Searching for new manga

Started by hugmeimnerdy, June 25, 2007, 01:11:07 AM

hugmeimnerdy

I need suggestions for which anime/manga to start next.
I prefer manga because anime download s are KILLER on my internet connection.
one's I've read so far
mai hime
mai otome
hikaru no go
love hina
death note
shaman king
naruto
one piece
I's
beyblade
bleach
gamerz heaven
mars
peach girl
real bout high school
yugioh (normal duelist and milliem world)
bobobobobobobo
yuyu hakosho
chobits
gankugen heaven
gundam seed
ichigo 100%
Full metal panic
Full metal alchemist
ranma1/2
dragonball
inuyasha
negima
Prince of tennis
eyeshield 21
loveless
Shaolin dragons or something like that
I know I should get into claymore, but anything else is appreciated would help.
Links are love.
Thanks for the help.

yum.

Makou

At the beginning of Skip Beat, I bashed it a lot, but after I learned that the main character takes a road of comical revenge, I started liking her a lot more. Her motivation to exact vengeance is abnormal... and her acts to succeed in acting industry are all the more, but she soon finds a passion, namely, the love me club >_>;;.

A rather new manga that I don't expect you to know that well (or anyone for that matter), Mx0 is something else. I highly recommend that you start on the scanlations (it's still being published in Japan).
http://www.mangadownload.net/index.php

Hmm... That's it for now, really.

LordKefka

You should check out Gunslinger Girl. scans are out for vols 4-8 which haven't come to the states (yet) while vols 1-3 are by ADV.

Also, if you liked Masakazu Katsura's I''s, then check out Video Girl Ai.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

~~Loktera~~

Genshiken.

It's funny because it's just like all of us... But it's also sad... Because it... is just like... all of us... hmm...

Princess Princess

Ah.. Crossdressing and shounen-ai... They almost go hand in hand.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"Genshiken.
[/b]
epic progressive

vox

LastElixir

Hunter x Hunter

one of my top mangas... ever

j

Nightroad

Black Cat, Trinity Blood and Tsubasa are AWSOME series you should try!!!!!!!
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

Sunara Ishi

Hunter x Hunter, Black Cat, D Grayman, Nana. Those are big goodies. I recommend browsing manga translation sites to find random manga that you think might be good. Even if very few are translated, its a good read and may point you to series that you may love and series that might become popular. Try browsing mangaupdates.com and manganews.net for series. Just browse through the websites of scanlation groups.

I recently found one called Carat! It looks interesting.
http://miirache.wordpress.com/
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

BunofGovt

I also recommend D.Gray-man, Princess Princess and Skip-Beat. 

Also Mushishi, Ghost Hunt, Cromartie High School, Flower of Life, Petshop of Horrors, Genju no Seiza, Marmalade Boy, Wallflower, Beauty Pop, Her Majesty's Dog, Vampire Doll, Case Closed, Kindaichi ...

Ah heck, just go browse Kinokuniya, Border's or Barnes & Noble and randomly pick up a manga.  That's usually how I decide on mine.  Although I'm in the yaoi section a lot also!  ;D
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

lyricaldanichan

Manga you should read:

Mushi-shi
Nana
Berserk
Death Note
Parasyte
MPD Psycho
Golgo 13
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
Dr. Slump
Sugar Sugar Rune
Xxxholic
Honey and Clover
Cromartie High School
Hayate the Combat Butler
Air Gear

edendreams

i read a lot on manga and i seriously highly suggest you get your hands on skip beat.

most of this you can read online @ www.onemanga.com you just click though the links and it's totally free and no downloading at all.

a little art by me ^-^

Nanashi

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Thread Over.   
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

PyronIkari

Quote from: Nanashi on January 15, 2008, 04:41:21 AM

Which JoJo?

Most people don't even know of anything JoJo except the third season, and while you CAN just read the third season, you won't get a real understanding of the series and history/characters. JoJo is also a turn off to many people due to art. The art in JoJo is very... by taste(like Initial D).

Hayate no Gotoku is a good comic if you have a good background of different series, and what not, but if you don't have a wide history it's not worth it. Same with PaniPoni...

School Rumble is a great comic, and you don't need a big history to follow it since it's not parody and the jokes aren't TOO cultural based. It's one of my most favorite series, even though it's still going and a lot of people think it's drawn out, they do well to put you into the world, and you learn pretty much of the entire world, not just a few main characters, a handful of sides, and everyone else are just ghost... but you learn who EVERYONE is, and about their characters.

Yotsuba& is a great series and the humor is easy to follow, done by the guy that did Azumanga Daioh, pick that up if you haven't. Both are 4panel comics so each segment is pretty short.

H2 is a GREAT sports series... probably one of the best sports series ever written with really well done story/characters.

Maison Ikkoku and Kimugure Orange Road, 2 of the best comics of all time in terms of romance/story

Hajime no Ippo is the best boxing series... ever, and one of the best sports series ever. It's long though... really long...

Trick! It's a psychological comic, sorta like Death Note. Good luck finding English version as, I don't think there is one on the net, but it's a great series that I've been loving.

Air Gear, much like all of Oh Great!'s stuff starts out really well, then turns to utter crap. It's a good read if you quit as soon as the Kyoto arc is done. Anything after that just becomes retarded as it forgets absolutely everything about what made the comic good and turns into random shit and monsters, and powers, and tits.

Great Teacher Onizuka/GTO suprised you haven't read this already. An extremely fun comic that most people get their (retarded) inspiration/aspiration from to become an English teacher in Japan. A horrific ending, but an incredible series regardless.

Mirai Nikki a comic that I can't figure out if I really enjoy or not. It's got a great idea, but it seems to be deviating from what makes the comic really good and starting to push more on making crap happen. It's straying a little too far from the original premise of the story.

Eh, that's more than enough to hold someone down for a while.

Nanashi

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 15, 2008, 05:08:51 AM
Quote from: Nanashi on January 15, 2008, 04:41:21 AM

Which JoJo?

Most people don't even know of anything JoJo except the third season, and while you CAN just read the third season, you won't get a real understanding of the series and history/characters. JoJo is also a turn off to many people due to art. The art in JoJo is very... by taste(like Initial D).

Well, Stardust Crusaders (season/part 3) is the most readily accessible, but it seems like the OP downloads their manga rather than buying it, so i'd guess that finding translated versions of the entire series shouldn't be too hard for them. In which case, i'm recommending the series as a whole.

And as far as the art goes, I can't really argue. I mean, I don't mind it, but i'll admit it's not the prettiest style you'll see.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

mDuo13

My favorite manga of all time is Oh My Goddess! (also known as Ah! My Goddess) - which, coincidentally, has gotten a pretty reputable translation from Dark Horse for quite a while now. And nowadays you don't have to shell out $15-20 for a tankobon like I remember doing...

I also second Hunter X Hunter (p.s. the X is silent!) - it's pretty freakin' entertaining.

There are more, but I'm gonna stick with just a couple really solid recommendations for now.

PyronIkari

Quote from: mDuo13 on January 16, 2008, 12:48:13 PM
My favorite manga of all time is Oh My Goddess! (also known as Ah! My Goddess) - which, coincidentally, has gotten a pretty reputable translation from Dark Horse for quite a while now. And nowadays you don't have to shell out $15-20 for a tankobon like I remember doing...

I also second Hunter X Hunter (p.s. the X is silent!) - it's pretty freakin' entertaining.

There are more, but I'm gonna stick with just a couple really solid recommendations for now.

Now if only the author(s) cared enough about the damned comic to WRITE AND DRAW IT. It took what, 18 months for the last one to be done?

Chloe

You should read Claymore if you love a nice action type manga!  Supposedly, the manga is better than the anime too.  I know I'm hooked on it... There are about... 76 chapters at onemanga.com

There's practically all women in there... If anyone is interested, lol. :3
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

PyronIkari

Quote from: Chloe on January 17, 2008, 01:48:29 AM
You should read Claymore if you love a nice action type manga!  Supposedly, the manga is better than the anime too.  I know I'm hooked on it... There are about... 76 chapters at onemanga.com

There's practically all women in there... If anyone is interested, lol. :3

He/she said he was already going to read this in the first post.