Started by senritsu, July 13, 2007, 02:04:09 PM

senritsu

so
i'm going to dye my hair a vivid (ish) red
and do this costume for a con

my problem is i have no idea how to do that with my hair

and since i'll have red hair, i might as well cosplay other redheads
any suggestions?

also advice on sewing my lips together (not actually) and makeup might be helpful too
i'm a real mess

This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy.

Lavabluefish

You could also do Rino.

With lip sewing, maybe a dark paint of sorts that isn't going to rub off easy. Even if it doesn't end up looking too much like real stitches or whatever, it can still look good.
... I think.

senritsu

i was going to sew together 2 pieces of latex with elastic thread and find some way to attach em to my lips

someone (my friend who never has actually good ideas) once suggested regular thread but that'd look really dumb and i wouldnt be able to talk or open my mouth without ripping the latex
and with the elastic thread, i can eat at least french fries
and i have to be able to at least smile

This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy.

Errowyn

I agree that make up could work nicely.  You wouldn't have to worry about the elastic coming off.
A truly wise man does not play leap frog with a unicorn...

BrightHeart76

If you're doing this for next years con's wait and check out your local halloween / costume store when Halloween comes around.  They make a lot of specialty make up kits that do things like that around that time of year.  I don't specifically remember a kit with lips sewn shut, but I wasn't looking for one either.  Halloween costumes and make up have some really good ideas to work from.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

senritsu

i actually have to figure this out by september
i leave for Vegas on august 31 or something
and the con is the first weekend
if people like it enough, i'll keep it alive till fanime

my hair is finally the right colour too

*quietly thanking manic panic for vampire red*

Punkbuster

I suggest doing either thread or a thin yarn/cord (I'd do the yarn/cord if it were me). When you make the latex peices, have enough of the yarn/cord/thread between so you can open your mouth all the way open, so that when you do talk, eat, etc. you aren't going to rip the latex off your face. Yah it'll look kinda droppy, but you'd be more comfortable.

senritsu

i'll see what i can do...
now to figure out how to attach it to my lips
and spirit gum is out of the question... i can never get the stuff to stick to anything but my fingers and hair