Bah, it would have been better <the slayers series spoile

Started by LordKefka, August 08, 2007, 12:38:11 AM

LordKefka

If the ending for Slayer Next happened last instead of Try. I seriously think becoming Lord of Nightmares is more badass and appropriate than the 5 weapons blah blah thing to end a series( not to mention how touchy the scene between Goury and Lina was)... =\

Thoughts on how this would be preferred?
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

PyronIkari

Uhm... welcome to a decade ago?

Most people don't like Try, that's old news. They were just milking the series for more money, and they did just that.

LordKefka

umm...welcome to shut the hell up?

I never got around to Try until recently. Should I keep up with the thousands of Anime that exist? Don't give me your damn attitude about when I should have watched something as well as acting like you seen more. K? thanks.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

LordKefka

And when the **** did I ever say Next was better than Try?In fact, what the hell does it have to do with me mentioning the order of ending preference? Do I CARE you bring in random opinions and act like it was something relevant to the topic?  Keep your mouth shut and think and READ before you post random crap.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

PyronIkari

Okay................?

So you missed out on a staple show of the 90's, that is a basis of most comparisons in adventure anime, when it's very well known recognized and admitted that Try was them milking more.

QuoteAnd when the **** did I ever say Next was better than Try?In fact, what the hell does it have to do with me mentioning the order of ending preference? Do I CARE you bring in random opinions and act like it was something relevant to the topic? Keep your mouth shut and think and READ before you post random crap.
I stated that most people find Next better than try, which is true. I don't care if you didn't say your opinion on that, because I just stated something is all. Can I only directly reply to things you specifically say? Am I not allowed to contribute unless you say I can contribute a specific piece of information?

But just to clear up something. The ending of Next happens because the whole series built up to it. For that ending to happen after Try... Next would have to happen after Try. Otherwise it would be a huge build up to nothing, then a jump to Try's story, then a random ending from a season ago... which wouldn't float well.

Nothing I posted was random, and applied exactly to this topic. It's not "MY FAULT" you didn't watch one of the biggest staple series' of the 90's... but the comment still stands.

Welcome to a decade ago.

PS: Your thread doesn't even have a topic, it's just you whining about how you like Next's ending over Try's and somehow people are suppose to have a discussion about that?

PPS: I'm fairly certain I have seen more.

LordKefka

Quote from: "PyronIkari"Okay................?

So you missed out on a staple show of the 90's, that is a basis of most comparisons in adventure anime, when it's very well known recognized and admitted that Try was them milking more.

QuoteAnd when the **** did I ever say Next was better than Try?In fact, what the hell does it have to do with me mentioning the order of ending preference? Do I CARE you bring in random opinions and act like it was something relevant to the topic? Keep your mouth shut and think and READ before you post random crap.
I stated that most people find Next better than try, which is true. I don't care if you didn't say your opinion on that, because I just stated something is all. Can I only directly reply to things you specifically say? Am I not allowed to contribute unless you say I can contribute a specific piece of information?

But just to clear up something. The ending of Next happens because the whole series built up to it. For that ending to happen after Try... Next would have to happen after Try. Otherwise it would be a huge build up to nothing, then a jump to Try's story, then a random ending from a season ago... which wouldn't float well.

Nothing I posted was random, and applied exactly to this topic. It's not "MY FAULT" you didn't watch one of the biggest staple series' of the 90's... but the comment still stands.

Welcome to a decade ago.

PS: Your thread doesn't even have a topic, it's just you whining about how you like Next's ending over Try's and somehow people are suppose to have a discussion about that?

Ok, first of all, I don't CARE about that fact. You acted like I was saying Next was better than Try, which I didn't. I have no idea what warranted to you bring that out like it had any connection with what I am referring to.

Yes, my topic does have a purpose. It is to express how changing the different endings between Try and Next create a new outlook and coherency of the series in general. That isn't enough to instigate a reasonable discussion with thoughts and comments on differences and impact? Would you actually like me to type pages leaving no room for anyone else to comment on?
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

LastElixir

LordKefka

Quote from: "PyronIkari"

This is all you needed to say.

Anyways, what I meant was if there was a way to have the Lord of NIghtmare appear in Try while the 5 weapons ending appear in next without completely changing everything plot wise, and I mean major plot wise.

Destroying Dugradigdo seems more appropriate for Lord of Nightmares to do.

I already KNOW anything past Next was not going to be anymore climatic since we can't have anything above LoN unless he can somehow go super saiyan. I'm saying if it would have been better/preferred/changed.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

otakuapprentice

yea.......not everyone had access to anime back then, for it was still small in the U.S.

heck, i haven't even seen Slayers. does that matter? no, and don't say it does.

just because it came out a decade ago doesn't mean you need to make an insult that was not necessary; we can't watch every single piece of anime that comes out.

Quote from: "PyronIkari"I'm fairly certain I have seen more.
now that wasn't even needed.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

PyronIkari

Okay, I'll try to use simpler language this time.

Slayers Try The series was made because the popularity of the Slayers was still extremely high by the end of Slayers Next which was supposed to be the end(outside of the movies). Because of this popularity, they made another series, which was quite half assed... which is Slayers Try.

That is why the ending of Next is extremely epic compared to Try, which was just tacked on to make money.

Now, I was speaking of popular opinion, so it very much applies to this thread.

For your logic to work... Try would have had to come first. But this is/was impossible to do since the reasonings behind it, as I've explained.

