Guilty Gear Accent Core!!!

Started by Darryl Mendoza, July 05, 2007, 05:20:36 PM

Emerge

yeah, i haven't really played many people outside of my buddy and the 4-5 people i played at fanime '07.

i think i have the b&b of jam down pat. most of my game revolves around IAD pressure strings with the occasional 236S > * mixed in for good measure. i've yet to truly measure my /\C skills, which i know for a fact are of a different plane than my #R skills (i didn't really touch / at all. i probably played it like 4-5 times, tops). one major thing is that charge cards cant be used "on their own" anymore and instead took over the ability to link her 3 kicks. that really threw me off guard.

also, puffball FB is win.

Nanashi

Blah. We seriously need to get together somewhere and have a throwdown GG style. I don't care where it's at (so long as it's somewhere near Santa Clara/Sunnyvale/San Jose, and maybe SF if i'm in the mood), be it arcade or home. Any one willing to let strangers into their home to play GG?  ;D
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Mizuki

pm magz, SJSU seems to have dropped playing Melty Blood for GGAC for whatever reason.

Darryl Mendoza

If I still lived there, you guys would hella be over playing gg with me. I guess we would be able to get serious if I moved back over there. I would hold ranbats like.... every 2 weeks.
Extra Fresh League
MvC2: Team Matrix, Team Santhrax
Guilty Gear Accent Core- Slayer, Bridget
Street Figther 3rd Strike- Makoto, Dudley, Akuma

Barnes

I forgot to mention that I bought a copy after GiftDay (for PS2).
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Emerge

waaaaaahhh! SJSU stole my /\C cabinet!

...from SFSU.

T_T

Nanashi

Mwaha! The SC/SV/SJ area seems to be where the scene is at these days...poor emerge.

zenko

Anyone live in the San Bernadino County Area? (South California)  I've been playing GG for about a year and a half but only using the controller. lol  The arcade stick has always been difficult for me but my friend let me borrow his for a while so.. i'm starting to practice again.  I used to be decent with Ky but i'm looking at Bridget and Slayer atm.  Just wondering if anyone is in my area... perhaps we could have a few duels. =p
En mi vida, El oscuro me mantiene, Cuando yo te vi, En la lluvia me, Prometiste tu sangre. - Asilos Magadelena, Mars Volta

Darryl Mendoza

I guess Slayer and Bridget are being used pretty widely now lol. I remember being one of the only Bridget players and picking Slayer lol. Bridget is hard to use but is so sick, Slayer is just..... pimp. I basically swear by the arcade stick by the way and can't use the controller because I suck with it lol.
Extra Fresh League

Emerge

Quote from: Darryl Mendoza on January 23, 2008, 06:41:40 PM
I guess Slayer and Bridget are being used pretty widely now lol. I remember being one of the only Bridget players and picking Slayer lol. Bridget is hard to use but is so sick, Slayer is just..... pimp. I basically swear by the arcade stick by the way and can't use the controller because I suck with it lol.

wow...talk about opposite end of the spectrum. :D

i'm a total d-pad head. i cant even 236236 on a stick; a good 60% of the time a 623 is all that comes out. i use buri as a secondary. nowhere near as good as my jam. most of the time i just try to 2D > 6H > 236H pressure w/an IAD 2S (probably not my best option) here and there. to be honest, most of my game w/bridget is building tension for (yo-yo)632146H.

slayer, on the other hand...i barely touch that fool. i can't. especially now w/that FB uppercut thing? ugh...

Nanashi

I'm equally skilled with both stick and pad. 8)

Darryl Mendoza

The funny thing is.... I started on pad. When I first picked up a stick, I thought it was too hard to use. But as I got more time to actually practice with one, I got so use to it, that going back to controller was beginning to get harder and harder. So I stuck with the stick. FRCs are now a thing of the past to me, I just hate how you have to have perfect timing with that.

And Slayer's BBU may be cheap, but it'll lose to a real upper lol.
Extra Fresh League

Darryl Mendoza

I can't believe this topic just died here. But no worries, I'm back. Anyone want to discuss more about this game? Or should i just go back to dustloop?
Extra Fresh League

otakuapprentice

i use a pad, still trying to get accustomed to playing on stick....and i haven't played GGAC in AGES.

also, i don't know any of the technical speak, so all of the shit that Emerge put up three posts ago i don't fucking understand at all.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Darryl Mendoza

Quote from: otakuapprentice on September 07, 2008, 10:35:28 PM
i use a pad, still trying to get accustomed to playing on stick....and i haven't played GGAC in AGES.

also, i don't know any of the technical speak, so all of the shit that Emerge put up three posts ago i don't fucking understand at all.
The numbers are the directions on the pad/stick:
           b.jump l jump l f.jump
               7        8         9
Back         4  Neutral(5)   6    direction character is facing
               1        2         3
Defensive Crouch l crouch l offenseive crouch

IAD is Instant Air Dash, you jump in a certyain direction, and then hit that direction again to dash instantly.
FB is a Force Break
P is punch
K is kick
S is slash
HS is High/Hard slash
D is dust

A stick set-up is:
789        K S HS
456        P    D
Extra Fresh League

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Darryl Mendoza on September 09, 2008, 04:17:32 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on September 07, 2008, 10:35:28 PM

The numbers are the directions on the pad/stick:
           b.jump l jump l f.jump
               7        8         9
Back         4  Neutral(5)   6    direction character is facing
               1        2         3
Defensive Crouch l crouch l offenseive crouch

IAD is Instant Air Dash, you jump in a certyain direction, and then hit that direction again to dash instantly.
FB is a Force Break
P is punch
K is kick
S is slash
HS is High/Hard slash
D is dust

A stick set-up is:
789        K S HS
456        P    D
that helps, thanks.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Darryl Mendoza

No problem man. I never understood all that either till I looked around a bit. I thought that it would be more like the mainstream stuff and go qcf+p for the 'fireball' moves but its like 236+P.
Extra Fresh League