Official Fanime 09 Cosplay Gatherings List *Final List.... See you @ FANIME!*

Started by BSaphire, June 08, 2007, 10:57:06 AM

Were you able to located the gatherings during Fanime 2008?

Yes, I knew when and where because I found it in the Fanime.com Cosplay forum.
46 (26.6%)
Yes, because I was able to find out when and where during con because of the Gatherings Info boards posted at Fanime.
23 (13.3%)
Yes, because I was able to find out when and where during con because of the Official 2008 Fanime Gatherings list.
8 (4.6%)
Yes because of 1-3.
43 (24.9%)
No, because I couldn't find the information at Fanime 2008.
13 (7.5%)
No, because I was not on either the Fanime.com forums or the Cosplay.com forums before Fanime 2008.
9 (5.2%)
I didn't know because I was new to Fanime 2008.
18 (10.4%)
I didn't care either way.
5 (2.9%)
Whatever!
8 (4.6%)

Total Members Voted: 165

BSaphire

The list has been updated and ALL prior unconfirmed gatherings have been listed in their requested time slots! *YEAH!!!

I do want to give everyone a heads up though... some time slots are getting VERY close to being blocked out. That means if your group is close to confirming a time I would highly recommend it. Here's  a re-post of how to do it ^^)

Arigato ^^
B

Now for the new guidelines:

#1 I will have a gatherings/cosplayer events check in table located on the first floor of the convention center.

#2 The gathering organizer/thread overseer &/or Coplayer event organizer needs to check in to the gatherings table 10 minutes prior to the start of your gathering/event. DO NOT send someone else to the table because you will be on my list not them.

When you check in I will have one of the gatherings staff go with you (or check in with you) to shoot a couple of group photos for Fanime to use. Please advise your gathering that Fanime will be taking photos of the group and if they do not wish to be in them to step aside. If they stay then they are giving consent to be photographed. This needs to be stated on your first post with the list of those attending your gathering. Feel free to copy the following and post it on your list post.

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

#3 Each gathering organizer/thread overseer &/or Cosplayer Events organizer needs to send me a pm prior to their time being listed on the Official Cosplayer Gatherings thread. In the PM to me the following needs to be done:

#3ASubject line is your gathering name &/or Cosplayer Event (if you are running more than one gathering then you need to put MULTI Gathering in the subject line)

#3BList each gathering name &/or Cosplayer Event, the URL for the gathering/event, requested Day & Time, location and/or meeting place individually. If you are running an event during a gathering please list the gathering also:

Example: Shonen Jump, http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,4426.0.html, Sunday 3 PM, L & MP = Fountains in Front Hilton side, EVENT = Otaku Game Sunday 3:30 PM or immediately following the gathering.
Shonen Weekly, http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,9938.0.html, Friday 6:30 PM, MP & L = 1st Convention Center.
Shojo Beat, http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,8501.0.html, Saturday Time TBD, MP = 1st Floor Convention Center, L = Fountains in Front

#3CThen list your First & Last Name (yes, your real name,) Your Forum Name, and your Badge Name if different. For Example:

Jane Doe, Forum Name = Lucky Charms, Badge Name = Jane's Lucky Charms (If they are all the same then just list your name and FN & BN are the same.

That is basically it. After you contact me I will double check your URL and info then post your requested info if available.

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

The list has been updated! If your gathering is listed as unconfirmed please check for a pm from me ^^)

Also note that the links for the listed gatherings will be removed from the first post on May 1st. If the gathering is not already listed in the gathering threads list for 2009 I will place it there.

Less than 30 days till the fun starts!!! Are You READY???

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

shireikan_sakura

Code Geass Gathering
Day: May 24, 2009, Sunday
Time: 1:00 pm
Upcoming Cosplays:
Liechtenstein of Hetalia (Fanime 2009)
Dr.Frank Stein of Soul Eater (On Hold)

luluuxduplica1223

After many troubles, The Pokemon Gathering has been decided(Or may change.)

POKEMON GATHERING!
11 AM
Fountains on front of Convention
Saturday

There will be a photoshoot and maybe a few pokemon battles. ^_^

EDIT: And there will be trivia. ^_^
Proud member of  Moral Insanity Cosplay group :D
http://moralinsanitycosplay.deviantart.com/
My deviantart:
http://luluuxduplica1223.deviantart.com/

*Organizer of the Pokemon, Fruits Basket, Gravity Falls, and Wonderland gathering at Fanime Con 2013! :D*

BSaphire

The list has been updated! ^^)

"Unconfirmed" gatherings: Please check your PM box for a reply from me (C.c or Fanime box)

PLEASE read the new guidelines and follow them. Posting your gathering info on this thread is NOT enough to get your gathering listed.

15 DAYS left!!!

List will be final on May 20th @ 11:59 pm. No changes additions or substitutions will be guaranteed after that time.

Back to sewing :P

B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

Three days Left till the Gatherings/Event list is finalized.

ALL THREAD STARTERS/ORGANIZERS/OVERSEERS Please read the first post... Time is running out. I will update the list later today (5/17) so make sure you get everything done before you pm me.

Thank you
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

List has been updated!

IF your gathering is listed and I am still waiting on a PM with the info know that I still expect a complete PM from you before WEDNESDAY @ 11:59 AM or I will remove the gathering from the list and it will not appear AT Con.

All Gathering/Event organizers:
1. Check your info on the first post.
2. Make sure you check in 10 minutes PRIOR to the start of your gathering/event/rehearsal at the Cosplayer Gatherings/Events Table on the 1st Floor of the Convention Center Lobby Area.
3. Update any info on your first post of all your threads. (For those who are organizers that didn't start the thread make sure the post with the info is updated and re-post the link to the list and info.)
4. If you haven't submitted your gathering yet please follow the submission guidelines. Link is located on the first post of this thread.

List closes Wednesday, May 20, 2009. Once closed, any "UNCONFIRMED" gatherings or events will not appear on the Gathering Info Boards, Pocket Gatherings List (if provided) or at the Cosplayer Gatherings/Events Table. If you haven't submitted your gathering/event it will not appear in those places either.

There are no changes made at con during Fanime so make sure EVERYTHING is set before Wednesday, May 20, 2009.

Thank you everyone for all your hard work! :) I have talked with so many outstanding people this year and it has been crazy wonderful putting this all together!

Love to all
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

MidnightRosebud

Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

fanime_lo-ve

(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

BSaphire

Your welcome ^^)
"Tick ...tock.... Tick... Tock.... Tick.... tock....."
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Avairrianna

Thanks for adding the Resident Evil gathering! I'll see you there!
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

RyuHayabusa

@B: Ragnarok Online gathering at 5:30 p.m Saturday, in front of the fountains. Make it confirmed now.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

heeroyuy135

So, are we locked in? Because what I can do is schedule tweets announcing when each gathering is going down

K&K4ever

The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

BSaphire

Final List is UP!!! I am off to con... there are no changes that will be made to the list. If you haven't taken the poll take it (new one for next year after con ^^) I will post the results when I get back.

Love to all
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

ranma12

BSaphire

2009 is over **( but now we can start planning those new costumes, great skits, fun activities, and talk with the many new and old friends we met until 2010 comes. I wanted to post the final poll results and say thank you to everyone for all the support this year. Look to the new threads for 2010 to give your feed back, list your URLs, take the 2009 poll, and find out what is coming up for 2010. I will be locking this one after this post.

Poll results for both Fanime & Cosplay.com Fanime 2008 Gatherings Info poll:

239 votes total:
167 votes for finding the info
52 votes for unable to find the info
20 votes for did not care either way

There were 65 "Official" Gatherings & 16 Cosplayer events: That boils down to one busy B *giggles* and it was CRAZY wonderful!

Squidges Cospeeps!
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC