Girls T-shirts PLEASE

Started by Kyokun, July 25, 2007, 10:18:03 AM

Kyokun

Okay, now that the new site is up, I LOVE the characters and the theme for next year's Fanime.  AND I would REALLY REALLY love to have a GIRL CUT SHIRT for 2008.  Not a Youth Large (that's a boycut shirt, and too boxy).  The last two years have had only Youth Large, and I cannot wear those because the fit is terrible.  I'm not spending $20 on a shirt that doesn't fit.  

Please, whoever is in charge of making shirts, make sure there are girl cuts shirts available.  Anime is one geeky con that has a plethora of girls, and I know I'm not the only one who would like a better fitting shirt.

Fanime 2003-2005 I know had girl cut shirts.  What happened?

LadyKaren

I second this! Staff shirts too!

phoenixphire24

YES!!!! Girl cut shirts. I've only been coming since 2006 and I have never bought a shirt because there were no girl-cut ones. Guy shirts DO NOT FIT ALL. I'd really like one this year. The theme looks great!

pockystix

For great justice, please consider girl fitted tees! Women have curves afterall.
New sn = Meirin

Lactose

Lactose = Liz

BrightHeart76

add another vote...it'd be nice to have a better fitting shirt.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

mDuo13

... and I think girls look better when they wear fitted shirts, so allow me to add my support to this motion as well!

BrightHeart76

Here's a strange / bad idea.  I don't know how hard it would be to implement...but in my book it'd be worth it.

I would personally be willing to pay more for a Fanime shirt if it fit and was made of a little higher quality fabric.  I don't know about anyone else but my Fanime shirts ALWAYS shrink insanely and are itchy.  Could we do pre-orders?  That way you'd have a better idea how many girl cut shirts / better quality shirts to order.

Like I said...I don't know if it could be done, but it was worth mentioning.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Kyokun

I say go American Apparel.  They have good quality T's (it's what Threadless, Noisebot, and my friends use, when they make their own shirts), and they have girl cut T's.  

Also, one of my old Fanime shirts was from AA (2003 pattern), and it fits great.

LadyKaren

I saw we go Eurpean. They have much softer t-shirts. I have no clue why...

M

I have read this thread and am listening. :)

We'll see what we can do next year.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

phoenixphire24

Quote from: "MPLe"I have read this thread and am listening. :)

YEAH! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Leviathan

:D OMG I agree with everyone else. We need Girl-fitted tee's for our ladies. My GF would be happy to finally have one.

SOawesomeness

Yes, please for staff shirts as well. I can't really wear my staff t-shirt... I'm very small so it doesn't fit very well... >.>;;
I'd be willing to pay a bit more for one that would fit better.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

EdOfNoName

Quote from: "Chiri Kcrinh"Yes, please for staff shirts as well.
And for people who support musical guests. One year I tried to negotiate a volume discount for buying more than one copy of a musical guest's album and couldn't get a discount on price. But the seller gave me her new "didn't fit, she wasn't ever going to wear" Fanime T-shirt as a bonus.

Kyokun

Yay!  Thank you!  I look forward to seeing the girls' shirts next year.   :D

M

Quote from: "Kyokun"

(For the record) I said that I will try to get girls' shirts next year. If there aren't any, please don't kill me. :)

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "MPLe"
Quote from: "Kyokun"

(For the record) I said that I will try to get girls' shirts next year. If there aren't any, please don't kill me. :)
you already got them excited; i would find a good hiding place if they don't get their shirts.

like the saying goes, 'hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'; alot of them are gonna be really scorned.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

M

Quote from: "otakuapprentice"you already got them excited; i would find a good hiding place if they don't get their shirts.

like the saying goes, 'hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'; alot of them are gonna be really scorned.

If you're going to quote someone, quote it right :P

Quote from: "'The Mourning Bride' (1697) by William Congreve"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned / Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "MPLe"
Quote from: "otakuapprentice"you already got them excited; i would find a good hiding place if they don't get their shirts.

If you're going to quote someone, quote it right :P

Quote from: "'The Mourning Bride' (1697) by William Congreve"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned / Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned
hehe, trying to change the subject now, are we?...

..and i didn't quote anyone; i clearly put 'like the saying goes'.

LOL. nevertheless, I'd try to get those shirts.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.