Rock Band, new info; drumkit fails horribly

Started by deepbluevibes, June 15, 2007, 01:33:18 PM

deepbluevibes

Zerocide

well I honestly can't see how they could really expand on the drum kit for the game. Especially given the size of the game from what I've heard. (though I do think there should be a hi ha) It looks like they're putting a ton of effort in the game, But I wonder if enough people will fully take advantage of the game. Given it's probably going to cost more then the average game for just one controller for one portion of the game; let alone all controllers for all games. I'm also wondering what the difficulty of the game will be like.
Check 1

M

Quote from: "Zerocide"well I honestly can't see how they could really expand on the drum kit for the game. Especially given the size of the game from what I've heard. (though I do think there should be a hi ha) It looks like they're putting a ton of effort in the game, But I wonder if enough people will fully take advantage of the game. Given it's probably going to cost more then the average game for just one controller for one portion of the game; let alone all controllers for all games. I'm also wondering what the difficulty of the game will be like.
Agreed. If they're claiming that you could sit down at a real set and play the same song, the difficulty must be as hard or slightly less hard than the actual song.

As for the hi-hat thing, I'm sure that Harmonix and EA aren't dumb enough to ignore that. I'm assuming that the person being interviewed just said something wrong or maybe there's something that we didn't see.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

deepbluevibes

alkaline

deepbluevibes

gmontem

I think I'll pass and wait for the much improved sequel, "High School Band".  I can't wait to play the flute in that one!
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

M

Quote from: deepbluevibes(removed per privacy policy)
Def Jam series != Music Games.

*shrugs* I think it's funny how so many people are on the "no hi-hat?!" bandwagon when there's not a single trace of anyone saying that there wouldn't be a hi-hat on that article. Honestly, you can trash EA all you want but I think that they're smart enough to remember to put the hi-hat on the drum part of the game.

deepbluevibes

alkaline

Rock Band != DrumMania

Stop crying. It's not like you or your kind wanted to like this game in the first place.

deepbluevibes

M

Saying "four pads" isn't a trace of "no hi-hat".

Quote(removed per privacy policy)
I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that one of the "cymbals" could be the hi-hat. I'm sure that you are aware that the hi-hat is a cymbal type right?

Sidenote: You go to Bemanistyle for Rock Band news? LOL!

deepbluevibes

PyronIkari

PSSST: On drums... there is a hi-hat on the left and the right side.

JUST TO MAKE SURE...

:::walks into my roommates room:::

Yeah... Hi-hat on both sides. it's more important that the Snare be on the left side, of right handed players. Realistically though, a real drum set should be symmetrical... as a player should be using both hands to play each drum where appropriate. Same reason why real drummers use a double base, not no pussy ass single bass shit.

Tony

I've never heard of that before... must be a more... virtuoso type setup.

Obviously, the only solution is to place sensors on a real drum kit and base a game off of THAT!
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

deepbluevibes

M

I also said that one of the "cymbals" could be a hi-hat. So I'm pointing out that while he didn't say where the hi-hat is, we could assume that one of the pads used for "toms" or "cymbals" could be the hi-hat (as the hi-hat is a cymbal type).

Oh wait. A new challenger appears! One detail that was left out of the original article... "...although when needed the yellow will almost always double as the high hat..." Note that the kit isn't finalized so if you're able to move the yellow button above the red one, that would make it really close to how an actual "right-handed" drum kit is.

This is where I laugh at everyone that was/is on the "OMG EA IS SO STUPID FOR NOT INCLUDING HIHAT!" bandwagon. ;)

deepbluevibes

M

Wrong again. The hi-hat is a type of cymbal... I guess they don't teach you that on Drummania/Drumscape.
http://www.drumjunction.com/cymbal_types.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-hat
I know teachers that would have thrown you out of class for saying something like that.

[Edit: A 'cymbal' isn't determined by what noise is made when you hit on it. They "consist of thin, normally round plates of various cymbal alloys" and aren't always loud (I've played jazz songs that have required me to play the ride cymbal really softly).]

deepbluevibes