Worst...

Started by Sunara Ishi, July 10, 2007, 09:48:03 PM

Sunara Ishi

I thought it might be kinda nice to have a thread where you can post what series you think had the worst ending, episode, acting, characters, etc. Pretty much open to anything. It doesn't necessarily have to be the worst but something you think was really bad. Anything no matter how minor nor serious it may seem... as long as its about anime series.

Just remember if you think you have spoilers, put them in spoiler tags. (aka if you're explaining why you think so.)

My bits:

Right now, I think the worst ending would be the ending to Rocket Girls.

And I think the worst animal treatment would be Touka Gettan episode 12.
Perhaps its purely the worst in a comedy way... but I think the overall episode was pretty cruel.

If anyone wants to know why, I'll reply in spoiler tags but otherwise...
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Kazegami

I'm going to get burned at the stake for this, but...

Lucky Star.

I love the intro.  It's the best intro ever.  And my goodness are the character designs cute as all hell.

But not even 5 MINUTES into it and I was already bored.  I did my best to try and stay around until the end of the first episode, but to no avail... the end of the episode was funny, but not enough to warrant it taking up space on my HD.

I guess the best way to put it is this:  I like my anime like I like my women.  No matter how long it takes, I'll be able to see things for what they really are.  No matter how cute or beautiful it is, if there isn't SOME substance to it, then it's pretty much a waste of my time.  It's completely possible to have both, too.  =P

PyronIkari

N'ah, Lucky Star isn't a series for most people to enjoy. It's super cultural... it's comparable to how Robot Chicken is in the states. The jokes are very cultural and based on every day life Japan. The entire conversation about the food is hillarious, because... I've had that exact same conversation(though at different times) with my friends before.

We had a huge argument on another forum concerning Lucky Star with 3 sides, half of them saying it's genius(most of these people are idiots), half saying it was the most boring shit ever(again, most idiots), and a handful of us calling both sides idiots for failing to recognize that it's comedy they don't get. It's not because it's not funny... it's because... you probably just don't get it. Nothing wrong with that though.

Kazegami

Pyron, that's a whole other point of view that I didn't even think to examine.  Thinking about that, there was another anime, Pani Poni Dash!,  that everyone I knew was crazy over, but I didn't really find it that interesting.  However, I really like School Rumble, and I think it might be due to the fact that the subbers took the time to explain the various cultural jokes within the series.

PyronIkari

Quote from: "Kazegami"Pyron, that's a whole other point of view that I didn't even think to examine.  Thinking about that, there was another anime, Pani Poni Dash!,  that everyone I knew was crazy over, but I didn't really find it that interesting.  However, I really like School Rumble, and I think it might be due to the fact that the subbers took the time to explain the various cultural jokes within the series.

Oh I say the same about PaniPoni too. I went on a long splurge about it in the "Anime for Newbies" thread on it. The series aren't met for people that don't have a long history/knowledge of both the culture as well as the anime/manga/game industry. Almost everything is a cultural reference. I can  easilly respect your not liking both shows, because you're willing to state that you don't like it, because you don't understand it. It's a lot more respectable than the people that say they like it, but don't get it(mostly due to it's popularity). I get really annoyed when people claim they love a series, yet don't really understand why it's good, nor can they even give a good reason as to why they like it... Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, Lucky Star, Pani Poni Dash... all great examples.

Sidekick

Off the top of my head, Tenjou Tenge had a pretty horrible ending.  There was no closure about it and it was pretty abrupt.  And Mai HiME's ending was kind of rushed and could have been drawn out a bit more.

LordKefka

Gilgamesh has one of the dumbest, worst cop-out endings I have ever seen. It's even worse than an Anime where you find out everything happened was just some dream in the end...-__-
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Minagi-chan

I adore Loveless, I really do.  I dig the character designs and the whole concept, until you get to the very end.  The finale of the series was way inconclusive, I found.  Not only did it provide illogical and instantaneous resolution to (most of) the tensions building throughout the series, it left the significant issues of fairly important characters completely open to interpretation that ought to have been tied up by the end.
 I feel that  it was more a display of the lifestyle of the characters than a storyline.  I'm not sure what part of the creation process to pin that on, but whatever it was was seriously flawed.
<3 Miss Coquine <3
We slip and slide as we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough.

Barnes

I didn't like the ending for Trinity Blood. It was a fun show to watch, although it confused me. But that stupid ending. ARGH!
*Throws a chair* :evil:

There are other endings, but I like to calm myself down by NOT taliking about them.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

zoupzuop2

RANDOM DEFENSIVENESS!

I would like to put a pre-shield over Ranma 1/2's ending in the MANGA only, simply for the fact that the original Japanese ending had some details that made it a LOT more satisfying and final that the English did not quite include. If you'd like more info PM me or call me out on it here (you'll need a crowd first~).

The anime ending I've not yet seen, so... I'll go with the hearsay and agree it's awful. Given its position in terms of plot according to the manga... we don't even meet Konatsu, Akari, Katsuhinshiki, Herb, Saffron... a whole HOST of characters worth seeing, thrown to the wind! ;_;
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.