Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles Cancelled

Started by Ska_Kitti, June 11, 2007, 02:17:50 AM

Ska_Kitti

F#$% F%^& F&*( F!@# ...

I'm not sure how well the Clamp news flows around the boards here, so for everyone who doesn't know... NHK decided to cancel the third season of TRC because of a "no violence/no alcohol" policy. Everyone who does, or if it's been mentiond alreay, just delete this thread please. The news has been out for uh... about a month? So... in my boredom and search, I found just one little bit of hope for me... big anime otaku over here... an online  petition. I signed it, so I'm dropping a line if anyone wants to sign it too. ^_^ I'm just hanging on a thread for dear life because it's Clamp.

http://www.petitiononline.com/tsubasa/petition-sign.html
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

~~Loktera~~

Wau... That sucks... Shame I haven't been much of a fan of the Anime (More of a Manga person) but stlll...

How many times have they gotten drunk and bloodied in the "First Season" of the manga?
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

shortpachoo

I won't believe this till I see something official about it

Only thing I have heard about Tsubasa is that it might be getting a special OVA called Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations which could be released with a volume of the  manga

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

Ska_Kitti

Yes, well I don't think Clamp has officially gone public with the announcement... or they have and the rumors are true. What is true about the series and what Clamp usually does is add plenty of violence. Rumors only tell so much, le sigh. -_-
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

mDuo13

Oh man. They can't cancel the third season when it was such a terrible non-ending to the last season. I mean, I really think the show could be great if they were just, you know, pressed to move toward an ending. And besides... Yuki Kajiura did some great stuff for the show, overall quality notwithstanding.

... and really, it's not like Bee Train is ever very graphic with their violence or anything.

Ska_Kitti

I mean like... the season finale for the second season was pretty good at leaving the audience hanging like that. Just looking at the rumor mills on some of these forums made me want to shake someone lol. There were like some comments that Clamp is going to have a press release this week about TRC. Also, more rumors said that TRC can air, but they needed two or three times the money to air it than the usual amount.

Yeah. I'm just heartbroken enough from the rumors.
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

ININ

New news to me.  I thought the second season was so-so O.K.  First season was much better.  I was looking forward to the third season to fire me up and continue to follow the series.

shortpachoo

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-06-13/tsubasa-manga-no.21-23-to-bundle-anime-dvds-in-japan

Looks like the OVA is happening.  Going to be a 3 episode OVA released with the manga

Quote from article on animenewsnetwork on release dates:
"The manga's volume 21 with Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations 1 "The Magician's Message" will come out November 16, 2007 with a 3-disc case. Volume 22 with the anime installment "The Boy's Right Eye" will follow on January 17, 2008. Volume 23 with the final anime installment, "The Dream Hime-gimi Envisioned," will arrive on March 17, 2008"

Ska_Kitti

Yeah, that's expected. It was either going to be an announcement of a movie, season three or an OAV. Tsubasa already has a movie out. F&*( F!@# F$%^. >_< I want my season three damnit.
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Altomare

Lawl, I know this topic hasn't been posted in for ages but I think I need to revive it and give the real deal of what's going on with the Tsubasa anime.

Yes, season three was canceled because the next arcs were far too bloody and too full of suggestive themes to show on NHK [ Japan's version of PBS ] and so NHK wanted to further edit the story and change the next few arcs. CLAMP, being already pissed about the plot edits and changes to the story CLAMP themselves canceled the third season and now as a big "FUCK YOU" to NHK/Bee Train, CLAMP has teamed up with Production I.G. to make a set of three OVA's that have absolutely nothing to do with the former anime. They will be strictly following the plot of the manga and will include the events that took place in the manga.

CLAMP was not pleased with the way their story was being ripped to shreds by NHK/Bee Train and so they canceled what would have been another highly edited and completely butchered season. Personally, I am overjoyed that CLAMP decided to take the route they did as it was painful for me to watch Tsubasa Chronicle, the second season especially because of the ridiculous and OOC fillers and plot edits.

&&; teh [ a l t o ]

Tsubasa: Tokyo REVELATIONS

current anime: Code Geass
current manga: Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE

Altomare

8'D
Tokyo REVELATIONS comes out on Friday~!
Let us rejoice, Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE will be redeemed!!

&&; teh [ a l t o ]

mDuo13

That's funny, because I really liked the Bee Train feel of the anime. And the soundtrack, which was spectacular. The plot got pretty stupid, though, and I'm sure part of that is CLAMP's fault and a lot of it is NHK's or Bee Train's. They really should have just rewritten it to come to an ending much sooner.

Altomare

I usually love Bee Train's animation, like I absolutely love the art for El Cazador de la Bruja. But with Tsubasa, it made everyone look overly skinny and seriously, at times it made Fai look like shouta bait. Really. But I agree, the music was spectacular, as was the Japanese voice cast was superb. The plot edits however, were entirely NHK's fault. NHK is basically the Japan equivalent to PBS in America. CLAMP had no say in the actual plot because NHK supposedly owned the rights to Syaoran and Sakura since Cardcaptor Sakura and refused to left them be shown on any other broadcasting station, but Tsubasa isn't made for a child demographic so the were 'obligated' to edit. That being said, CLAMP never gave them permission to actually rape their plot the way they did. Thus they canceled it and made the OVA's. The OVA's can't be shown on television because NHK wont give up the rights but I could care less, as long as the OVA's are true to the plot; I'm not complaining.

Not to mention the art for the OVA's is going to be ten times better. <333

&&; teh [ a l t o ]

ININ

yumicchi88

i've heard about tsubasa a while ago and it sucks.
They should have shown the anime with other network, not NHK.
then it would haven't been a problem.   :-[
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

Altomare

If NHK haddn't been such bitches and had sold the rights for Syaoran and Sakura, the former anime wouldn't have been such a failure. I mean TRC could have been made into such an awesome anime... but instead we got that pile of crap. At least we have the manga and the OVA's.
^___^

&&; teh [ a l t o ]

shortpachoo

Has anyone watched the OAVs first episode yet?

It was a good first episode and had most of the stuff that was in the current US version of the manga.  Also the animation done by Production I.G was done well.  Hopefully this does well and they bring it back and have Production I.G work on it.

Though it sucks that it will take 4-5 months to finish this 3 episode OVA, with a release in Jan and then Mar.

Altomare

I saw it, and I was so pleased. After the former anime for TRC, I had some doubts but Production I.G. and CLAMP really made this one work. Beautiful animation, music, and accurate to the plot. I cannot wait for the next episode as it contains one of my very favorite parts in the entire TRC storyline. Two months seems so long~

However, I noticed in the ending credits, the last picture is of Syaoran and Sakura in the Infinity arc clothing!! CLAMP you little sneaks~ I bet they're planning on animating the Infinity arc as well~ That would be simply awesome!

&&; teh [ a l t o ]

yumicchi88

FYI

those of you who want to see the continuous story, there is a DVD of Tokyo episodes.
They are made by Production IG, and not going to be shown on TV.
There are three DVDs and it all comes along when you buy the comics 21, 22 (out 1/17) ,and 23(out 3/17)
some people have uploaded the first episode of it in some video sites.

for more information about it, you can go to the japanese official site: http://www.shonenmagazine.com/tsubasa_tokyo/
or http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=8292

So those of you who is willing to see more of syaoran, sakura, kurogane, Fai and Mokona, THERE YOU ARE!!

This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

Ska_Kitti

I caved in and started reading the manga. It. Is. SO. Good. I can only say one thing for the story so far..

YAR PIRATE FAI!!

Not so much of a spoiler. :]

~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay