Official Fanime 09 Cosplay Gatherings List *Final List.... See you @ FANIME!*

Started by BSaphire, June 08, 2007, 10:57:06 AM

Were you able to located the gatherings during Fanime 2008?

Yes, I knew when and where because I found it in the Fanime.com Cosplay forum.
46 (26.6%)
Yes, because I was able to find out when and where during con because of the Gatherings Info boards posted at Fanime.
23 (13.3%)
Yes, because I was able to find out when and where during con because of the Official 2008 Fanime Gatherings list.
8 (4.6%)
Yes because of 1-3.
43 (24.9%)
No, because I couldn't find the information at Fanime 2008.
13 (7.5%)
No, because I was not on either the Fanime.com forums or the Cosplay.com forums before Fanime 2008.
9 (5.2%)
I didn't know because I was new to Fanime 2008.
18 (10.4%)
I didn't care either way.
5 (2.9%)
Whatever!
8 (4.6%)

Total Members Voted: 165

StrawberryNeko

hello! please add Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi Warriors Gathering to the list! The gathering will be held on Saturday @ 2. MP& Location in front of the convention near the fountains! thank you

fanime forum: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,11465.0.html
cosplay.com forum: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=167579

PikachuRepublic

Can the Sailor Moon Gathering be at 2pm on saturday? The location pref. in front of the fountains, or between the entrance to the con center and the fountains like last year. Thanks~
"The Legendary mask is a thing of the past, and the face revealed is also beautiful~!"

hellangel

CLAMP gathering is now set to be Sunday at 11 AM, at the fountains in front of the convention center
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

RyuSan777

Im Hosting the Ouran High School Host Club Gathering at 12:00 pm on friday! a MP&L is in the lobby of the convention center near the front doors
Fanime Cosplays
Day 1: Ootori Kyoya- Ouran HS Host Club,
Tsuchimi Rin-Shuffle!,Kiryu Zero-Vampire Knights
Day 2:Hitsugaya Toushiro *Bankai Form*- Bleach
Death the kid-Soul Eater, Zero-Code Geass
Day 3:Philipenes-Hetalia
Day 4:Kyon- The Meloncholy

error00004

Official Legend of Zelda Gathering 09
Date & Time: Saturday, at 2pm in front of fountains.

Cosplays 10:
Noctis-FF XIII Versus
Mikuo-Vocaloid
Blood Seras-Hellsing
Dizzy-Guilty Gear
Dark Shiek-LoZ

blkriku

BSaphire

The list has been updated!

If your gathering is listed in the "Unconfirmed" it is because things are missing. PLEASE read the first post and follow the directions listed at the top. If I have PM'd you please respond to the pm.

I'm waiting ^^)

For those of you finalizing your gatherings please follow the first post of this thread.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Charis

B - when's the deadline for gathering listings?  I've got one (Juuni Kokki) that's on the fence as far as having enough people, and I want to make sure to settle one way or another in time.

Thanks!
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

BSaphire

Quote from: Charis on March 04, 2009, 11:03:46 AM
B - when's the deadline for gathering listings?  I've got one (Juuni Kokki) that's on the fence as far as having enough people, and I want to make sure to settle one way or another in time.

Thanks!
Great Question ^^)

This is the main reason why I don't push to have the Gatherings List in the program. I want as many gatherings on the list as possible and the info as accessible as possible so that cospeeps can attend/have fun at the gatherings. I also want each gathering to have a great turn out. If I closed it a month prior to the con then many many MANY gatherings wouldn't make it on the list. SO... :P to answer your question...

The FINAL UPDATE is Midnight Wednesday May 20... I plan to arrive @ Fanime on Thursday so to update anything printed for the info boards or a pocket list would be very hard for me to accomplish.

In the next 30 days many of the smaller gatherings will notice more people posting or viewing their threads.  The main problem gatherings face as time to con gets closer is that there isn't enough time slots left available or locations get full and they have to find another location.

I know that one possible problem this year, more than last, is the economy because the average cosplayer spends $125 for a cosplay and the country's economy is effecting all of us and our ability to cosplay as we would like. The economy will effect who or how much each of us can cosplay with room, transportation, badge, and food costs (not including our $$$'s for AA & DR ^^) So things will be up in the air for a while longer... don't stress if you don't have lots/enough peeps just yet... give it at least 30 days.

Thank you Charis... I'm sure there are others out there asking the same question and for those that didn't understand why the Gatherings List isn't in the program guide can see why I don't push it. Program Guides go to the printer approximately a month before.

Be sure and follow the directions on the first post when you submit your gathering. :)

Squidges to all ^^)
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

Quote from: PikachuRepublic on February 25, 2009, 10:02:00 PM
Can the Sailor Moon Gathering be at 2pm on saturday? The location pref. in front of the fountains, or between the entrance to the con center and the fountains like last year. Thanks~
It is up to the thread starter/gatherings organizer to send me a pm with the requested information. If you wish to have the above time and location be sure and posted on either the Cosplay. com thread or the Fanime thread for the Sailor Gathering. Thought the thread/organizer has not updated the info  on them recently they are still in charge. They are also pretty busy with school and such so please be patient.

Thank you
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

MidnightRosebud

Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

Touya no Miko

The date for the KHR gathering is confirmed. Same as I said last post.

Saturday 11:30 am- 12:15 pm

OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

BSaphire

Konnichiwa Fanime Cospeeps! :)
Ok Fanime peeps! 2009 is here and there is lots to do and some news!

