Official Fanime 09 Cosplay Gatherings List *Final List.... See you @ FANIME!*

Started by BSaphire, June 08, 2007, 10:57:06 AM

Were you able to located the gatherings during Fanime 2008?

Yes, I knew when and where because I found it in the Fanime.com Cosplay forum.
46 (26.6%)
Yes, because I was able to find out when and where during con because of the Gatherings Info boards posted at Fanime.
23 (13.3%)
Yes, because I was able to find out when and where during con because of the Official 2008 Fanime Gatherings list.
8 (4.6%)
Yes because of 1-3.
43 (24.9%)
No, because I couldn't find the information at Fanime 2008.
13 (7.5%)
No, because I was not on either the Fanime.com forums or the Cosplay.com forums before Fanime 2008.
9 (5.2%)
I didn't know because I was new to Fanime 2008.
18 (10.4%)
I didn't care either way.
5 (2.9%)
Whatever!
8 (4.6%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Raedyn

Gathering:  Final Fantasy VIII
Day:  Sunday
Time:  12 noon
Meeting Place/Location:  Fountains
Costumes:

Rinoa Heartilly (Ballroom Attire) (Final Fantasy VIII). 95%

Rinoa Heartilly (Hand-Knit) (Final Fantasy VIII).  90%

Karla (Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken).  20%

halifaxmealine21

Does any one have any idea or know where and when the Bleach gathering is going to be??? I havnt really seen any posts about it or anything... I would post one but I might not cosplay as a bleach character this year... let me know..

BrightHeart76

Quote from: halifaxmealine21 on February 13, 2008, 08:36:19 PM
Does any one have any idea or know where and when the Bleach gathering is going to be??? I havnt really seen any posts about it or anything... I would post one but I might not cosplay as a bleach character this year... let me know..

Follow this link for info.

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,7710.0.html
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

TaikoMoon

This is brilliant! Thanks for organizing this. Man... Why didn't I think of this.
"Friendly fire isn't"
'08 cosplay(s) All still debatable:
Chibi Maya/tenjho tenge
Ibuki/Street Fighter

Paladin Cecil

I've got a couple of gatherings I want to schedule. I haven't found a time for them yet, but the ones I want to schedule are a general RPG character gathering and a gathering for Tales characters.

Rainbow Ichi

I want a Ragnarok Online Gathering D: anyone want to share insight on what time Ragnarok Online Fans want to gather about?
"Brevity is the Soul of the Wit"
"Pen and Sword in accord"

Rainbow Ichi's DeviantART Page:
http://rainbow010101.deviantart.com

BSaphire

Konnichiwa! :)

I have added the times and many of the gatherings. If you have posted here already please check the info for your gathering.

Most of the big gatherings have posted their info (Is there a FF All gathering this year?) and many gatherings still need to post their info here.

Thanks
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

vasher

Mostly confirmed ^^-

What: Trinity Blood gathering
When:  Saturday 4pm
Where:  Fountains

bahamutknightzero

Hey BSaphire, the Capcom vs SNK Gathering isn't on the second floor. Or was there no option for the gathering to be held on the first floor or outside near the fountains?

Rette

Hellsing Gathering
When: Saturday 2:30
Where: Fountains

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

Paladin Cecil

I recently found out that someone else has scheduled a Tales gathering and they'll post the time for it.
I have a time for the general RPG character gathering as well.

I'd like to tentatively schedule it for 2:30 Sunday at the fountain.

ZukoLKirafan1

Awwww, no Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu gatherings.

Lelouche, I LOVES YOU!

hellangel

Ouran High School Host Club
gathering/picnic
Monday
10 AM
Fountains

Thanks!
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

fighter_for_hire

Sailor Moon Gathering
Sunday
2 PM
Between fountains and entrance

Black Kawaii Kitty

Devil May Cry Gathering
Friday @ 2pm
by the fountains

budds

The .hack/ALL gathering, if possible, can it be at 3:00pm on Saturday at the fountains in front of the convention.
Well...EXPLOSIONS!!

~Cosplay in Progess~
                            Haseo(.hack//GU)-0%
                             Kazu(Air Gear)-90%

BSaphire

Updated w/changes :P... Now back to sewing *giggles ^^)
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

heeroyuy135

Quote from: BSaphire on March 04, 2008, 11:27:37 PM
[COLOR="Blue"]Updated w/changes :P... Now back to sewing *giggles ^^)[/COLOR]
Hurray updates! *huggles j00*

budds

Im sorry but would it be okay to change the .hack gathering to Sunday at 1 p.m. in front of the fountains?
I realize more people will be doing .hack//ALL on sunday
Well...EXPLOSIONS!!

~Cosplay in Progess~
                            Haseo(.hack//GU)-0%
                             Kazu(Air Gear)-90%

BSaphire

Attention ALL GATHERINGS!!!

It has come to my attention that the Cosplay Masquerade will be moving to Saturday & will be held at the San Jose Civic Auditorium (where it was held 2004 - 2006) right across from the fountains @ the San Jose Convention Center. Because I know so many of you plan your gatherings around the Cosplay Masquerade & ALL of the Cosplay Masquerade info is NOT up currently I wanted to give you all a HEADS UP! I am not involved with Cosplay Masquerade, I am only providing the information that I have read. http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,8270.60.html

I would also like to Strongly suggest that if you have scheduled your gathering with in 1 hour of a LARGE (60+ peeps) gathering and in the same area that you consider moving it before or after these gatherings.

As a photographer I can say that large gatherings take more time to shoot and it may prevent some of the photographers from attending your gathering if it is scheduled at the same time. It also puts lot of people in the back ground of the photos of your group due to the large crowds that attend the large gatherings.

This is ONLY a Suggestion, but I would like to see many of you happy about your gatherings and I also know that there are quite a few new people organizing gatherings and may not be aware.

Thank you
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC