1 (5%)
it failed DX
0 (0%)
i didnt go
6 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: June 03, 2007, 07:08:52 PM

Charis

Portland apparently has an excellent light rail system, and there's a line directly from the airport to the con hotel that's very regular into the later hours and reasonably priced besides -- I think it might be a few blocks by foot, from what I've gathered of the directions.  It's my first Kumoricon, though, so I don't know for sure what it's like.

(Oh, and Kimu -- if you do wind up deciding to go, not knowing what flight plans would fall out like and whether chibi over there would be like my folks and heading back up late Monday, I've got a room booked through Monday night that will be just me then.  Curse you, lack of late flights forcing me to stay another day!)

I think my boss gets amused by my handing him vacation forms months in advance.  I apologised for just giving him my AX one last week, and he laughed at my calling it "late notice".

... urgh, losing certain cosplays -- or even bits of them -- would be hell.  It's why I hate checking any luggage, but I've pretty much given up on that with certain props.  Sigh.  Won't someone invent a teleporter faster?!
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Yuu

Quote from: kimu on June 13, 2008, 10:06:11 PM

As for Kumoricon...that would be awesome if I knew there was a room to share to save costs! I'd be happy as a Captain to keep an eye on the chibi future taichou... LOL!

I am planning on Sakura Con next March, and at this point, was thinking of an extended vacation and driving north for it.

You, keep an eye on me? HA! I'll have you know that I"LL be the one with authoritah!

That I don't want * Sulks dramatically*   Oh such cruel fate that I should be set in charge of the very thing's I am against.

Ehe..okay. I shall go ahead and reserve a hotel for us to share.

kimu

I'll confirm after I find out about airfare. If it's nutso high priced, then that will kill the trip.
Even Captains have a budget.
;)

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: kimu on June 13, 2008, 10:06:11 PM
I'm driving down to AX alone (meeting others for hotel there)...and if I was sure we could work that whole thing out, I'd offer to bring Zabimaru for you Yukari. But I don't know we could get that all worked out?

aww thanks for the offer :) yeah i'm not sure how we'd work that out either, since we're both a good distant apart as far as locations go. but hey, its the thought that counts =D
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Yuu

Quote from: kimu on June 14, 2008, 07:57:15 AM
I'll confirm after I find out about airfare. If it's nutso high priced, then that will kill the trip.
Even Captains have a budget.
;)

Bud...get? Huh? What the hell is THAT? XD

Seriously, I forgot but apparently I've already reserved a room. Huh.

I just HATE flying. I prefer trains. They require a lot more time though.

MidnightRosebud

@ Yuu and ToshiX

You two are a crack up! =) I generally don't like arguments, especially in forums, but yours is so entertaining that I keep hoping someone will reply back just to keep it going. XP

@ Yukari and Kimu

What have I done? XD

Actually...I think that would be fun. To get a picture of an Ulquiorra and Gimmjow together with an Arturo. I think I would burst at the seams! It would be hysterical! >.<
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

kimu

Yuu-- don't count me out. I've got a little time to play the airfare game!
And I've got enough requests and reasons I suppose for going....

As for the argument?
Noooooo!
Don't get them going! I've seen our chibi Byakuya in action, it's dangerous I tell you!
Hm, wonder how early on Byakuya mastered bankai? Probably due to attitude....
:D

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on June 14, 2008, 10:27:35 PM
@ Yukari and Kimu

What have I done? XD

Actually...I think that would be fun. To get a picture of an Ulquiorra and Gimmjow together with an Arturo. I think I would burst at the seams! It would be hysterical! >.<

lol gives me more incentive to wear Arturo to the gathering rather than Noitora XD (though I am hoping to have both at Fanime). Actually, that might be better though, can't direct and hang onto me double scythe o' doom at the same time lol
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Yuu

Quote from: kimu on June 14, 2008, 11:03:16 PM
Yuu-- don't count me out. I've got a little time to play the airfare game!
And I've got enough requests and reasons I suppose for going....

As for the argument?
Noooooo!
Don't get them going! I've seen our chibi Byakuya in action, it's dangerous I tell you!
Hm, wonder how early on Byakuya mastered bankai? Probably due to attitude....

Sweet!

Now I've someone to throw to the fangirls whilst I escape    I promise you wont regret a thing!

and I have no idea what you mean by 'attitude'.

BTW, there is cosplay chess at KC

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=6889.0

I'm going to sign up and so is Paul. The likely hood of being selected as a player is based on how many other characters form your series are there. If we all sign up we have a pretty good chance of playing.

kimu

Are you signing up as a chess player or a board piece?
Remember, I know all about a certain member of Sixth Squad at a recent cosplay chess game....
;)

MidnightRosebud

@ Kimu

Sorry about that. ^.^;;

@ Yukari

That actually makes a lot of sense. Practical too. =)
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010

Yuu

Quote from: kimu on June 15, 2008, 12:54:52 AM
Are you signing up as a chess player or a board piece?
Remember, I know all about a certain member of Sixth Squad at a recent cosplay chess game....
;)

I depends on the costume the lady has me wear. I said I only wanted to be a chess master as Mini-Byakuya.
Unfortunately it's a VERY obscure costume so she'll probably ask me to wear something else.

