Ideas/Suggestions for Fanime 2008

Started by otakuapprentice, July 25, 2007, 05:18:32 PM

otakuapprentice

It's been almost two months since Fanime 2007 has come and gone, and now is better than waiting until the last minute(although its fun and also crazy to wait until the last minute) to start coming up with suggestions and possible ideas for next year.

Everyone probably knows the drill by now with this type of thread: post your ideas/suggestions/whatever for next year.

i would post an idea right now to start it off, but i'm still figuring out how it would work; if I can put it together and get it somehow approved for '08.......well, let's just say it'll be real fun.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

otakuapprentice

sorry for the double post. *requests this thread be stickied*

Okay, I've been fiddling with this idea for some months now...

For those that know what the Game Show is(y'know, the one that Scott Rux does), this is a different take on it.

Who would like to see a game show-type of event happen during one of the Hentai Room Nights(maybe two nights)?

There are already a few people that have shown interest in attending this after i told them about the idea...well, that is if Fanime lets me do this.

Questions/Comments/Prizes they might want to see given away(yea, i'll give away prizes, too)?

(dont bash this, plzkthnx)

Hakaru_chan

hmm... being a girl who went to fanime and having experienced this myself firsthand... i would really like there to be more SECURITY people around fanime or like peace officiers/etc whom i can turn to because I have had TOO many stalkers to fanime last year and it even came to a point where it turned me into tears because of the shock of what happened.

I had a stalker who followed me and looked for me around the convention saying things like of how cute of a "maid" i was. basically he was hitting on me whenever i passed by and I really tried to avoid him but well wearing what i was wearing, you "stand" out you know!
anyways, he even followed me when i tried to go around the outside of the building to go back to my hotel room. my other friends were so terrified when i told them i was being followed on my cell phone, however he snuck up behind me so fast that i had to hang up. my friends thought that something bad happened and all of them were so worried about me that they rushed together and surrounded him. and believe me, being surrounded like that, its almost like a mugging.

the guy left after noticing that like ten and more people were around him and not only did i burst into tears, i felt so bad after that i just had to go back to my room. i didn't want my friends to worry about me and i didn't want to feel like i had to be taken care of.

my other friend was also stalked during the con and even after the con, she was continully stalked. She was stalked however by a guy that happened to have known her and her brother before(i think he apparently was acquitaned with the brother). he followed her into a grocery store and well after a few encounters with the guy she called the police and had him taken away. 

PLEASE PLEASE i dunno if it might cost more money or something but PLEASE if there is something we can do about security issues ESPECIALLY during the late nights. LETS PLEASE DO SO. Conventions like these can attract predators and especially sexual predators who are looking for girls like me. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE! there needs to be procedures of how people register. i believe that there should be background checks on everyone whos attending so we know there isn't a sexual convict or offender at the convention site. There are children here and there are younger girls than I who can be victimized! PLEASE LET US STOP THE STALKERS!

~anime girls unite to fight against stalkers!~
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Hakaru_chan on October 22, 2007, 10:41:15 PM
hmm... being a girl who went to fanime and having experienced this myself firsthand... i would really like there to be more SECURITY people around fanime or like peace officiers/etc whom i can turn to because I have had TOO many stalkers to fanime last year and it even came to a point where it turned me into tears because of the shock of what happened.

I had a stalker who followed me and looked for me around the convention saying things like of how cute of a "maid" i was. basically he was hitting on me whenever i passed by and I really tried to avoid him but well wearing what i was wearing, you "stand" out you know!
anyways, he even followed me when i tried to go around the outside of the building to go back to my hotel room. my other friends were so terrified when i told them i was being followed on my cell phone, however he snuck up behind me so fast that i had to hang up. my friends thought that something bad happened and all of them were so worried about me that they rushed together and surrounded him. and believe me, being surrounded like that, its almost like a mugging.

the guy left after noticing that like ten and more people were around him and not only did i burst into tears, i felt so bad after that i just had to go back to my room. i didn't want my friends to worry about me and i didn't want to feel like i had to be taken care of.

my other friend was also stalked during the con and even after the con, she was continully stalked. She was stalked however by a guy that happened to have known her and her brother before(i think he apparently was acquitaned with the brother). he followed her into a grocery store and well after a few encounters with the guy she called the police and had him taken away. 

PLEASE PLEASE i dunno if it might cost more money or something but PLEASE if there is something we can do about security issues ESPECIALLY during the late nights. LETS PLEASE DO SO. Conventions like these can attract predators and especially sexual predators who are looking for girls like me. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE! there needs to be procedures of how people register. i believe that there should be background checks on everyone whos attending so we know there isn't a sexual convict or offender at the convention site. There are children here and there are younger girls than I who can be victimized! PLEASE LET US STOP THE STALKERS!

well, theres usually a good presence of SJPD during the daytime, and the Rovers around in the nighttime. if you can find a Rover and tell them you need help/are being stalked/pursued/etc., they will do whatever they can to help.

Hakaru_chan

Rovers?! thats good to hear! but sadly... i didn't know that there were rovers around at night! i guess then i couldn't find one.. what do they wear? do they have badges/flashlights etc?
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Hakaru_chan on October 22, 2007, 10:52:27 PM
Rovers?! thats good to hear! but sadly... i didn't know that there were rovers around at night! i guess then i couldn't find one.. what do they wear? do they have badges/flashlights etc?
they are generally wearing headsets and have a con badge that shows they are indeed Rovers.

Another good way to get help is the Rovers room, which is typically located in the Marriot, near the Vol. Hole and Con Ops.

If you can't get a hold of a Rover, ask one of the police officers that patrol the con(they are only there in the day; Rovers are there day AND night); they can help you out as well(no one wants to mess with a cop).

darkknightcecil

Yes Cool Badges for rovers
and More Rovers and..
more guests..
and thats about it :D

otakuapprentice

I'm still working on my idea i posted at the top of the page; I'll probably have some more details later in the year.

Kazuko

more coppers and rovers arround the late night hours would be nice =\ I seen one too many tipsy people act like fools and plus the stalkage.

Also you should know that sometimes cosplays that are revealing can and most likely will attract thoes kinds of people. Just saying thats all =\ You know the consiquences when wearing a revealing outfit.

DemonLordZabuza

Tisk tisk for stalkers.  Suggestion for the problem:
-Dont walk alone, have friends around most of the time.  And if you feel uncomfortable because of someone report it to a rover.  Like stated they have head sets or a badge saying they are rovers.  But if one not found, go to rover office and report them there.

I know that I have no tollorance when a friend feels uncomfortable.  But thats me.

Now to have more rovers, well we need more staff :P...so if you have some friends who would like to help out then have them contact rover staff.

Over all just be careful, have fun, and if something doesnt feel right report it

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

deonchan

Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on November 11, 2007, 11:09:24 PM
-Dont walk alone, have friends around most of the time.  And if you feel uncomfortable because of someone report it to a rover.  Like stated they have head sets or a badge saying they are rovers.  But if one not found, go to rover office and report them there.

I know that I have no tollorance when a friend feels uncomfortable.  But thats me.

Now to have more rovers, well we need more staff :P...so if you have some friends who would like to help out then have them contact rover staff.
Over all just be careful, have fun, and if something doesnt feel right report it

Exactly! We are looking for folks that are willing to join the (Artists formally known as Rovers) family! It's a great gig especially if you want to see lots of the con. Con goes will def be able to tell who's a (artist formally known as rovers) this year.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

M

Just a suggestion, if you can't find a Rover* staff member (for whatever reason), feel free to ask a staff member to contact a Rover. Most department and division heads carry headsets and roam the con at all hours of the day (some of us don't like to sleep :P) and can get in touch Rover* staff member.

*Name change is in progress.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

otakuapprentice

Quote from: deonchan on November 12, 2007, 04:46:40 PM
Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on November 11, 2007, 11:09:24 PM

Exactly! We are looking for folks that are willing to join the (Artists formally known as Rovers) family! It's a great gig especially if you want to see lots of the con. Con goes will def be able to tell who's a (artist formally known as rovers) this year.
will they be wearing big foam hats that state who they are, or will they all be carrying around baseball bats and giant hammers?

deonchan

well I threw out there the whole clockwork orange outfit with cricket bats to finish the ensemble but it was vetoed  :P
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Hakaru_chan on October 22, 2007, 10:41:15 PM

* Gets on top of a stand and puts his fists on his waists* I'll take care of it, I can be your bodygaurd, it its one thing I hate its sick pervetd men who stalk an innocent young woman. They just piss me off. Can I be your body guard? I'm pretty sure that sick freak is gonna be there.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Kazuko on November 11, 2007, 10:02:19 PM
more coppers and rovers arround the late night hours would be nice =\ I seen one too many tipsy people act like fools and plus the stalkage.

Also you should know that sometimes cosplays that are revealing can and most likely will attract thoes kinds of people. Just saying thats all =\ You know the consiquences when wearing a revealing outfit.

True, True. Sickos that can't even talk to a girl in the right manner.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: deonchan on November 13, 2007, 03:46:25 PM
well I threw out there the whole clockwork orange outfit with cricket bats to finish the ensemble but it was vetoed  :P
vetoed?! *in the best darth vader voice* NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnnyAR

Kazuko

Quote from: deonchan on November 13, 2007, 03:46:25 PM

D: HOW DARE THEY!!!!!! *sob*

I <3 that movie even though it is a bit twisted

I say you still do it :b

JohnnyAR

wait what are you guys talking about? I'm confused, oh wait I always am XD