All Things CLAMP - Gathering 2014

Started by hellangel, June 17, 2007, 12:38:47 AM

hellangel

Quote from: yumicchi88 on November 15, 2007, 10:31:09 AMon the other hand, lobby would be good if people don't wanna stay under the sun for long.

the poor celes cosplayers XD

eh. we can decide once we're there? I kind of the feel the fountains are more...magical (dumb word?)...
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

Altomare

I like the fountains idea; water just seems a bit more CLAMP. Plus as someone else pointed out, we'll get noticed!!
xDD

Oh, and just a question, is there like a mall somewhere near the convention center? 'Cause we could have a CLAMP march through the mall just for kicks! People would be like "O__o; Wows..." >D

And on another somewhat unrelated subject, Tsubasa: Tokyo REVELATIONS came out today!! 8'D

&&; teh [ a l t o ]

Tsubasa: Tokyo REVELATIONS

current anime: Code Geass
current manga: Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE

hellangel

uhhh the westfield mall is 'nearby'...if you have a car >__>;;
Upcoming events:

ININ

I suggest we meet at the fountains Sunday at 10am like Fanime'07.  I can participate in the CLAMP lunch.  Another lunch suggestion is we walk to the McDonalds area where there are a few restaurants.  Grab food.  And then walk back to the convention center and hang out.  I did that with the Full Metal Alchemist at Fanime'06.  It was fun.  I met lots of new people.

Correction:  Bleach gathering is Saturday at noon.  Not Sunday at noon =)

yumicchi88

Quote from: Altomare on November 16, 2007, 05:09:04 PM

Oh, and just a question, is there like a mall somewhere near the convention center? 'Cause we could have a CLAMP march through the mall just for kicks! People would be like "O__o; Wows..." >D

if you ride the lightrail that runs in front of the convention center to Ohlone Chynoweth Station and change to the train going to Almaden, and stop at Oakridge station, it's right there in front of you.

it may be fun to see people looking at us saying "what's going on here?!" lol
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

ilovepocky~

There are very slim chances I'll be able to make it, but just in case, I'll be cosplaying as Tomoyo (from Card Captor; Tsubasa seems too complicated xD;; ).

-- If not, I'll be the random Tomoyo cosplayer taking videos around the con (in character! xD;; ).

Punkbuster

Oooooo, I've never been on a lightrail. There's one being built in Phoenix, but it's not going to be open for a whiiiiiiiiile.

We could do the pics outside for the most part. Then move inside. I can't decide if I want to do all black, or all white. HHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. How about a brunch? I don't know if there's any supermarkets near by so we can buy foodstuff to munch on. I'm weird and plan on bringing 'healthy' stuff, lol.

Fountains=Clamp x a million.

ININ

There is Zanotto which is a small market and a Walgreens about 10-15 minute walk from the convention center.

Walgreens 5 South 1st Street

Zanotto 38 South 2nd Street

Leviathan

Hmm, for the picnic. Well, starting at the fountains would be wonderful. As long as we could move to the shade. You know it will be quite warm, and many of us will be in long sleeves, and cloaks, etc. Like, how about we picnic under the trees near the fountains? There's enough shade there and room to sit. That would be nice.  :D

hellangel

i agree. let's do that~ going someplace might be too much of a hassle, as fun as it would be
Upcoming events:

BunofGovt

Quote from: BunofGovt on November 09, 2007, 10:02:19 PM
If I come as Akira I shall have to bring cake ....

Quote from: hellangel on November 11, 2007, 09:56:16 AM
CLAMP PICNIC PLZ?  :o

I can bring a few blankets to sit on (tries to remember what the area looks like).  I promised cake but it may be more like cake-breads (banana walnut, zucchini, pound cake, etc.), I shall practice throughout the holidays ... :D

Yes, the Walgreens is walking distance and we could get napkins, utensils, plates, etc. if we need them (although I'll volunteer now to bring all of that with me - as Akira that would be expected of me  ;))
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

ININ

Here's another suggestion to think about.  How about we do a Tusbasa Chronicle lunch theme?  We take an adventure from the Convention Center to San Jose Japantown.  We ride the Mokona Express aka Light Rail to the north part of Downtown San Jose.  There is a ramen shop my friends like to eat.  The shop is Kumako Ramen.  Prices are reasonable.  And there are more Japanese restaurants.

Click for map to and from convention and Kumako Ramen

Punkbuster

Omg, I haven't had zucchini bread in 4evR! XD

I'm way way way excited for this. Like. Way.

hellangel

hnnnn ramen sounds yummy, but it'll probably be too much of a hassle to go out of con and all. (plus...coffin...)

I agree~ zucchini bread ftw :D *drool*
Upcoming events:

Lakari

Lol, I might be jumping into this gathering as well. I'm getting a better Syaoran wig this time and I will probably be coming as cover of manga volume 4 Syaoran =3. I was there at the Fanime 06 CLAMP gathering ^^. Hope to see you guys there!
I love candy, I love sugar, I love to be a chuchu forever~ XD

ININ

hellangel, it's a way to take a break outside the con for about an hour  :)  Another idea:  those who are cosplaying CLAMP all day we can make it a CLAMP dinner gathering.

Lakari, are you in the pic here

hellangel

*gasp* take a break from con, what????

mmm dinner.

well, let's have a picnic at con, and then maybe talk about dinner then, huu? ^__^
Upcoming events:

Lakari

Yea that's me  ;D, I'll be getting a more accurate Syaoran wig in about a month and I'll be attending Sac-Anime with Ryu and Ameliaseyroon in January with the whole gig hopefully.

Quote from: ININ on December 14, 2007, 10:40:13 PM
hellangel, it's a way to take a break outside the con for about an hour  :)  Another idea:  those who are cosplaying CLAMP all day we can make it a CLAMP dinner gathering.

Lakari, are you in the pic here
I love candy, I love sugar, I love to be a chuchu forever~ XD

Niaro

Aaaai. Faaaaaaaaai. >o< Hyuu hyuu.

Two Fais? Let's make it even. O: I'll be Chii from Tsubasa! ^-^ Doing all of these things to get her costume now~

hellangel

Quote from: Niaro on December 17, 2007, 04:39:59 AM
Two Fais? Let's make it even. O: I'll be Chii from Tsubasa! ^-^ Doing all of these things to get her costume now~

Yay, welcome!

(actually I think there's going to be THREE Fai Ds...and one Fai...er...)
Upcoming events: