Guilty Gear Accent Core!!!

Started by Darryl Mendoza, July 05, 2007, 05:20:36 PM

Darryl Mendoza

Has anyone here played the new GG AC? I played it and it was hella sick!!!!  The new Force breaks and some of the hidden moves give all the characters a new edge compared to slash! Some characters from the previous Slash installment have been modified and more balanced. Holy Order Sol's moves have been improved so much that you can now consider him a 'broken' character. They toned down his 'Destroyer' combo so its easier to do with well-timed button presses. Discuss.

Here are some combos for the game with each character.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TUZb45qYEjY
Extra Fresh League
MvC2: Team Matrix, Team Santhrax
Guilty Gear Accent Core- Slayer, Bridget
Street Figther 3rd Strike- Makoto, Dudley, Akuma

Emerge

omg...i can't believe i didn't make this thread myself! and to think, i was just on the dustloop forums...

i played this game at fanime too! and man, oh man...lol...i dont know what to say. i CRIED. literally. tears went down my cheeks for numerous reasons.

1. new character select screen. i prefer the old one, but this one's pretty sweet/classic. new character art to boot!

2. Kuradoberi Jam. omg...she is queen once again. I CAN PUT 4 RYUUJIN IN A FREAKIN' ROW! now THAT, by any and all means is made of WIN. (if you can't tell, i use jam. i think i was one of the only ones using her. anyone remember me?)

3. wallstick and sliding. whoaaaaaa...how the hell did arc come up with that? bloody brilliant.

4. (and this one is just me) a nerfed ky = a well deserved LOL.

only one drawback: the announcer glitch. well, it's not really a glitch. it just sounds REALLY, REALLY HORRIBLE.  :lol:

Tsubasa

I play it from time to time since it's been released for JP PS2.

I'm a May player.  Have been since GGX.  Dolphin loops = <3.  I lack consistency right now, but I can do two reps from time to time.  Not bad for someone who hasn't spent much time practicing them.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Blue Impulse

May as high tier, I finally have a reason to play Guilty Gear again.
0001 Registered User at Fanime 06'

Darryl Mendoza

May is pretty great in the hands of people who do know how to use her. I just plain out suck with May. And as you can probably tell with my sig, you'll know who my characters are already. I knida like how the selection screen looks now and I like how it looks like the girls on the May ship 'grew' up. They looks pretty smexy now. lawlz.

And yea, the new announcer is G-A-Y!!!!!!!
Extra Fresh League

Spiritsnare

They nerfed Anji.

I've started work on Ky and Order Sol.
epic progressive

vox

Tsubasa

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"They nerfed Anji.

I personally think it's a shame to give up on a character just cause they've been adjusted.  As far as I'm concerned, Anji's just back to where he always belonged: low.  So he needs to consume meter like crazy now.  He can still be played well.
-Tsubasa

Emerge

from what i read, ky got kicked down a few notches, too. i think he lost a lot of his priority, iirc

magz

Quote from: "Tsubasa"
Quote from: "Spiritsnare"They nerfed Anji.

I personally think it's a shame to give up on a character just cause they've been adjusted.  As far as I'm concerned, Anji's just back to where he always belonged: low.  So he needs to consume meter like crazy now.  He can still be played well.
Going from A to bottom is a rather big change. And by bottom, I mean that the last ranking list I saw he was the very bottom.

Ky was like D tier IIRC as well.

Tsubasa

Well, I suppose I've just never been one to play by tiers.  I usually stick to my characters from one iteration of a game to the next.
-Tsubasa

Spiritsnare

Huh, never knew Ky was low-tier. If I could beat Chun's crazy A.B.A, I know I've done something right.

I guess I'll experiment with the rest of the cast (looking at'cha, Bridget and Johnny), and see who else I can pick up.
epic progressive

vox

Chun

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Huh, never knew Ky was low-tier. If I could beat Chun's crazy A.B.A, I know I've done something right.

<3 Key of Doom.

This is my priority/skill list from best known down (For Slash).

1. Millia Rage
2. Dizzy
3. Kuradoberi Jam / A.B.A (New Face)

A.B.A also plays a bit different than Isuka's iteration. I've been playing Millia since the beginning, but Dizzy was the first one I tried. Jam is just fun fun Chinagirl combo-styling.

I need to learn about these "25% tension" moves if I want to improve. I was really only playing 50%.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Emerge

i was pretty much a Jam kinda guy since i first started playing. it was a toss-up between her and millia, and i didn't really care much for the way millia fought (kung fu wins again! :D ), so Jam it was!

i then tried taking on Dizzy as a secondary. i ended up focusing on her less and less as time went on. i'm half-way decent with her, but i'm nowhere near as consistent with her pressure strings as i should be if i really intend on using her.

then Bridget came into my life. i'm still trying to get a grasp on him, but i know that i'm doing a helluva lot better with him than i ever did with DI. i wonder why...

and, just to piss one of my friends off, i dabble in playing Potemkin. he can be fun/ny to play as.

i haven't played slash much at all, so im still in the phase of learning to read A.B.A. and OS. i'll be able to do that once /\C gets a domestic release later this month :twisted:

Barnes

I also believe that Accent Core will be played at EVO World this year, instead of Slash.
But Slash will still be at EVO West. I read about that somewhere on the SRK forums.
Interesting I think.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

magz

From what I hear, the qualifiers/prelims will be in Slash but the finals or whatever will be in Accent Core which, tbh isn't that big a deal unless you're maining Anji or someone in Slash and haven't had much practice on AC >_>

Spiritsnare

OK, so Tsubasa showed me some crazyass Potemkin videos and I'm thinking about making him my tertiary.
epic progressive

vox

Emerge

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"OK, so Tsubasa showed me some crazyass Potemkin videos and I'm thinking about making him my tertiary.

yeah, PO is pretty jacked up. i try to use him every once in a while, but i dont really know how to focus on him.

a lot of my strategy w/him is turtle till they run in, punish w/PB, and do a lot of j.D

Darryl Mendoza

Hehehe, I recent;y picked up Slayer, I used to be a Millia and Jam player, but they are way too different for me to use. I am more of a Bridget player, but my Slayer is already going past my Bridget, And I am now starting to us Dizzy, I'm actually really good even though I'm not using her the way shes supposed to be used.
Extra Fresh League

Emerge

eew...slayer's too much, especially with that new uppercut thingamabob he has.

btw, i finally picked up the domestic PS2 release. maniac CPU = wtf.

Jerry

sounds like another reason to have a mini J-Con

does anyone have a domest Ps2 version?

I'm willing to open up my home (with a nice big screen) and plent of room.

I'm rather lame when it comes to the GG series, but might as well start from somewhere and watch you REAL players so I could hope to learn a thing or two.  :-X
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D