All Things CLAMP - Gathering 2014

Started by hellangel, June 17, 2007, 12:38:47 AM

konataFTW

oh yes yes yes Angelic Layer is CLAAAAAAAAAAAAMP~! If it is possible, Athena is an awesome angel, and it would be totally amazing if you cosplay her =)
Fanime Cosplays 2010:
-Saku of dotHack
-Rin [default] of Vocaloids
-Rin [Magnet] of Vocaloids
-Sakura [jumpsuits] of TRC
-Sakura [uniform] of CCS
-Anise of Tales of Abyss

hellangel

Quote from: BSaphire on June 16, 2009, 09:56:56 AMI'm wondering if Angelic Layer will be on the list for Clamp? Should I even attempt this?

YES.

I have very few people representing Angelic Layer every year, if at all, so YES, you are most welcome to jump at it!! :D
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

hellangel

Upcoming events:

orchestrafro

I may or may not be coming as Syaoran again (either default or Oni-world versions) depending on whther or not I will be staffing the Bushido department.

hellangel

Meh, I'll add ya for now, then :3

I didn't know you knew any Bushido...
Upcoming events:

BSaphire

I wanted to let you know that three people on my staff have watched Angelic Layer now and we are talking about cosplaying different characters. I don't know for sure if we will be able to come to your gathering (depends on the day and who is on staff) but my second and I have choosen our two characters and for the only thing I need to purchase is the wig and I need to possibly dye it. I think I am going to do Shirahime and I can't seem to find a powder blue long wig so I was looking into a long white one that I can dye.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to dye the wig?

Arigato
B

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

hellangel

Copic markers. Or Sharpie.

There are some nice ones on Cyperous, although you'll have to use a shopping service like Celga, since Cyperous has discontinued international orders (so sad ;__; ).

Upcoming events:

BSaphire

Thanks ^^)
Back in 2006 I had a wonderful conversation with a couple of cosplayers up in Seattle @ Sakura Con and they had mentioned the Copic or Sharpie coloring method that they had used (believe me it was astounding how nice their wigs had turned out) but I don't remember the alcohol to water ratio they had told me... *figures sigh.... and I have looked all through my notes and just can't find it! *ARGH!! so I had my fingers crossed that someone out here could give me some solid pointers toward where I can find it before I mess up a $50 + wig... O_o

That sucks that they discontinued IO, but they aren't alone in doing so. I recently found two other companies that I had wanted to purchase stuff through that are no longer doing IO. I wish the global economy would get better *sigh... so much is happening :(

Anyway I'll keep digging and hopefully someone here will point me in the recipe direction :P

Thanx
B

Just a quick update on the wig dye... The person I was talking to in Seattle found me and now I have the recipe again ^^) It was probably the water thing that threw peeps off :)
90% alcohol, 1-6 markers (size and variety matter on the ratio but she prefers copic, and the water was for a spraying technique ... that's what I couldn't remember. *wipes brow... now to get the wig hair together and test before creation.
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

hellangel

Upcoming events:

RyuSan777

sign me for hideki from chobits plz
Fanime Cosplays
Day 1: Ootori Kyoya- Ouran HS Host Club,
Tsuchimi Rin-Shuffle!,Kiryu Zero-Vampire Knights
Day 2:Hitsugaya Toushiro *Bankai Form*- Bleach
Death the kid-Soul Eater, Zero-Code Geass
Day 3:Philipenes-Hetalia
Day 4:Kyon- The Meloncholy

hellangel

Upcoming events:

xell

ah, Clamp Gathering! why didn't I find this ealier.
ok, so I got this group thing going on. 
does anime only character count?   I'll be cosplaying meilin, it's not exactly clamp, but she's from CCS anime.

xell

and I do have a sakura, yue, ruby, shaorana and tomoyo, butI'm not sure if they are able to I'll need to check with them.

hellangel

alrighty, i'll just add you for now, then :3
Upcoming events:

hellangel

Upcoming events:

ININ

*bump*

Who's watching Kobato.?

Mirai Noah

^ I am! In fact, I'm working on a Kobato cosplay! If I can, I'll try to make it to the gathering! :)

StrawberryNeko

I am going to do my best to be Tsubasa's Tomoyo Hime with my friend as Kurogane X3

If I end up being a lazy bum, I'll go as Hikaru from Angelic Layer again :P.

hellangel

'kay, just let me know, when you guys decide :3

List updated!
Upcoming events:

hellangel

I've officially submitted to BSaphire the following information regarding the gathering:

Gathering: CLAMP
Links:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,7816.360.html
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=180645
Day & Time: Sunday @ 1 PM (Tsubasa) // Sunday @ 1:30 PM (All)
Meeting Place & Location: Front of Convention Fountains

Nothing's really changed from what we last discussed. If you have any concerns/conflicts with the time/day/location, please say so! There's enough time to make changes as necessry :)
Upcoming events: