Guilty Gear Accent Core!!!

Started by Darryl Mendoza, July 05, 2007, 05:20:36 PM

Emerge

Quote from: Nanashi on November 16, 2007, 11:25:40 AM
And as for you, Emerge, I formally challenge thee. I've been meaning to play you for awhile now.

i humbly accept.

however, my biggest problem is transportation. i dont drive and i live in SF. any ideas of how we might pull this off?

Nanashi

Excellent question...Are there any arcades in SF that have AC? if so, then i'll just come to you for the duel.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Emerge

the only one i've heard of (i have not confirmed this for myself, although i should) is at SFSU. i'm not sure if Riptide has it, but if they do it might not be in repair. my friends tell me some pretty bad things about arcade maintenance there

luckyends

oh hello sry im a little late to the thread ive been playing for a little bit i play as either slayer or anji ive ben playing scince isuka and i like accent core mucho beter i think ive seen one in riptide but im not sure i walked by it after jtaf and i was mainlythinking about clam chowder im not very good cause i havent been practicing recently -_- so any way hows it going
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

Darryl Mendoza

Wow, its been forever since I've been here but yup yup. I changed up my roster to be Slayer, Bridget, and Zappa. I'm gonna start modding my Tekken stick by hori with maybe..... Happ parts.

I would play anyone in SJ, if I still lived there.  :(
Extra Fresh League
MvC2: Team Matrix, Team Santhrax
Guilty Gear Accent Core- Slayer, Bridget
Street Figther 3rd Strike- Makoto, Dudley, Akuma

Nanashi

Quote from: Darryl Mendoza on November 27, 2007, 12:45:31 PM
Wow, its been forever since I've been here but yup yup. I changed up my roster to be Slayer, Bridget, and Zappa. I'm gonna start modding my Tekken stick by hori with maybe..... Happ parts.

I would play anyone in SJ, if I still lived there.  :(

Where do you live now?

Darryl Mendoza

Well.... I moved out of state and now live in Colorado. Theres a couple of good people over here. You can check out our match vids on youtube. Search for the name kinglowtier and look at his profile. I'm not on any of those match vids but you can check out my local competition. I'm pretty much not as good as most of these guys but I'm still practicing.
Extra Fresh League

Nanashi

Dammit  :-[ I only have three, maybe four people to play against regularly...I'm in desperate need of competition.

luckyends

haha if you were to play me you could win fairly quickly but im learning ^_^
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%

Darryl Mendoza

Lol. Don't worry luckyends, you'll probably pick up this game quickly and be able to be beasting on everyone pretty soon. I picked it up and started smashing with Bridget and you don't wanna know how quickly I learned that Slayer. I was getting perfects in no time!!!!! I smash on this one guy whos played for years and no, HE is the scrub lol.
Extra Fresh League

Nanashi

Is there anyone in the Sunnyvale/Santa Clara/San Jose area?

luckyends

Quote from: Darryl Mendoza on December 03, 2007, 07:44:41 PM
Lol. Don't worry luckyends, you'll probably pick up this game quickly and be able to be beasting on everyone pretty soon. I picked it up and started smashing with Bridget and you don't wanna know how quickly I learned that Slayer. I was getting perfects in no time!!!!! I smash on this one guy whos played for years and no, HE is the scrub lol.
yeah ive been training for a bit and i have trouble even beeting normal mode i think im trying to hard to do combos =P
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%

Darryl Mendoza

Don't worry again luckyends..... within a week or two of awesome practice..... you will beast on Expert mode in a flash..... plus..... the comp really sucks anyway. I caught on to the comp's styles really quickly but Pot is the only one who gives me trouble. lol. I think the only realy competition out there are the other players you'll find somewhere.
Extra Fresh League

otakuapprentice

i was able to find a copy of GG:/\C(brand new, too!) while down in the anaheim area over the weekend; havent gotten time to play it, but i'll give it a run when i get the chance.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

asuka245

Quote from: Emerge on November 22, 2007, 09:58:22 PM
the only one i've heard of (i have not confirmed this for myself, although i should) is at SFSU. i'm not sure if Riptide has it, but if they do it might not be in repair. my friends tell me some pretty bad things about arcade maintenance there
Riptide sucks  these day.. i do not think they will get GGAC for not anytime soon...which is very sad... better luck going to SF state or the golflands in the east bay.
Been attending fanime since 99!
Been a fanime Staff since 2000-2007
Video programming--2000-2005
E-gaming--2006-2007
Fanime Con E-Gaming Head for 08,09

luckyends

i find it funny im cosplaying anji mito yet im starting to play as slayer more =P awell well see and i found a person to chalenge we play every weekend and hes geting beter he playes as zapa so look for us at fanime ^_^
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%

Emerge

we should have a tourney at fanime like we did last year!

with /\C, of course. i've finally got the concept jam's 6H, H loop, and i need to see if i can pull it off against people! ;D

Darryl Mendoza

Lol emerge, you finally got that down? My friend after a little bit of reading and practice, he got it down on me a few times but always messed it up out of pressure. But he is more of a Testy player, and I'm the Slayer plaayer, while our other friend is an Eddie player. We are able to make combo vids but I end up messing up mine because I always forget how to do them under pressure, and I seem to do the same combo every time.

I got to work on my style, so I can be beasting on others soon lol.

Luckyends: good luck and I hope you and your friend get better. Slayer is pretty weird at first but once you get used to him, you'll be beasting on people non-stop. And your friend using Zappa? I hope he can get his frc's down for his moves. Goodluck to the both of you guys.
Extra Fresh League

Emerge

yeah, it took me a while to get out of a #Reload state of mind where 6H is COMPLETELY unsafe on block, so i almost never used it until i picked /\C up.

i haven't had much experience in playing other people in it yet considering the only other guy i know who plays GG personally lives in Hercules and we don't really see each other that often. oh, well...eventually! ^_^;

Darryl Mendoza

lol Emerge, it seems like not many people in your immediate area play any gg. It can get crazy playing other people though, you'll never know what happens between other players. Jam is a really interesting character, so you'll find yourself doing things you never did in #R or /. As long as you get the basics down, which you should have, you can be destroying people soon once you get used to fighting other players.

I played gg agaisnt other players for the first time in awhile last night...... Great stuff. I won like...... 50% of the time but lost to my new friend Alex 100% of the time I played him. His Baiken is beastly, good enough to take out 3rd in state's Baiken. Looks like I'll be practicing non-stop from now on and also try to get some Marvel time in lol.
Extra Fresh League