AMV contest location

Started by Mango Bunny, June 10, 2007, 07:19:46 PM

Mango Bunny

I've asked this in other threads, but nobody seems to have given me a reply.

Ok, so as we all know the amv contest was moved out of the civic center. Why so? Also, will t be moved back ever? Or is it where it was this year forever?

I miss it in the civic center! It really had an atmosphere there.

I don't mean to complain too much,  just want to know if the beloved amv contest will go back to being how it was.

Spiritsnare

I second this. I didn't go to the AMV contest showing because of where it was.
epic progressive

vox

dealerJason

Here is the story...
We opted out of the Civic to go to the CPA to give Cosplay a better venue.

The CPA charges by performance, so we would have to spend more money to have both the Civic and the CPA

I created the J in the hopes of having Music fest, Big Panels, AND 4 showings of AMV in there since we could not have a big venue.

Musicfest got REALLY big all of a sudden.  With all the sound checks, I could not have the venue for AMV's.

It was a last minute decision to hold the AMV contest in video room 1

Will the Civic return?  Not likely.  It comes with no equipment.  Fanime has to rent everything in there.  Since everyone really enjoyed the CPA, it is not worth the money to put Masquerade back into the Civic.

So, Gary and myself will be playing with ideas. with room placement and venue decisions.  I hope you will bare with us as we play with our venue while being fiscally responsible.

As always,
Blame Ebner
Jason Ebner
Fanime Staffer *retired*
I was blamed for EVERYTHING! :-)
www.asahicon.org
www.blameebner.com

Mango Bunny

Ok, that makes some more sense now. Still wondering though, are you going to try to hold it in a nice place next year, or just a room in the con?

If you end up having to hold in in the con somewhere I can understand the financial issues, but it doesn't mean I won't miss the amv contest being the way it was.   >.o

Kyokun

Please, if you have to hold it in a small room again, to make sure to adjust for volume.  Some of the AMVs were extremely loud, and I had to cover my ears through them.

phoenixphire24

I might be remembering this wrong, but 2 years ago I think there was a Bleach marathon which was held in a rather large video room. I don't remember where it was, but it was definitely bigger than the room the AMVs were held in this year. Any chance we could have it in that larger room, or is it always used for the marathons?