I may be forced to go as Renji in the end.

Apparently, I am 'THE Renji' for Sakura/Kumoricon ( wish they'd have told me this BEFORE I dyed my hair jet-freaking black) and everyone is threatening to do horrible things if I don't go as him again.

MidnightRosebud

This may be slightly off topic, but does anyone know where I can find a pattern for hakama?

Cosplay 2010

ToshiX

So ya anyone going to CC to meet Tite Kubo ^ ^

I am YATA ^ ^
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Yuu

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on June 15, 2008, 03:55:07 PM
This may be slightly off topic, but does anyone know where I can find a pattern for hakama?

I can ask my friend if he will scan the pattern in his book for you, I THINK he has one in a book.

kimu

I wish those going to SanD success in meeting Tite Kubo!
At the con, you'll probably want to find out when VIZ will let you line up for tickets if he does do a signing. That seems to be their habit from when I met Nobuhiro Watsuki and saw how they handled the other guests last year, too.
And the panel? Probably have to be there hours ahead to get in....I hope you get into that, too!
But take notes and let the rest of us know how it goes!!
After attending 12 of the last 14 years, I am not going this year. I am tired of the packed crowds on the floor, short enough it makes it hard to see anything, and it's not been much fun for me because everyone's lost in the big hall or stuck sitting in a line. Their raising the prereg to $75 finished it for me. So I decided to go to different conventions, starting with Fanime--and now AnimeExpo. And maybe Kumoricon if all goes well.

As for hakama...I don't have the info handy, but I've heard Folkwear has a "guide" rather than a true pattern.
And there's supposed to be some other company that put a pattern out. If you can do forum search on cosplay.com, I know there's been more than one posting on the subject.

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: Yuu on June 15, 2008, 05:43:52 PM
Quote from: MidnightRosebud on June 15, 2008, 03:55:07 PM

I can ask my friend if he will scan the pattern in his book for you, I THINK he has one in a book.

TT.TT Please and thank you!!

@ Kimu

Thanks! I'll give that a try as well!

@ ToshiX

You lucky duck! I ENVY you! >>.<<

To Everyone:
In your opinion (**spoiler**) does Lisa Yadomaru (currently a Vizard member) wear a skirt or very short hakama as a shinigami? I'm still not sure. ;.;

Cosplay 2010

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: ToshiX on June 15, 2008, 05:13:50 PM

I am YATA ^ ^

is he really coming to CC? i was looking at the special guests list and he's not on there /:???

@Midnight - Folkwear has one ^^ not necessarily a pattern per se as kimu said, since its basically a lot of measuring and marking (only pattern that actually comes with it is for the koshita aka backboard), but its pretty easy to follow and im using it to make the hakama for my Renji variant for AX ^^
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

kimu

Yes, Tite is going to be at San D Con.
Because VIZ is bringing him in, as opposed to being a guest of the con itself, that may be why he's not listed there yet?
They announced it a couple weeks ago, and then Tite himself mentioned it as part of the pre-show stuff for Memories of Nobody.

However, 4-day passes are sold out now. Day passes are still available, but I don't know if anyone's announced what day Tite will be at the Con. And the hotel thing has long been nutso for that con.
And as mentioned, I can imagine the mess of humanity! It was challenging getting to the Nobuhiro Watsuki signing and panel, I can just imagine the percentage of that 120,000+ crowd that might be interested in Bleach....
That's why I wish everyone we know that is going success, and make sure to use every trick in the shinigami book for it!

Renji variant?
With the kinds of topics in here recently, I'm not sure if we should be afraid of that?
:)

ToshiX

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on June 15, 2008, 08:02:00 PM
Quote from: ToshiX on June 15, 2008, 05:13:50 PM

I am YATA ^ ^

is he really coming to CC? i was looking at the special guests list and he's not on there /:???

@Midnight - Folkwear has one ^^ not necessarily a pattern per se as kimu said, since its basically a lot of measuring and marking (only pattern that actually comes with it is for the koshita aka backboard), but its pretty easy to follow and im using it to make the hakama for my Renji variant for AX ^^

yes he is going to cc
VIZ Announced It and SJ said it is too
so he is 100% there ^ ^
and the cc website didn't update for a while too ><
It has been confirmed
http://www.shonenjump.com/news/newsroom/index.php?id=40

also the 4 day passes all sold out too so
you have to reg 1 day for each day lame.
and they are not reg. on spot so it has to be all pre-reg. me and my friends are volunteering
3 hours a day for a pass for that day not a bad thing.

@midnight XPPP
I'm hoping
didnt know how many bleach cosplayers went to last CC
so wish me luck ^ ^
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???