival ^^ remember the parade is on the sunday of the last weekend of the festival (they also hold the contest that day). i highly recommend signing up to walk in the parade its a ton of fun - i met the people im going to AX with this year last year at the festival cause we were all in Bleach cosplay and just kinda stuck together for the parade XD (we totally outnumbered the Naruto people too lol). I'm planning on entering my BANKAI Renji ^^
for the Treasure Island picnic though im considered Byakuya (cause i havent worn it in such a long time, or maybe my StreetFighter cosplay if its finished enough to wear).
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

ININ

I'm cosplaying as Syaoran for the Cherry Blossom Fesitval.  Two years ago, a sword shop had a sale on swords.  I need a sword for my Syaoran.  Sorry, fellow Bleachers   :(

Yes, sign up to walk the parade at Japan Video in Japantown.  After the parade, you get a goodie bag.

I have a picture of last year's Bleach gathering in front of City Hall.  I upload as soon as I can.

ryuyasha

Hello! Sign me up as attending as a Kisuke, and my friend shall be going as Rukia! So, add one of each to the list please! (also, we might get an ichigo, and an orihime, though theyre still kinda undecided.)

ZukoLKirafan1

I don't think I will be Momo anymore...sorry. :(

Lelouche, I LOVES YOU!

BunofGovt

Quote from: ININ on March 03, 2008, 01:01:07 PM

Yes, sign up to walk the parade at Japan Video in Japantown.  After the parade, you get a goodie bag.

???  I've been in the parade the past two or three years and I don't think I've ever gotten a bag.  Dang, I'm usually exhausted and leave almost as soon as we finish at Jtown.  Where do you go to get the bag?
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: kimu on March 02, 2008, 05:37:58 PM
fanime_lo-ve: I know I am not the only one from this Bleach thread going to the Cherry Blossom Festival in SF.
I entered the contest yesterday, and they were up to 47 entries now, including me.
I'm hoping to get to meet up with some of you, although I won't be cosplaying from Bleach for the contest or parade.

I will probably be cosplaying as Ukitake at the Treasure Island picnic, however.

@kimu: I really hope I will be able to meet you, even though you probably won't notice me waving my arms around like a made person. = ) I want this to be a good experience, so I plan to take many photos. I might post them online; who knows, I may catch. ((gotta catch'em all))

@Yukari Kaiba: If you go as Renji I'll probably be able to notice you from the crowd right away. This will be my first time watching the Cherry Blosom parade in SF. I'm really excited, because my Dad is supposed to be taking me. ( if he doesn't stand me up) The parade is also one week before my birthday, so I really plan on seeing this through. Going to the parade and creating good memories with my Dad and my friend will be the greatest thing for me to cherish. So wish me luck, I hope everything falls into plan.  :-\

{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on March 03, 2008, 10:07:50 PM
Quote from: kimu on March 02, 2008, 05:37:58 PM

@kimu: I really hope I will be able to meet you, even though you probably won't notice me waving my arms around like a made person. = ) I want this to be a good experience, so I plan to take many photos. I might post them online; who knows, I may catch you. ((gotta catch'em all))

@ININ: I hope you post the pictures. I wanna see them so bad = )

@Yukari Kaiba: If you go as Renji I'll probably be able to notice you from the crowd right away. This will be my first time watching the Cherry Blosom parade in SF. I'm really excited, because my Dad is supposed to be taking me. ( if he doesn't stand me up) The parade is also one week before my birthday, so I really plan on seeing this through. Going to the parade and creating good memories with my Dad and my friend will be the greatest thing for me to cherish. So wish me luck, I hope everything falls into plan.  :-\

{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

Yukari Kaiba

@ryuyasha - ill add you and your friend to the list ^^
@ZukoLKirafan1 - aw thats too bad D: well you're still more than welcome to come to the gathering ^^
@fanime_lo-ve - yeah im going as Renji, bankai version (so basically look for a giant snake prop thing XD). hopefully you'll be able to make it :)
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

ININ

Quote from: BunofGovt on March 03, 2008, 09:11:14 PM

???  I've been in the parade the past two or three years and I don't think I've ever gotten a bag.  Dang, I'm usually exhausted and leave almost as soon as we finish at Jtown.  Where do you go to get the bag?

The pick up was located on the left side of the stage.  If you see cosplayers with a bag, ask them where the pick up is.

Try to stay after the parade.  My friends are planning to eat dinner at my cousin's restaurant in Pinole.  It's Happy Sashimi on Pinole Valley Road.  Everyone here are welcomed to attend.

I find time to upload the Bleach group shot pics after work :)

kimu

Yeah! Sounds like a fun place, with the name happy in it.
I think April 20 will be a great day! And a fun prelude to Fanime.
(My Cherry Blossom costume will be Sairin from Twelve Kingdoms. Something for filling out the fun for  a 'lovely costume that's not a crossplay and obscure character from less known/cosplayed series'.)

I promise to cheer on fellow Bleachers at the contest and parade, or Bleachers that won't be in Bleach costumes for the day, and now I'll know what costumes to look for.

I'm curious about the Crayola model magic, when it finishes drying, how breakable is it? Nice and sturdy or handle with a little care?

Yukari Kaiba

@Kimu - its pretty durable once its dried, but it should still be handled with a little care. a small crack has appeared on my Ulquiorra helm which is made out of the stuff, but its on the horn at the very tip, which makes sense since the clay is thinner there. but otherwise its pretty durable. a lot of people like to put a layer of gesso over it to harden it and give it a little more strength and durability.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)