Fanime is making the Cosplayer Gatherings into a department under Live Programming! I have wanted to do some bold moves for a while and with the growth in the number of gatherings and cosplayer run events the time has come ^^P. There are some new changes that will happen in how I have run this in the past, but "It is ALL GOOD" I assure you! ^^)

As usual this post will be updated with the current information on the cosplayer gatherings. Please be sure and check your gathering info periodically once it is posted and read this entire post for any changes. I don't want anyone to be left out. ^^) Fanime Programming and events may cause a gathering organizer to change the date/time/location of a gathering.

Now for the new guidelines:

#1 I will have a gatherings/cosplayer events check in table located on the first floor of the convention center.

#2 The gathering organizer/thread overseer &/or Coplayer event organizer needs to check in to the gatherings table 10 minutes prior to the start of your gathering/event. DO NOT send someone else to the table because you will be on my list not them.

When you check in I will have one of the gatherings staff go with you (or check in with you) to shoot a couple of group photos for Fanime to use. Please advise your gathering that Fanime will be taking photos of the group and if they do not wish to be in them to step aside. If they stay then they are giving consent to be photographed. This needs to be stated on your first post with the list of those attending your gathering. Feel free to copy the following and post it on your list post.

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

#3 Each gathering organizer/thread overseer &/or Cosplayer Events organizer needs to send me a pm prior to their time being listed on the Official Cosplayer Gatherings thread. In the PM to me the following needs to be done:

#3ASubject line is your gathering name &/or Cosplayer Event (if you are running more than one gathering then you need to put MULTI Gathering in the subject line)

#3BList each gathering name &/or Cosplayer Event, the URL for the gathering/event, requested Day & Time, location and/or meeting place individually. If you are running an event during a gathering please list the gathering also:

Example: Shonen Jump, http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,4426.0.html, Sunday 3 PM, L & MP = Fountains in Front Hilton side, EVENT = Otaku Game Sunday 3:30 PM or immediately following the gathering.
Shonen Weekly, http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,9938.0.html, Friday 6:30 PM, MP & L = 1st Convention Center.
Shojo Beat, http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,8501.0.html, Saturday Time TBD, MP = 1st Floor Convention Center, L = Fountains in Front

#3CThen list your First & Last Name (yes, your real name,) Your Forum Name, and your Badge Name if different. For Example:

Jane Doe, Forum Name = Lucky Charms, Badge Name = Jane's Lucky Charms (If they are all the same then just list your name and FN & BN are the same.

That is basically it. After you contact me I will double check your URL and info then post your requested info if available.

If you are interested in starting a gathering/are running a gathering PLEASE read this first: Q & A about this thread is listed here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,7748.msg294456.html#msg294456

As of 12/03/08 there is a
list of all 2009 gathering threads for both the Fanime and Cosplay.com forums found here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,11219.0.html

If you have any other questions please post, pm or email me and I will get a reply to you ASAP. Also, be sure and take the poll. I will periodically update in a post what the polls are doing.

Arigato

BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

A couple of things for ya Fanime Cospeeps ^^)

Current status of poll results:

150 voters:

124 Found the info on the gatherings
30 Could not find it or were new
11 Didn't care either way

Secondly:

The list has been updated!

If your gathering is listed as "Unconfirmed" on the first post please check to see that you have followed the new guidelines and completed all the requests. The most common one is that the Fanime Photograph disclaimer is NOT posted on your thread (s) on the first post for your attending to read. If that is the only thing missing please fix it and re PM me with your gathering in the Subject line and your URL (s) in the body of the message with any changes or completed info that was missing.

If you remain on the "UNconfirmed" list you will NOT have your gathering listed on the "Gathering Info Boards," on the Gatherings List thread for Fanime forum or Cosplay.com forum, and any pocket list that may be available during Fanime. That means the 20% that do not know about your gathering and are new this year will most likely NOT get the info on your gathering. Then there are the 20% who get the info at con and are not on the forums prior to con. THAT IS 40% of the cosplayers @ Con.

Last thing:

Always check that the correct info was posted for your gathering. If it is incorrect please post here and let me know.

Thank you everyone for your patients. I know it is a little different this year than in the past, but with cosplayers being more recognized for who we are (AWESOME ^^) by Fanime means there are just a few changes.

Love to ALL :)
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

MidnightRosebud

Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

marisuga

I think we should maybe do a Del Rey or Tokyopop gathering. Alot of anime's don't have a gathering but also aren't a shonen jump or shojo beat manga.

Anyone else up for one of them? Maybe both?

BSaphire

The list has been updated! ^^) If you know someone running a gathering that is listed in the "unconfirmed" please let them know that there are new guidelines and that they need to read & follow them to list their gathering (s). If you received a pm from me then please respond asap so that I can move your gatherings into the requested time (if still available)

Arigato
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Pandari

Just wondering but the Ranma 1/2 gather disappeared  off of the front page. Was the gather still scheduled? The main page for it doesn't have any new info

BSaphire

Quote from: Pandari on March 31, 2009, 04:48:50 AM
Just wondering but the Ranma 1/2 gather disappeared  off of the front page. Was the gather still scheduled? The main page for it doesn't have any new info
I do not know what that gathering is currently doing. Here is the info and link for it:

Ranma ½ ~ Umeboshi ~ http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,11704.0.html

Try the thread and see what is happening there first. If no response in the next week try PMing the thread starter to see if it is still happening/they are able to run it/see if peeps are still interested in coming to it. If that doesn't work/there isn't enough interest... try looking into other gatherings where your Ranma 1/2 character would fit in...

For now that gathering is not on either the unconfirmed list nor does it have a time slot. Maybe it needs you to give it a jump start ^^)

Good luck
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

The list has been updated!... (again :P )

If your listed in Unconfirmed still check your pm's on Fanime and/or C.c for a message from me ^^)

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC