Anime You Would Want a LA of...

Started by LordKefka, July 11, 2007, 03:15:17 AM

LordKefka

Let's see...

Black Lagoon - can't be TOO hard to do..
Gunslinger Girl - recruit a bunch of littles girls and Italian looking guys..>_>
Monster - This would be pure awesome
Bokura Ga Ita - Maybe some mild censoring of sexual innuendos in a few episodes.. but nothing much
Haibane Renmei - yeah... also one which isn't too far-fetched to make
Ghost in the Shell - ...uhh...
Azumanga Daioh -..

Ugh... if they can make Boogiepop Phantom or Jigoku Shoujo LA, I would LIKE to think these ones would be made.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Sunara Ishi

AIR: Because it'd be cool...
Vampire Princess Miyu: Because it needs more love...
Sakura Taisen... all of them really.. (I know there's LA musicals but I don't think LA movies or shows...)
Nanoha... the first two seasons would be cool but it'd need lots of young actors... But Strikers, that I'd want to see for sure.
Touhou (I know its not an anime but not only an anime but a live action would be beyond awesome)
Aria: Cause who wouldn't want to see Aqua and those Undines in action?
Emma: Because it Emma and I want my elephants... XP

Seirei no Moribito might make a good LA movie...
Rocket Girls might work but I'd insist they change the end. XP

I dunno what else.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

mDuo13

None of the above. Ever. Please.

EDIT: None of the below, either. Thank you.

Spiritsnare

I concur with mDuo13: sorry, I just can't see 'live action' with any of those series.

...except for probably Emma, and only if they execute it really well.
epic progressive

vox

LastElixir

LordKefka

Oh come on.. none can be as bad as the H&C LA..~_~
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

BunofGovt

Can I ask for an anime version of Mito Komon instead?  :lol:
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Ichigo-Sama

Air Gear

That would be so awesome. ^^

Ouran High School Host Club! Lucky Star is awesome, too. >__>

pockystix

Mahoraba ~heartful days~? I dunno, I wanna see how Kozue's actress performs 4 different personalities. lol, what about REC? Have an actual seiyuu portray Aka. ;o

The most "successful" Live Action/Doramas are usually adapted from shoujo series, anyway (i.e. Hana Yori Dango, Hana-Kimi, etc.) And since I brought that up, I'd lovelovelovelove it if Kare Kano became a dorama.
New sn = Meirin

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "LordKefka"Oh come on.. none can be as bad as the H&C LA..~_~

Awww.... I marginally enjoyed that... In fact, If they made it into a live action TV series I wouldn't mind it so much. Just as long as it followed the original story more than the movie did..
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Persephone

Quote from: LordKefka on July 11, 2007, 03:15:17 AM
Let's see...

Monster - This would be pure awesome
Bokura Ga Ita - Maybe some mild censoring of sexual innuendos in a few episodes.. but nothing much

Ghost in the Shell - ...uhh...

They're already making a Monster LA movie here in the States.  Go figure.

And if Matrix counts (since they stole lots o' thing from GitS), then yeah, it's been done.

RyuHayabusa

I say Mobile Suit Gundam, the original TV series. It has enough material to be done as a trilogy and it should be high budget, instead of that live action G Savior. That was crap.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: mDuo13 on July 11, 2007, 07:50:50 AM
None of the above. Ever. Please.

EDIT: None of the below, either. Thank you.

o/

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

LordKefka

I honestly don't know what's wrong with a Monster or GiTS LA. Oh well, you can only hope.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Nyxyin

Quote from: LordKefka on December 13, 2007, 12:12:40 AM
I honestly don't know what's wrong with a Monster or GiTS LA.
I've been thinking about this, and I'm not sure I see much of a difference in story-telling medium.  They're putting in tons of special effects into so-called "live action" movies -- to the point that a lot of live action seems to be computer animated or modified these days.  As long as the story is good, either should work.  My only objection is in remakes.  I wouldn't mind a Monster or GitS live action if the live action tells either more of the story or tells the story with a different twist.  However, it seems to be a waste to remake the same story in a different format.  I have the same problem with manga and anime as well: I hate it when anime and manga are too similar because I feel like I've wasted my time and money getting both.

Appu

Initial D.

...wait a minute...  :-X
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

zoupzuop2

Quote from: Appu on January 01, 2008, 10:28:42 PM
Initial D.

...wait a minute...  :-X
They actually did one in the states!

Except they gutted the plot, raped all character development, and replaced the Eurobeat with rap and crappy techno.

It's called The Fast and The Furious series.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Appu

Couldn't stand Fast and the Furious. Or the Initial D movie. It was a massacre worse than Jack the Ripper.
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

RyuHayabusa

Black Lagoon has the most potential to be a really good Holywood Action Movie. The whole series is in fact an homage to the action/crime stories of hollywood lol
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

JohnnyAR

Imagine if the planned one of Hellsing o.O dat would be wierd