dance area

Started by pringles, June 11, 2007, 07:22:43 PM

pringles

i think we should have moved it into the bigger room. i didn't like the whole big line thing going on outside with a 20-30 min wait. Nicer flooring, more people, less wait. Agreed?

-pringles

Kanchii

I'm guessing Fanime will move it into a bigger room. I dont think they were expecting such a large turnout is all. Friday was ok, and apparently everyone told each other how good the dance was on Friday so everyone came saturday, lol. It was very crowded, I agree.

OniCourseMusha

I remember during fanime 2005 they did held a dance in a bigger room.  But the crow covered only 1/4 of the room.  I felt like that room was good then later it got used for gaming room and swap meet instead.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

DJ Reign

Bigger room won't work.  Yea, we tried it in '05, and it was WAY too big, we couldn't even get a crowd goin.  The smaller room works out, although I do wish it was a tad bit bigger, but we made it work for these past 2 years, and I don't think '08 will be any different.

Devi 1313

I think a bigger room for the Ball would be great next year. How are we supposed to do all those fancy steps without crashing into each other?
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

OniCourseMusha

I agree wit both sides, well I do want a little bigger room so I can dance wit my gf or other partners.  But having that bigger room for that time during 2005 had waaaaaaaaaaay too many space and its a shame that it goes empty.  I just hoping there is something in the middle between those rooms "too small" and "too big".
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

pringles

hmm well there are other rooms that have those sliding walls to put 2 rooms together right? so why not have it in one of those rooms? XD just wondering.

dealerJason

As programming director for the last two years, I can tell you that we are starting really use all of our space at the McEnry.  We have to really make some tough decisions each year on where to put things.  With the J not really working out like I wanted it, we will have to rethink where we will put the musicfest, where will we put a big video room, and where will we put our big events.

Dance was late coming together last year so we may see changes this year.  We will have to play with locations.  Stay tuned.
Jason Ebner
Fanime Staffer *retired*
I was blamed for EVERYTHING! :-)
www.asahicon.org
www.blameebner.com

hugmeimnerdy

I don't know much but perhaps it would be better to use two rooms, I guess you can close off half of the game room of 2007 to use as the dance room, then as more people arrive, space could be adjusted as nessecary.

yum.

Loco:Neko

Quote from: hugmeimnerdy on August 18, 2007, 11:58:04 AM
I don't know much but perhaps it would be better to use two rooms, I guess you can close off half of the game room of 2007 to use as the dance room, then as more people arrive, space could be adjusted as nessecary.

i dunno about that.  I was thinking about too one time, but then i was thinking most of the people in the arcade/gaming room are hardcore gamers.  Some may get really upset and ya!  not happy times.  We'll leave it to the con ppl though.  I'm looking forward to Fanime '08.

flipstik

I think the dance worked out good last year.
It was one of my favorite parts of the event [:

I hope it's as good as last year, since it is one of the things im looking forward to most ^_^

ohayo_sunshine

Quote from: flipstik on January 23, 2008, 08:50:22 PM

It was one of my favorite parts of the event [:

I hope it's as good as last year, since it is one of the things im looking forward to most ^_^

I agree for sure!
I think I made more friends during the dance than I have now. I live a semi-depressing life when Fanime isn't here.

flipstik

After attending raves for the past 2 months now, I think that it works out much better in the smaller room.
If you have a huge room everyone will be spread out though the room and it will not feel the same.  When everyone is closer together when dancing and stuff, the vibes are so much stronger and it is so much more fun.  ;D

Dj Stormy Rayner

Quote from: flipstik on April 30, 2008, 08:01:15 PM
After attending raves for the past 2 months now, I think that it works out much better in the smaller room.
If you have a huge room everyone will be spread out though the room and it will not feel the same.  When everyone is closer together when dancing and stuff, the vibes are so much stronger and it is so much more fun.  ;D

Agreed smalls venues often bring together the community of the party goers you see this every time you visit the small warehouse venues in Oakland and SF of course the community of party goers is pretty enclosed which creates a strong vibe between the folks. but  it also becomes very wore down and jaded it doesn't keep the partys fresh like larger events which welcomes more than just the weekly party goers, but all in all some of the best partys have been a two room venue at some wore down two room warehouses =p

Cheers,
Stormy.

Stormy Rayner @ http://www.myspace.com/djstormyrayner

JohnnyAR

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Loco:Neko on October 24, 2007, 11:54:06 PM
Quote from: hugmeimnerdy on August 18, 2007, 11:58:04 AM

i dunno about that.  I was thinking about too one time, but then i was thinking most of the people in the arcade/gaming room are hardcore gamers.  Some may get really upset and ya!  not happy times.  We'll leave it to the con ppl though.  I'm looking forward to Fanime '08.
Hey, us Hardcore gamers only require enough room for are bodies and are equipment.
My room is 15ftX10ft, and I had 5 360s and tvs/monitors up and 6 people in there (BTW, My bed takes up 1/5 of my room).
We make do with what we got.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.