Fanime Speed Dating 2008

Started by Zorya, July 17, 2007, 06:48:55 PM

Karisma Black

Actually, the idea of a Cosplay Speed Dating could be a fun event for all. You cosplay a character, someone else cosplays a character, and you have to try and act In Character doing the date. Could be like a competition, and the audience could vote on who portrayed the characters best and the best couple and stuff. But that's just kind of a digression.

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Karisma Black on October 30, 2007, 06:22:28 PM
Actually, the idea of a Cosplay Speed Dating could be a fun event for all. You cosplay a character, someone else cosplays a character, and you have to try and act In Character doing the date. Could be like a competition, and the audience could vote on who portrayed the characters best and the best couple and stuff. But that's just kind of a digression.

I think THAT sounds like fun!  But then again I'm a dork (and proud of it).
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Jerry

sounds like more like a stage zero/ masquerade skit idea.

but that does sound fun.   :D

sorta like real world and a 'shot' a love. - Fanime remix edition.

word.  8)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

PassingTheBuck

Rule #1.  Never date the people that you work with.

Rule #2.  Never violate Rule #1.

Rule #3.  If you violate Rule #1, be prepared to deal with the results of a break up at Staffing Meetings and At-Con, where you two are very likely going to have to interact and not want to tear out each others heart and eat it in front of the other person.

Rule #4.  No Killing the other person at Staff Meetings or At-Con, because our insurance wouldn't cover the damage to the carpets.

Rule #5.  For the Females in the group, consider the fact that almost all the males in the thread think it's a good idea, while the females are on the fence.  Remember women, date only in your own Species.  If you watch "The Big Bang Theory" Television series, we (the males on this thread) are one rung below those guys, notice I didn't say above them.

Rule #6.  ....Just don't do it, just say no...

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

JohnnyAR

Quote from: StrawberryNeko on October 30, 2007, 12:27:31 AM
There's a immense amount of minor attendees that go to this con. You might want to be careful with this idea.

hey don't ruin it for the high school kids, very possibly the first girl that I'm ACTUALLY in love with will most likely reject me  :( ,so if she does on Valentine's Day because I have some heavy shite planned for her on that day, I might join the speed dating if she rejects me  :(

JohnnyAR

Quote from: clawmaster on October 30, 2007, 12:03:18 PM
good ideas and anyaslis on this whole idea. yea later in the day so all the kiddies will be back in their rooms or hotels and maybe have 1 for jst 18 and up. that way we can have (the people participant in it) show their ID showing that they are 18 and in a room where no kiddies can watch

*holds up the middle finger to a picture of the White House* Goddamn all of you who wrote the age law.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: clawmaster on October 30, 2007, 12:03:18 PM
good ideas and anyaslis on this whole idea. yea later in the day so all the kiddies will be back in their rooms or hotels and maybe have 1 for jst 18 and up. that way we can have (the people participant in it) show their ID showing that they are 18 and in a room where no kiddies can watch

2 more damn years and I'm free.................sorta

JohnnyAR

Quote from: PassingTheBuck on November 08, 2007, 11:53:41 PM
Rule #1.  Never date the people that you work with.

Rule #2.  Never violate Rule #1.

Rule #3.  If you violate Rule #1, be prepared to deal with the results of a break up at Staffing Meetings and At-Con, where you two are very likely going to have to interact and not want to tear out each others heart and eat it in front of the other person.

Rule #4.  No Killing the other person at Staff Meetings or At-Con, because our insurance wouldn't cover the damage to the carpets.

Rule #5.  For the Females in the group, consider the fact that almost all the males in the thread think it's a good idea, while the females are on the fence.  Remember women, date only in your own Species.  If you watch "The Big Bang Theory" Television series, we (the males on this thread) are one rung below those guys, notice I didn't say above them.

Rule #6.  ....Just don't do it, just say no...

Craige...

lol, but really if women date within their own species that means I'm screwed!  :( That explains a lot, lol!

Nanashi

Now, the question is for the 18 and up thing, what if a participant will be turning 18 within a matter of days after the con? Will they be able to slide by, or will they be screwed?
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Neo-Zaku

I would imagine for legal reasons they would have to be 18 or older at the time of the event. I see the primary problem being participation. While I am sure they will have plenty of males willing to sign up I have a feeling finding female participants will be trickier. As was noted earlier, the male response to this event has been significantly more positive then the female response. Though as long as the event was held in a safe and controlled location I think I would be willing to try even as shy as I tend to be around women.
There is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack is to be able to throw yourself at the ground...

...and miss!

Proud Member of TGC!

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Neo-Zaku on November 10, 2007, 02:10:45 AM
I would imagine for legal reasons they would have to be 18 or older at the time of the event. I see the primary problem being participation. While I am sure they will have plenty of males willing to sign up I have a feeling finding female participants will be trickier. As was noted earlier, the male response to this event has been significantly more positive then the female response. Though as long as the event was held in a safe and controlled location I think I would be willing to try even as shy as I tend to be around women.

screw the law, age doesn't matter in love and war, thats what I go by.

Nanashi

So, it's okay for a 40 year old to have an intimate relationship for a 13 year old?  :-\
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

vasher

All the participants should definitely be over 18, and it probably shouldn't be advertised as a serious way to hook-up.  Keep it clean and legal.  ;)  Fun and games, y'all.  Maybe offer prizes or special seating.

The idea of an Anime Dating Game catches my interest more- probably more interesting for the onlookers as well, especially if you toss in yaoi/yuri versions (taking the character's gender, not the actual participant's).

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Nanashi on November 10, 2007, 01:18:37 PM
So, it's okay for a 40 year old to have an intimate relationship for a 13 year old?  :-\

ok I didn't mean it in that way :o thats disgusting. 

DemonLordZabuza

Quote from: JohnnyAR on November 10, 2007, 10:27:14 PM

I will agree with you about that in love age doesnt matter.  But when it comes to law and stuff...well it kinda does.  We dont want some parent coming to staff and complaning that their son or daughter was being touched by an older man or woman.  So suggestion for minors  is bring your parent or guardian perferably, or maybe a sign document allowing their minor to participate but in their speed dating it will all be minors.  That way their is little to no issues.

As for the girls in here being against the idea, well from experience I've meet many single girls who go to fanime who would like to meet new guys but are to shy.  Yes, this may also mean that they will be to shy to participate, but their is also a chance that they might decide to come...or a group of girls.  But yea.  I still think is an interesting idea, just afraid that their will be 40 guys and like 10 girls showing up.

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

JohnnyAR

Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on November 11, 2007, 10:55:34 PM

I will agree with you about that in love age doesnt matter.  But when it comes to law and stuff...well it kinda does.  We dont want some parent coming to staff and complaning that their son or daughter was being touched by an older man or woman.  So suggestion for minors  is bring your parent or guardian perferably, or maybe a sign document allowing their minor to participate but in their speed dating it will all be minors.  That way their is little to no issues.

As for the girls in here being against the idea, well from experience I've meet many single girls who go to fanime who would like to meet new guys but are to shy.  Yes, this may also mean that they will be to shy to participate, but their is also a chance that they might decide to come...or a group of girls.  But yea.  I still think is an interesting idea, just afraid that their will be 40 guys and like 10 girls showing up.

I've never really seen an Otaku thats 40, I usually see Otakus that are in their 20's or early 30's. But yeah you're right, I didn't mean it in that way. As you said about those are girls that wanna meet new guys but are too shy about, I'm one of those people except its the other way around, a single guy that wants to meet new girls but I am too shy. Ok so the issue with minors is over! Done! minors can't particapate PERIOD!

clawmaster

Quote from: JohnnyAR on November 12, 2007, 10:28:41 AM

I've never really seen an Otaku thats 40, I usually see Otakus that are in their 20's or early 30's. But yeah you're right, I didn't mean it in that way. As you said about those are girls that wanna meet new guys but are too shy about, I'm one of those people except its the other way around, a single guy that wants to meet new girls but I am too shy. Ok so the issue with minors is over! Done! minors can't particapate PERIOD!
dude would lay off a bit. this speed dating is for fun, not to be in a committed relationships with the girl. not many people commit the first day they meet him/her. obviously from your postings it seems like your going through some heart break issues right now and joining in on this for u might not be the best idea. or it might be who knows. but yea man don't take things too personally, we are jst here to have fun and be mind full of the rules and law, we don't want anyone here heading to jail cuz one of us wanted to kiss the other person against their will.

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

JohnnyAR

Quote from: clawmaster on November 12, 2007, 11:27:16 AM
Quote from: JohnnyAR on November 12, 2007, 10:28:41 AM

dude would lay off a bit. this speed dating is for fun, not to be in a committed relationships with the girl. not many people commit the first day they meet him/her. obviously from your postings it seems like your going through some heart break issues right now and joining in on this for u might not be the best idea. or it might be who knows. but yea man don't take things too personally, we are jst here to have fun and be mind full of the rules and law, we don't want anyone here heading to jail cuz one of us wanted to kiss the other person against their will.

damnit your right

DemonLordZabuza

So what exactly will someone need to get this organized?

My thoughts:

-Tables + chairs
-a room/area
-organizer
-timer
-rules
-people
-a system to sit people

Now who was trying to organize this again?

and a thought of cosplay dating, I think if that is really going to be tried we should have like a schedule were you have advertisement like
One Piece Men 1-2...(or for the case of not being sexest One Piece Women...and no not like wearing a one piece or something, but rather the anime)

to the system of sitting people is it going to be guys sat first and then girls are sat filling up the spots?  Do they have a choice to not sit?  or will the girls be sitted first and then guys come in?

And final thoughts, speed dating is not about finding a relationship.  More like finding a new friend, maybe get a dinner date.  Not saying that it has never happen, but in my opinion do not get your hopes to high.  Just come and have fun :D.  And remember guys sometimes is better to be happy than right :P

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

RanyouSaotome

There are alot of pros and cons on this matter so because it does have the possibility of going south if it were speed dating so to speak... There is another similar idea... like for example.... Fanime Friends Finding Friends. This is basicly the same idea BUT  putting it up as friends so that Fanime does not take initial responsibility IF said new friends become more so.  ;)  Once they meet as friends what they do after is tween them.
   Maybe I got the whole concept wrong on this speed dating but this is my two cents. The way I see it is if you got an idea put it out on the table.