1 (5%)
it failed DX
0 (0%)
i didnt go
6 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: June 03, 2007, 07:08:52 PM

Yukari Kaiba

my take on the English VAs: personally, im not too fond of them. only ones i feel that fit the character are Hanatarou, Zangetsu, Unohana, and Yamamoto. all my favorite people (Renji, Byakuya, Shuuhei, and so far of what i've heard of Grimmjow & Ulquiorra) i haven't really been impressed with. but thats just me XD
regarding anime: isn't it back in fillers right now??
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Yuu

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on May 08, 2008, 11:40:09 PM
my take on the English VAs: personally, im not too fond of them. only ones i feel that fit the character are Hanatarou, Zangetsu, Unohana, and Yamamoto. all my favorite people (Renji, Byakuya, Shuuhei, and so far of what i've heard of Grimmjow & Ulquiorra) i haven't really been impressed with. but thats just me XD

*Sigh* Yea. It's really getting so tiring. I remember in the early manga, and even the anime, when there was quite a bit of symbolism and depth.
Then it went into that horrible downward spiral of watching nothing but Ichigo's self righteous ass go around shoving himself in everyone else's business, having to  play the hero when no one asked him too..aha..I'll stop now or I never will.

On an unrelated note; is anyone good with photo editing? I really like the picture I have in my avi but it is obviously not a good avitar. Would anyone mind fixing it up for me?

HuggalotXOmocha

This is going to be one hell of a gathering. Im looking forward to this craziness. xD

Jangular

yeah, I was watching the new ep of Bleach a couple weeks back when they changed the intro, and halfway through there were all kinds of people I didn't recognize...and I just said screw it and turned it off out of annoyance, I'll stop here and not ruin any anime only watchers with spoilers, just that I don't want Bleach to turn into Naruto >_<
Okage-Sama De~ Productions :D

www.youtube.com/user/OkageSamaDePro
www.okage-sama-de.devianart.com
www.myspace.com/okagesamdepro

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: Yuu on May 08, 2008, 11:55:44 PM

*Sigh* Yea. It's really getting so tiring. I remember in the early manga, and even the anime, when there was quite a bit of symbolism and depth.
Then it went into that horrible downward spiral of watching nothing but Ichigo's self righteous ass go around shoving himself in everyone else's business, having to  play the hero when no one asked him too..aha..I'll stop now or I never will.

On an unrelated note; is anyone good with photo editing? I really like the picture I have in my avi but it is obviously not a good avitar. Would anyone mind fixing it up for me?

haha i totally understand what you're getting at though. i'm not all against Ichigo or anything, though he's not ranked amongst my favorites in the series. and i hated seeing Grimmjow get beat down by him D:...meh.

@HuggalotXOmocha - this gathering is going to be epically awesome and OVER 9000 >D
lol
oh im going to post the photo groups tomorrow (cause im kinda tired/too lazy to go get the notebook i have them written down in XD), so you guys will get an idea of how things will go.

@Jangular - im hoping Bleach doesn't go down that path either ><
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

migitlicious

Shinigami men's association! I laughed so hard when I saw that at the end of the episode. And Iba was in it too, which I pointed out to my boyfriend because I still want him to cosplay as Iba =D

clawmaster

Quote from: migitlicious on May 09, 2008, 01:59:30 AM
Shinigami men's association! I laughed so hard when I saw that at the end of the episode. And Iba was in it too, which I pointed out to my boyfriend because I still want him to cosplay as Iba =D

yea that was funny and they all wore the same outfit and sunglasses xD. I liked Jūshirō Ukitake expression when they showed him with sunglasses on. lol. but the reason for fillers is to have the guys make the manga further along so that the anime catch up to the manga and eventually cancelled. for example Kenshien. but yea its not a spoiler but just a guess that this time or filler is after the arrancar arc but it sounds like this would it look like IF they survived what happends in the hollow world. by the way any have u noticed that there are more big boob girls and little girls that like ichigo not to mention the new one they introduced in the new ep. I think the creator is a bit of a pedo o_o. someone correct me if i am wrong!

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

userpay

I'm having trouble figuring out a name for my shikai form (for those that don't know I'm making my own char) involving by katana and wazitashi. Then I found some paper claws I've made and thought that I could use those like the claws on my right hand and the wazitashi in my left. I'll post some pictures later of the claws for reference.

californiacos

XD. The creator is a boob man more than anything, I think.

Woot, I heard that the cosplay chess is looking to be in better shape now.

Yukari Kaiba

alrighty everybody, i have the photo groups! heres how its going to go down saturday:
@ The Fountains
-Captains
-Lieutenants
-Shikai/Bankai
-Arrancar (includes HM Gin,Tousen, and Aizen)
-Vizard
-Soul Society Rescue (Ichigo, Rukia, Ishida, Chad, and Orihime *not HM version)
-Urahara Shoten (Urahara, Yoruichi, Jinta, Uzuru, the other guy XD, Kuukaku, Don Kanoji, and Mod Souls)

@ The Park
-Divisions 1-13
-Espada
-scene reenactments
-fan requests

annnnd i think i covered about everything. oh regarding the photos at the fountain: i was thinking that instead of doing a huge group Bwahaha photo like we did last year (the number of people coming is just going to make organizing that photo insane ><), i thought that the last pose for every group would be the Bwahaha. that sound ok with everybody?
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on May 08, 2008, 10:30:15 PM
Quote from: clawmaster on May 08, 2008, 10:13:18 PM
oh uh anyone seen the new ep of bleach? anyone care to tell me what time period this is in? my guess its what happneds after they got back from the hollow world cuz they still have thier powers from the arrancar arc.
O.O -ack!- No!!!

