Panel and Workshop Suggestions 2008

Started by fullmetalneko, July 28, 2007, 07:38:50 PM

Kazuko

Bring Back the Lolita Fashion Panel :3 It was alot of fun to be in~
;__; just hope it doesnt get messed up on by being the last day again.

Nina Star 9

Quote from: Kazuko on December 17, 2007, 11:58:54 PM
Make it not on the last day so I can participate. ;_;

Lizchan33

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on December 18, 2007, 06:41:18 AM
Quote from: Kazuko on December 17, 2007, 11:58:54 PM
Make it not on the last day so I can participate. ;_;
I say it should happen again too... And if no one does it I will >: O
I wanna model agian : 3

naruto_ramen_1

Hi there ^__^

I'd like to have a deviantart panel. I'd love to meet fellow artists :)

I'd also like to have a panel where they talk about how to do a cosplay skit. I'd like to do one, but I don't know how to pre-record voices. Info on that would be great!

Dattebayo!

Kava

Quote from: neko ewen on November 01, 2007, 10:23:08 AM
I have a couple I'm considering putting on:

Japanese For Anime Fans: A friend of mine did this a few years back and it was a huge success. Basically a talk about the Japanese language, and what to expect if you're brave enough to try to learn it. During the weekend of the con I'll hopefully be graduating from SFSU with an M.A. in Japanese, and I actually have some stuff from the linguistics seminars I've taken that I can draw on.

Japanese Tabletop RPGs: I'm not sure how much interest there'd actually be, but I'd like to do a panel about the world of pen-and-paper RPGs from Japan. It's a teeny tiny niche hobby over there, but there are lots of really neat games. (Also, that new Night Wizard anime is based on an RPG of the same name).
If you haven't already, submit forms for these? They sound great and I'd love to have them. I'm still a little behind on catching up with the initial surge of panels submitted, but I'm hoping to catch up this weekend. ^-^
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

Kava

The Lolita panel wasn't on Monday last year, was it? We're getting a lot of submissions for various cosplay oriented panels, which is great! I'm not sure if I've seen a form for the Lolita panel yet, but once I catch up on replying to the forms already submitted, I'll be able to try and contact some of the panelists we had last year to see if they're interested in coming back again.

At the moment, we've got more cosplay panels submitted than anything else, so I'm hoping for more panels focusing on Anime and Video Games.

Also, if anyone has any ideas for panels focusing on the more academic subjects - like the one someone suggested here based on the Fanime theme and how that relates to current goings-on in the industries, etc.. or other discussions of an academic nature, I'd like to have a couple of those this year as well.

As always, thanks to everyone for your great ideas and for helping to make Fanime a great convention. ^--^
Rena

Kazuhide Aeiji

In regards to the Lolita panel last year, I'm glad a lot of people went despite it being on the very last day (Monday). Apparently, some people said to me that it was really popular. Unfortunately, as much as I loved working with everyone, I don't think I will be attending Fanime this year because I'll be at Anime Expo instead.  Hopefully someone picks it up and makes it just as fun as last time's :)

babytealeaf

Quote from: Kazuhide Aeiji on February 26, 2008, 10:20:14 AM
In regards to the Lolita panel last year, I'm glad a lot of people went despite it being on the very last day (Monday). Apparently, some people said to me that it was really popular. Unfortunately, as much as I loved working with everyone, I don't think I will be attending Fanime this year because I'll be at Anime Expo instead.  Hopefully someone picks it up and makes it just as fun as last time's :)

Aww, I wish you were doing it again this year! You did a great job and I really enjoyed modeling in it.

SOawesomeness

I just had an idea about this, and I'm not sure, but what about like... a panel on How To Take Good Pictures or something...? >.>;;
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

kimono_hime

I know my own kid would be glued to the Lolita panel and Deviant Art panel, and if you need a second kimono panel, I'd be happy to demonstrate/discuss/display. It's what I do for a living.

Batman77

;D hey everyone (first post here) I went to Fanime last year and had an extraordinary and extremely fun time and I will definitely be going this year as well. I'm from chabot college's school anime and video game club Game-Zone Recreation we through an anime convention of our own last year in the summer called Kin-Yoobi con and we also through good video game tournaments every friday in various games from Smash to Tekken 5 DR to Marvel vs Capcom 2 to Halo 3 and just about any game that is popular and or have a good size following for it. our website is www.GZRonline.com

anyways

Quote from: Kava on February 01, 2008, 12:00:39 PM
so I'm hoping for more panels focusing on Anime and Video Games.

Me (Vice President of our club) and my friend (president) are trying to and would love to host some panels specifically around anime and video games. we plan on doing three panels.

1st- which Dragon ball Z saga is the best
2nd- Is Zelda an RPG?
3rd (I guess would be a workshop) - how to start/throw a con from scratch

:'( sadly we've filled out and sent the form on the website and all 3 of these have been rejected for some odd reason that seems to have a contradiction leaving us very ???
have we done something wrong or filled it out wrong or something?
then I see on these forums you guys are really looking for panels on anime and video games so that just leaves me confused  ???
can you help me/us out with this problem?

Kava

kimono_hime: I'm definitely willing to schedule another Kimono panel if you want to give one. ^-^

Kazuhide: Your panel was wonderful last year. I'm sorry we had to schedule you on a Monday. Still, it IS a four day convention. Something has to be scheduled for Mondays. ^-^

Chiri: I think we have a cosplay photography panel that is about exactly that? I'll check again later. ^^

Batman77 - I'll PM you about your panel submissions.
Rena

Kava

Ahhhh! I got so very behind. I know not everyone who submits panels watches this forum, but for any who do, I thought I'd give an update.

I still have a lot of submissions I haven't had a chance to reply to yet.
I believe I'm caught up on e-mails now (I was a month behind in some cases! Gomen!), so if anyone needed a reply and hasn't got one yet, please poke me again and I apologize for the delay.

Some panels should be listed on the website before the end of this weekend. Any submissions I haven't yet replied to should have replies by Sat. night or Sun. morning. I've been taking quick looks, just haven't had time to send out replies.

Yes! I'm still accepting panels.

Thanks everyone!
Rena

Kava

Panel descriptions are starting to go up. Still accepting more panels! Looking for, at the moment, primarily panels that focus on Anime or Video Game topics (I have a lot of cosplay themed panels already), or panels that focus on Fanime's theme for this year, which is Feudal Japan!

There's just a little over a month left for panel submissions. ^^
Rena

Kava

Since we have a 'Cosplaying with BJD's' panel now - are there any other Dollfie/BJD panels that people would be interested in seeing?
Rena

Lizchan33

Quote from: Lizchan33 on November 29, 2007, 12:14:14 PM
Quote from: BunofGovt on November 18, 2007, 05:31:58 PM
Yay!  Um, since I missed the panel and therefore don't know what it included, would there be time afterwards for separate questions?  My friend purchased a light kimono from AX's summer festival.  Even though we found a book on wearing kimonos, we had some questions on how to tie it on her (like it's so long, where do we fold it and is it tied under the fold?  Or simply held in place by the obi?

Anyway, we'll save our questions for the panel next year!!
Well the panel last year didn't take anywhere as long as the allotted hour so there should be plenty of time for Q&A because that's what I was mostly hoping for.....
^_^;;;
Sorry to say I won't be doing this panel this year. I saw the Immortal Geisha one and figured there didn't need to be another. She had actually been at my panel so no point in me hosting one.

Kouri Neko

A lot of the panels were interesting this year.  However, I didn't care for getting up early to a panel to find it was canceled.  Hopefully there will be less of that next year.  There were a lot of room changes so it was also very confusing and disorganized.  And no clear cut maps of where things were.  I got lost a lot more than necessary.  I hope it'll be less confusing next year. 
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

LastElixir

Don't know if this is the right place, but the gurren lagann panel (2nd gainax panel), the translators sucked. Especially the guy, man he was trash... he was rude to the gainax staff, and couldn't translate a lot of the stuff. A lot of the times, he would only translate half of the answer because he didn't write down any of it. The gainax team had to rephrase the answers so he could understand it. Also, both translators made it obvious that they didn't watch the show, so most of the time, they didn't know what they were being asked and how to word the questions. They should've stuck around with the bandai guy they had in their 1st panel because he was great.

j