QuoteOk, first of all, I don't CARE about that fact. You acted like I was saying Next was better than Try, which I didn't. I have no idea what warranted to you bring that out like it had any connection with what I am referring to.
Oh but it is. Next is way better than Try. The ending of Next, the build up was good... Try's overall story and purpose was quite stupid and written quickly just to please fans and make money(It didn't please them that much, but it sure made them money).

QuoteYes, my topic does have a purpose. It is to express how changing the different endings between Try and Next create a new outlook and coherency of the series in general. That isn't enough to instigate a reasonable discussion with thoughts and comments on differences and impact? Would you actually like me to type pages leaving no room for anyone else to comment on?
And I explain for a third time. You CAN'T just change the endings, you'd have to completely change the flow of the plot, which would make it

Slayers->Slayers Try -> Slayers Next.

You can't go...
Slayers ->Slayers Next minus the ending -> Slayers Try -> SLayers Next's Ending

You're right, Slayers Next's ending was better and much bigger in level... because it was meant to be the real ending.

What else is there to discuss?

EDIT:

Otakuapprentice: He was the one that stated it, not me. And I don't care if you haven't, or have seen it to be honest... I'm speaking about reasonings. I watch a lot of old stuff today. Tsukikage Ran I hadn't watched until 2002. But that's way lesser known, and most people have never even heard of it. When you're speaking about a huge staple series, that has been more than discussed to death, etc.

Okay, here' I'll bring it into more realistic comparisons.

If I made a thread right now about Cowboy Bebop and was like "WOW THIS SERIES WOULDA BEEN AWESOME IF THEY FOCUSED MORE ON VISCIOUS!"

Don't even deny most of you would be like "uh... okay?" or maybe a "yeah..." and thought to yourself "this series is old as hell why are you bringing it up now?"

LordKefka

Omg.. it's not what I'm saying...

I already mentioned I KNOW. I'm saying if it would be AWESOME if the different endings would have switched placed. I'm not talking about changing crap that's made or happened.

And I'm fairly certain you have not seen more.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

LastElixir

this thread is more active and entertaining than that BET crap on tv.

j

LordKefka

PyronIkari, I don't know how many people I speak for but shut the **** up. You completely changed this topic into your own little base of bringing in random factual crap that isn't related to what I'm talking about.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "LordKefka"You acted like I was saying Next was better than Try, which I didn't.
You're right, Slayers Next's ending was better.

What else is there to discuss?

yea, i still don't see where he says it.

PyronIkari

QuoteI seriously think becoming Lord of Nightmares is more badass and appropriate than the 5 weapons blah blah thing to end a series( not to mention how touchy the scene between Goury and Lina was)... =\
I'm going to guess you're just bad at reading Otakuapprentice

But because it probably got skipped I will add my edit...

QuoteEDIT:

Otakuapprentice: He was the one that stated it, not me. And I don't care if you haven't, or have seen it to be honest... I'm speaking about reasonings. I watch a lot of old stuff today. Tsukikage Ran I hadn't watched until 2002. But that's way lesser known, and most people have never even heard of it. When you're speaking about a huge staple series, that has been more than discussed to death, etc.

If I made a thread right now about Cowboy Bebop and was like "WOW THIS SERIES WOULDA BEEN AWESOME IF THEY FOCUSED MORE ON VISCIOUS!"

Don't even deny most of you would be like "uh... okay?" or maybe a "yeah..." and thought to yourself "this series is old as hell why are you bringing it up now?"

G.I.R

Quote from: "PyronIkari"And I explain for a third time. You CAN'T just change the endings, you'd have to completely change the flow of the plot, which would make it

Slayers->Slayers Try -> Slayers Next.

It's called a hypothetical question.  Or, in simpler terms, a question asked for getting a speculative answer.  It.s not as if LordKefka demanded the series be changed.  But I'm sure you'll dissagree with my post to.

PyronIkari

QuoteIt's called a hypothetical question. Or, in simpler terms, a question asked for getting a speculative answer. It.s not as if LordKefka demanded the series be changed. But I'm sure you'll dissagree with my post to.
Hypothetical questions need a basis of logic. Try's whole existance only exists because Next existed before it. And even then I said...

Next's ending is better and should have come at the end of the series.

LordKefka

QuoteI seriously think becoming Lord of Nightmares is more badass and appropriate than the 5 weapons blah blah thing to end a series( not to mention how touchy the scene between Goury and Lina was)... =\

QuoteEDIT:

You ignorant fool. CB was aired on adult swim and over popularized for ages. I'm talking about Slayers, Slayers Next, and Slayers Try where dedicated Slayers fan would follow through all 3. And Slayers a staple series? Maybe a long time ago? Something wrong with bring it up again? You're going to tell me if I bring up Video Girl Ai, BGC, Ruin Explorers it'll be typical because it WAS popular back in the days? Try again.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

LordKefka

QuoteIt's called a hypothetical question. Or, in simpler terms, a question asked for getting a speculative answer. It.s not as if LordKefka demanded the series be changed. But I'm sure you'll dissagree with my post to.
Hypothetical questions need a basis of logic. Try's whole existance only exists because Next existed before it. And even then I said...

Next's ending is better and should have come at the end of the series.

It's not logical when I say I think it would have been more awesome and more appropriate if the ending of Try had the ending of Next? O M GEE!
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

otakuapprentice

QuoteEDIT:

very well put, yet LK only stated that "becoming Lord Of Nightmares is more badass and appropriate than the 5 weapons blah blah thing to end a series", not that it was a better ending.

And the thing about Cowboy Bebop and Viscious? you'd probably be wrong on that.

besides, everyone has brought up an old anime at least once in discussion.