Doujin Work:Raw6-Sub5 "I'm home"

Started by Lisu, July 09, 2007, 10:46:07 PM

Lisu

New summer series: I'll save the spoil-rific captions and just say that right off this seems like a fun series.
By ep.1 the 4 characters introduced are rather enjoyable(I'm not hating on the main), and the dude is awesome.

Not sure how new of material this is to most of you, but it seems like a series that'd be enjoyed by the regular crowd.

Subtly perverted.

Watch.

Oh, and the outro is to die for IMO.

Tsubasa

This is a series I've been eyeing for a few weeks.  Just watched the first episode.

I agree that the characters are all pretty cool so far.  Tsuyuri is the early leader in my rankings.  Considering the competition, I don't think she's going anywhere. ^^;

Definitely a fun watch and I'm gonna keep up on it.  They're just 14-15 min. episodes anyway.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

PyronIkari

Quote from: "Lisu"New summer series: I'll save the spoil-rific captions and just say that right off this seems like a fun series.
By ep.1 the 4 characters introduced are rather enjoyable(I'm not hating on the main), and the dude is awesome.

Not sure how new of material this is to most of you, but it seems like a series that'd be enjoyed by the regular crowd.

Subtly perverted.

Watch.

Oh, and the outro is to die for IMO.

Ugh, I hated episode one with a passion. I read the comic, and the anime is a horribly bastardized version of it. Basically the only thing about it I found enjoyable was Tsuyuri's voice. I'm going to watch the next few eps and hope it gets better, but I don't have high hopes.

Though Zetsubou Sensei... now THAT is a good comic -> cartoon transition, and has the best ED of this entire year.

magz

Good series.

Not a fan of the styling on the sub though. Also no karaoke (I'd settle for translation).

Lisu

Quote from: "PyronIkari"I read the comic, and the anime is a horribly bastardized version of it.
A phrase not uncommon.
I find if more often than not that the anime version of comics usually don't live up to what their paper predecessor did.  
But after an anime is released, there is a feeling of being 'too late' on the read, and 'might as well watch it'.  Every now and then we do pick up the original work, but if feels more like a bonus rather than the source....

Quote from: "PyronIkari"Though Zetsubou Sensei...
Another series I have my eye on.

Chun

Quote from: "PyronIkari"Ugh, I hated episode one with a passion. I read the comic, and the anime is a horribly bastardized version of it. Basically the only thing about it I found enjoyable was Tsuyuri's voice. I'm going to watch the next few eps and hope it gets better, but I don't have high hopes.

Though Zetsubou Sensei... now THAT is a good comic -> cartoon transition, and has the best ED of this entire year.

Quote from: "Lisu"Another series I have my eye on.

Shintani needs a translator for this series. Otherwise we'd get right on it.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

PyronIkari

Quote from: "Lisu"
Quote from: "PyronIkari"I read the comic, and the anime is a horribly bastardized version of it.
A phrase not uncommon.
I find if more often than not that the anime version of comics usually don't live up to what their paper predecessor did.  
But after an anime is released, there is a feeling of being 'too late' on the read, and 'might as well watch it'.  Every now and then we do pick up the original work, but if feels more like a bonus rather than the source....

Quote from: "PyronIkari"Though Zetsubou Sensei...
Another series I have my eye on.

Normally I don't mind when the quality of a comic-> cartoon drops... but in the case of doujin work... it's just too much. I really enjoy Doujin Work, but the changes to the character designs bothers me quite a bit. It's way too SD looking for me, of course outside of Justice. The pacing was really bad as well. I understand it was a chara intro episode, but how they paced the train scene into going straight into the convention was horribly done. G'ah everything just... bleh.

Sunara Ishi

<3 Tsuyuri... XD XD XD... She hit the top of my list before I even knew her name...

Sora is amusing but I like Justice so far... XD;

Initial rankings:

1. Tsuyuri
2. Justice
3. Sora
4. The blond (Najimi?)
5. The girl with the boys love doujin...

(In other news... darn you tsubasa... XP You always pick the same ones that end up as my faves... #.# and then I feel dirty for liking the same character a lot of the time... grr...)
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Lisu

Your mom released episode 2!
No really....they did.

A little differently paced this time around but in the same mood.
I am noticing that parts here and there are purposely more exaggerated for comedic purposes, but I'm not exactly hating.

Notes:
-Though 3 times in one ep. the "father, mother-" joke so far is re-occurring.
-I'm really hoping for continuing Sora outfits.
This episode: Police woman!

Tsubasa

I noticed some product placement for age and Nitro+. lawl  I say Najimi should have bought Phantom of Inferno or Saya no Uta.

Otherwise, I don't have much to say.  Still an enjoyable 15 minutes.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Lisu

In comparison to ep2, I think 3 picked up a bit more.  
-A lot of Justice, and that's always good.  The guy is a beast! (strength wise)
-Innuendos are more frequent and span for the larger part of the episode, but I believe that adds to their comedic value.
-The actual selling of the doujin came rather fast.  Had it been another type of show, there would have been 3+ episodes on the making to elevate the event.
-Additional character have more air time, but who cares about them.....

--Sora: 2 for the price of 1!
China dress:

Ballroom:

LastElixir

PyronIkari

This was the first episode that I actually thought was moderately entertaining. Again... it was so poorly done compared to the comic, but it was at least still able to keep me entertained sorta. I think what they did was... they assume people have read the comics, they're leaving out a lot for the setups and punchlines out. I know a lot of people still don't get what most of Justice said or anything about his train of thought in that entire second half of the episode.

Lisu

Going onto 4, and still going well IMO
Out of the lot, this one seemed to have the least down time and kept gags flowing continuously. Good use of background characters for the tsundere joke.

Great rivalry between Justice and Junichiro (the other dude)
Najimi is always blegh, cosplaying won't help her
Tsuyuri wasn't as big in this particular episode, but did well in the parts she was given
Sora was as cute as ever with the return of the maid costume (did not feature in ep1 post)

and a in episode bloomer costume

Chun

Hahaha, this series is so entertaining.

Watched up through 4 (subtitled ver. on YT)

Tsuyuri = Win, Sora = Awesome Win

Justice = Awesome

That bloomers bug thing scares me.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

PyronIkari

I think I'm going to stop watching the series. They cut out some of the most important parts of this section and everything else was just so dry. One whole good gag the entire time(Childhood friend battle) everything else was just so dull and done horribly. Unless EP 5 is really good, I'm probably dropping it and just sticking with the comic.

Crazy_Saiko

i know i'm late at this
but i just saw ep2
and i lold at
we'll go in together after you grow up
<br />Please, PM me if you\'re curious.

Crazy_Saiko

Quote from: "Chun"Hahaha, this series is so entertaining.

Watched up through 4 (subtitled ver. on YT)

Tsuyuri = Win, Sora = Awesome Win

Justice = Awesome

That bloomers bug thing scares me.

~Chun

Justice is totally awesome!! (for some reason.. he reminds me of Loktera.. 0_o i dunno why)
Sora is really cute; she's just so adorable.. but.. what relation does she have with Justice 0_o
my favorite female character is Tsuyuri.. i just.. love her calm cool personality <3

Crazy_Saiko

i saw Ep 5
i thought the beginning was interesting
but this episode wasnt' as great as the others
*sigh*

I still love Justice