Ideas/Suggestions for Fanime 2008

Started by otakuapprentice, July 25, 2007, 05:18:32 PM

deonchan

c'mon guys dod you want to see you Artists formally known as rovers dressed like this?
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Braveheart

To OP: As a lead rover I can assure you any reports of stalking, unwanted glomping, or harassment of any sort will be dealt with swiftly and without prejudice. We take any and all reports of inappropriate behavior seriously and are quite protective of our attendees. We are all volunteers we are there because we love anime and the con just as much as our atendees. We do everything we can to protect the con's reputation as being a safe and more importantly a whole lot of fun!

Some of you may remember me from last year to those who don't or are new, feel free to introduce yourself. I am a really friendly person and so long as you don't do something stupid requiring my wrath to fall down upon you we will be good. If I'm off duty you will probably see me walking around dressed down or in my Agent 47 or Krillin cosplay. If I'm in all black, I am on duty, if I am on duty and you see me chasing you, just hope I don't catch you Heheheheh!!

I think this whole clockwork orange thing can be arranged

BTW they carried canes not cricket bats  ;D

~The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon him with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
.\\ike

Rovers Department Head
Fanime Operations

*Proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

I support all cosplayers and their freedom to carry accurate props that conform to FanimeCon guidelines

deonchan

Always gotta be the serious one eh partner?  ;D
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Braveheart

Just lettin people know we are out there for them if needed.   8)

.\\ike

Rovers Department Head
Fanime Operations

I support all cosplayers and their freedom to carry accurate props that conform to FanimeCon guidelines

otakuapprentice

Quote from: deonchan on November 14, 2007, 03:02:07 PM
c'mon guys dod you want to see you Artists formally known as rovers dressed like this?

i think the whole "wearing of the underwear on the outside" might've destroyed the small chance of the clockwork orange outfits.

i think i remember you from the staff picnic back in june; if i remember correctly, you tried to get a small group of us to go to Rocky Horror that night.....
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

deonchan

Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 14, 2007, 04:38:51 PM
Quote from: deonchan on November 14, 2007, 03:02:07 PM

i think the whole "wearing of the underwear on the outside" might've destroyed the small chance of the clockwork orange outfits.

i think i remember you from the staff picnic back in june; if i remember correctly, you tried to get a small group of us to go to Rocky Horror that night.....

Guilty as charged.  ;D

All jokes (and timewarping) aside. There's are plans to make sure the the Rover's crew are not only more visable than any year but def more available for every and any issue. We'll be out there and happy to help!
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Braveheart on November 14, 2007, 03:16:12 PM
To OP: As a lead rover I can assure you any reports of stalking, unwanted glomping, or harassment of any sort will be dealt with swiftly and without prejudice. We take any and all reports of inappropriate behavior seriously and are quite protective of our attendees. We are all volunteers we are there because we love anime and the con just as much as our atendees. We do everything we can to protect the con's reputation as being a safe and more importantly a whole lot of fun!

Some of you may remember me from last year to those who don't or are new, feel free to introduce yourself. I am a really friendly person and so long as you don't do something stupid requiring my wrath to fall down upon you we will be good. If I'm off duty you will probably see me walking around dressed down or in my Agent 47 or Krillin cosplay. If I'm in all black, I am on duty, if I am on duty and you see me chasing you, just hope I don't catch you Heheheheh!!

I think this whole clockwork orange thing can be arranged

BTW they carried canes not cricket bats  ;D

~The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon him with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

I gotta say...I do feel safer reading that.  And I never felt "unsafe".  Woohoo...I'm already way too excited about Fanime.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Leviathan

ROVERS...WE LOVE YOU GUYS!! *hugs* You make us feel safe and you guys do a great job at it. Keep up the great work. *gives out cookies*

Braveheart

.\\ike

Rovers Department Head
Fanime Operations

kat-hime

Quote from: Hakaru_chan on October 22, 2007, 10:41:15 PM
hmm... being a girl who went to fanime and having experienced this myself firsthand... i would really like there to be more SECURITY people around fanime or like peace officiers/etc whom i can turn to because I have had TOO many stalkers to fanime last year and it even came to a point where it turned me into tears because of the shock of what happened.

I had a stalker who followed me and looked for me around the convention saying things like of how cute of a "maid" i was. basically he was hitting on me whenever i passed by and I really tried to avoid him but well wearing what i was wearing, you "stand" out you know!
anyways, he even followed me when i tried to go around the outside of the building to go back to my hotel room. my other friends were so terrified when i told them i was being followed on my cell phone, however he snuck up behind me so fast that i had to hang up. my friends thought that something bad happened and all of them were so worried about me that they rushed together and surrounded him. and believe me, being surrounded like that, its almost like a mugging.

the guy left after noticing that like ten and more people were around him and not only did i burst into tears, i felt so bad after that i just had to go back to my room. i didn't want my friends to worry about me and i didn't want to feel like i had to be taken care of.

my other friend was also stalked during the con and even after the con, she was continully stalked. She was stalked however by a guy that happened to have known her and her brother before(i think he apparently was acquitaned with the brother). he followed her into a grocery store and well after a few encounters with the guy she called the police and had him taken away. 

PLEASE PLEASE i dunno if it might cost more money or something but PLEASE if there is something we can do about security issues ESPECIALLY during the late nights. LETS PLEASE DO SO. Conventions like these can attract predators and especially sexual predators who are looking for girls like me. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE! there needs to be procedures of how people register. i believe that there should be background checks on everyone whos attending so we know there isn't a sexual convict or offender at the convention site. There are children here and there are younger girls than I who can be victimized! PLEASE LET US STOP THE STALKERS!

~anime girls unite to fight against stalkers!~

DUH! anime girls need to unite to fight against stalkers!

-imitates inner Sakura-
CHYEAH. we'll totally kick their butts, no matter how short some of us are >_>   <_<

JohnnyAR

Yeah! Any man who does that is not a gentlemen. If I find out that any of you sirs does this I'll hunt you down, men look like animals even more when this happens. Because of that people think I'm like the rest of them, nope I'm no sex fiend..........I think.

Hakaru_chan

hello! its been a while since i've posted that in october, but now that I'm back, I just want to say "THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! ^ - ^ THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO RESPONDED AND COMMENTED ON THIS PROBLEM!
I mean honestly, I know there are ways to avoid situations such as these... but like you never know these days you know! sometimes, no matter how well you're trying to avoid them, some of them are good and can sneak up when you least expect it! I mean, if they want to hurt you..THEY WILL FIND A WAY! I mean, I know it might sound like alot of time/effort and money might be needed if we were to do like background checks on attendees so that we know they're not pedofiles or registered sex offenders, but isn't there some way we can reduce the rate in which instances such as these can happen or lead themselves to happen? I mean, I believe Fanime should be a safe place for all kinds of people wanting to attend can go to...prevention is the best solution for anything because sooner or later something bad can happen and Fanime's life will be endangered! I believe though that if there are no possible ways to do background checks, then I agree to having more rovers, peace officiers and just more staff members around to protect the people who, frankly, like me, look younger than their age and can seem like EASY VICTIMS! We especially need more at night and with all this, I would like to know more information then on how to be a rover so that I can help out too! To Braveheart, you're a very kind man, please sign me up right away!

-hakaru-  ;)
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

Kazuko

interestingly enough I look 16 and Im 20 lol

I carry mace  for these kinds of things

no joke

FinalShadows

Quote from: Kazuko on December 05, 2007, 06:12:15 PM
interestingly enough I look 16 and Im 20 lol

I carry mace  for these kinds of things

no joke