Spoilers!! TT>TT

yeah! you know better Mindnightrosebud, And it isn't a time period. There are just on fillers right now...so it's a side story.
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

chumichan

I could edit it up for you! :3
Cosplay for FanimeCon 2009:
> Trucy Wright
> Rin Kagamine (Gekokujou) ?
> Chrome Dokuro (yukata) ? ?
> Seychelles ? ? ?
> Neku Sakuraba ? ? ? ?

californiacos

XD. I imagine it would be hard to get a group photo. I don't think that much squishing into one another exists. Kinda sad though, it would be nice to have all those different characters in one pic, but quite impossible.

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: californiacos on May 09, 2008, 05:15:33 PM
XD. I imagine it would be hard to get a group photo. I don't think that much squishing into one another exists. Kinda sad though, it would be nice to have all those different characters in one pic, but quite impossible.

we did it last year, theres a link to it floating the thread somewhere. its like this huge panoramic photo XD i would love it if we were able to do that photo again, but with the size of the group and the space available i don't think its doable. that and organizing a group that big for a photo would be stressful DX
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

californiacos

I know, it would so hard to get everyone to pay attention and pose. 2.2 I read the older posts about the fanime 2007 gathering. Were the men and women of bleach pics, and the ichigo and renji fighting over rukia (so wanna redo!), fan requests, or planned?

Yuu

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on May 09, 2008, 04:04:38 PM
alrighty everybody, i have the photo groups! heres how its going to go down saturday:
@ The Fountains
-Captains
-Lieutenants
-Shikai/Bankai
-Vizard
-Urahara Shoten (Urahara, Yoruichi, Jinta, Uzuru, the other guy XD, Kuukaku, Don Kanoji, and Mod Souls)

@ The Park
-Divisions 1-13
-Espada
-scene reenactments
-fan requests

annnnd i think i covered about everything. oh regarding the photos at the fountain: i was thinking that instead of doing a huge group Bwahaha photo like we did last year (the number of people coming is just going to make organizing that photo insane ><), i thought that the last pose for every group would be the Bwahaha. that sound ok with everybody?

*raises hand* Uum..I go..where? ;_;

I dont have a place anymooore!? WHY? Why did I abandon my Renji cosplay!?

Quote from: chumichan on May 09, 2008, 05:12:24 PM

I could edit it up for you! :3

Hooray! Thank you. ^^

userpay

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on May 09, 2008, 04:04:38 PM
@ The Fountains
-Captains
-Lieutenants
-Shikai/Bankai
-Vizard

@ The Park
-Divisions 1-13
-Espada
-scene reenactments
-fan requests

Hmm I guess this means I should attach myself to a division, Kempatchis will do nicely I think  ;D Would it be ok for shinigami other than the lieutenants to have an arm band?
Anyway I have a link to the claw thing I was talking about (forgot I had this camera). I'm gonna remake them out of black paper/construction paper if I do use them. Should I? Claw on one hand and wazitashi in the other is this plan.
http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc266/userpay/claw/

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: californiacos on May 09, 2008, 05:26:13 PM
I know, it would so hard to get everyone to pay attention and pose. 2.2 I read the older posts about the fanime 2007 gathering. Were the men and women of bleach pics, and the ichigo and renji fighting over rukia (so wanna redo!), fan requests, or planned?

yeah, the men & women of bleach and the ichigo and renji battle over rukia (i was the renji in the photo XD) were fan requests.

Quote from: Yuu*raises hand* Uum..I go..where? ;_;

I dont have a place anymooore!? WHY? Why did I abandon my Renji cosplay!?

ack omg i forgot you're doing Young Byakuya DX hmmm well we could put you with the Division 6 group at the park, and you could stand with the captains next to the other Byakuyas.

@userpay - the claws look awesome! though if you ask me i wouldn't make them out of construction paper - they won't last very long. you're better off using craft foam or cardboard and paper mache (it will look a lot better too). oh and regarding the armbands - im trying to keep the groups as accurate as possible, so no one other than the lieutenants have armbands ^^;
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

userpay

@userpay - the claws look awesome! though if you ask me i wouldn't make them out of construction paper - they won't last very long. you're better off using craft foam or cardboard and paper mache (it will look a lot better too). oh and regarding the armbands - im trying to keep the groups as accurate as possible, so no one other than the lieutenants have armbands ^^;
[/quote]

Eh I don't have the time or materials to do it out of the materials you are suggesting (cardbord might be akward [paper conforms to my fingers], and I don't have experience with the other stuff) and I can at least replace the claws easily compared to that other stuff. So do you suggest doing a number on the costume at all or just leave that out and just say I'm with division 11?

edit: Looking to see any claw oragami online I can only find one version thats different from what I've got, which do you guys think is better (video)?
http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc266/userpay/claw/?action=view&current=CLIP0223.flv

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on May 09, 2008, 04:46:17 PM
Quote from: MidnightRosebud on May 08, 2008, 10:30:15 PM
Quote from: clawmaster on May 08, 2008, 10:13:18 PM
oh uh anyone seen the new ep of bleach? anyone care to tell me what time period this is in? my guess its what happneds after they got back from the hollow world cuz they still have thier powers from the arrancar arc.
O.O -ack!- No!!!

Spoilers!! TT>TT

yeah! you know better Mindnightrosebud, And it isn't a time period. There are just on fillers right now...so it's a side story.
How was I supposed to know? I haven't seen the anime in weeks! Although I'm trying to keep up with the manga....;.;
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy