Let's steal all of AX's ideas...for real

Started by heeroyuy135, June 09, 2007, 12:18:49 AM

ph1shf00d

Quote from: Makou on October 29, 2007, 10:01:25 PM
The only thing I want from AX is the dubbing competition. I'd love to see that this coming Fanime. No, really, I'd love to try it out and see how well it goes. Please consider! *Prays

Is that really AX-exclusive?  SacAnime Summer last year had a panel with Crispin Freeman which was sort of a "Dub your own anime" thing..  Not quite a competition, I think, but it could probably easily be turned into one.  Guests of Honor tend to have panels and stuff anyway, so an event/panel with a VA guest MCing a dubbing competition would be pretty fun.

darkstar

Why would you want any ideas from those incompetent f*cks?

FanFicGuru

Quote from: darkstar on January 28, 2008, 04:21:33 PM
Why would you want any ideas from those incompetent f*cks?

Um, because regardless of their customer service debacles, AX is the convention that many of the Industry's leaders go to in order to make key announcements regarding licenses.

I'm with Pyron on the whole "not being professional to approach people during the con" thing...of course, it being long since AX finished I don't see why Fanime can't see what AX did wrong this last year and try to make Fanime a more welcoming environment for industry leaders to come and share the exciting news of upcoming releases.

That is, if the industry is still around in May...those of you following the ADV panic on Anime News Network will know what I'm talking about.

Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

heeroyuy135

Quote from: FanFicGuru on January 28, 2008, 08:14:13 PM
That is, if the industry is still around in May...those of you following the ADV panic on Anime News Network will know what I'm talking about.

I'm still waiting to see if there's a follow-up before panicking

pockystix

It seems to me a lot of the industry folk go to Anime North during the time Fanime rolls around, since we hold the same con dates. Darn Canadia.
And I don't know if AX show fansubs (didn't bother checking screening rooms), because it seems more like what a "by fans, for fans" con would do, rather than an industy con like AX. If we'd have to remove controversial media like fansubs from our programming just to attract more industy folks, then I don't think it's worth it.
New sn = Meirin

Super No 1

Seriously, trying to turn Fanime into a big industry trade show like AX is not in anybody's best interests.
Nergene A.
-super-no1.com - (Owner)
-J!-ENT - (Staff Photographer)
-Cosplay Underground - (Cosplay pictorials)