Who wants a Tattoo?

Started by Jerry, August 14, 2007, 09:03:29 AM

babytealeaf

Quote from: "XpHoBiaX"Actually, I wanted to cover up some scars on my left arm. I want to make a tribal sleeve thingy. So, the bum isn't really a first choice. I don't want people to see the scars...I'd rather them see a wicked tattoo.

that would be cool :)

yeah, personally i wouldn't get inked on my bum, but that's just me. i plan on getting a half-sleeve in the future - a pirate ship of some sort ^^

Crazy_Saiko

Quote from: "babytealeaf"
Quote from: "Crazy_Saiko"-^^- yea
i'm totally excited
but how do i make sure a place is a good place to get a tattoo
i dont' want to get it at just anywhere
you know what i mean?

well, you have to think about if you want it to be easily seen, or if you want to be able to cover it up. from there, it's really up to you. for me, i just knew where i wanted to get mine... i can see myself with the tattoo on my body before i get it =)

as for getting one on your bum, i think that's a popular first choice for location. i hear it's relatively painless... only downside is that the tattoo artist gets to stare at your behind, so choose one you're comfortable with!
no i meant where to get it done at what place
not where on my body
i know where i want it on my body

my question is like
what should i look for at place
to make sure it's an okay place to
get my tattoo at
<br />Please, PM me if you\'re curious.

babytealeaf

Quote from: "Crazy_Saiko"
Quote from: "babytealeaf"
Quote from: "Crazy_Saiko"-^^- yea
i'm totally excited
but how do i make sure a place is a good place to get a tattoo
i dont' want to get it at just anywhere
you know what i mean?

well, you have to think about if you want it to be easily seen, or if you want to be able to cover it up. from there, it's really up to you. for me, i just knew where i wanted to get mine... i can see myself with the tattoo on my body before i get it =)

as for getting one on your bum, i think that's a popular first choice for location. i hear it's relatively painless... only downside is that the tattoo artist gets to stare at your behind, so choose one you're comfortable with!
no i meant where to get it done at what place
not where on my body
i know where i want it on my body

my question is like
what should i look for at place
to make sure it's an okay place to
get my tattoo at

oh, lol sorry.

uhm, ask people who have gotten work done that looks good where they went. check out different places and make sure they're clean and you're comfortable with the artists. ALWAYS check out their portfolio. and remember.. you get what you pay for. so don't go to a place just because they're cheap unless their work is good (clean lines, bright colors, etc.).

XpHoBiaX

What I did when I was looking for a place to get pierced was visit a few of the shops I heard of. I'd go in and talk to the owners, look through their books and ask them general questions. I'd go on a low volume day, meaning not alot of people around.

I would ask them about their shop, procedures, get to know them. I had visited at least three shops, and the first thing I would take notice of is their cleanliness. Following shortly after would be good PR skills. I don't like jerks, it's bad for business anyways.

I wouldn't want to go to a place that I would feel uncomfortable. I continued visiting this one parlor for a while, and got to know the people who worked there, as well as their regular customers. So when I finally got the courage to go in and pay for a labret, I was confident in the people around me. They made it quite enjoyable, and since they knew me a little, it wasn't that bad.

Minagi-chan

I like henna tattoos because they come off after a while.  Plus they smell good.
<3 Miss Coquine <3
We slip and slide as we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough.

XpHoBiaX

I love the smell of henna too. It's great lol

AbsolutelyCursed

Got this about a week ago. It's only a temp tattoo (lasted like 2 days). It's the kanji symbol for 'flame'.

Crazy_Saiko

oh man
i have to start saving up for a small tattoo....
XD
but i'm so going to get it

ano....
who's gonna see it tho?
it's gonna be on my butt XD
<br />Please, PM me if you\'re curious.

Lactose

i love my tattoo. =)
my goal is to either get my next tattoo or my belly button pierced before the end of this year. =3
Lactose = Liz

XpHoBiaX

I am totally getting a Spyro the Dragon Tattoo. YUP.
kthnx goodbye.

otakuapprentice

no tat' for me, but i want a piercing...
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

punk_parfait

That's an awesome tattoo! ♥
But I think I'll stick to my own, I'd probably pass out from the shading anyways...

KawaiiAngel

Ive wanted a tattoo forever! I really want the chinese symbol for 'strength' next to my hip bone, small, not too dramatic :P

Sorry if my reply makes no relevent sense to the topic, but I read the heading...to lazy to read anything else ;D

Quinnykins

I have.... Five tattoos. Two of them have merged into one on my left shoulder/arm and is becoming a tribal sleeve. I have a symbol from Blade on my back, I have dragon prints up the inside of my right arm and a vine with leaves going up my stomach. Both the stomach one and the shoulder/arm/back are far from finished.

:)

Yes, if you rub it on the back of a duck it goes quite fast.

babytealeaf

@ Quinnykins: I love the dragon prints on your arm! So cute ^^ And the tribal looks really nice too.

I realized I never posted pics of my tattoos so..

I also have a large thigh piece but I don't have any pictures of it finished (unfinished pic is here), a nautical star on my hip and a heart behind my ear.

Kazuko

I like to look at Tattoo art but never have any on my skin =(

I really like henna alot because its removable

Quinnykins

@ Babytealeaf

Thanks for the comments! I love your work too! I must admit I have been very wary of getting any full colour pieces done. I'm attached to the simpleness of my tribal and the dragon is a big step. Still hasn't been finished as it only has one wing and no bottom half... but eventually it'll have a friend (the one that made the foot prints)!
Yes, if you rub it on the back of a duck it goes quite fast.

XpHoBiaX

I won't be getting a tattoo this bday...but maybe next time. State disability is being a bitch to work with.GAH  >:( But i WLL get one. I promise!!!

Jerry

i honest dont think ill ever be cool enough to get a tattoo...

that plus, what would the wife and kids think?  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

XpHoBiaX

I won't be having any significant others anytime soon. So, I am gonna get what I want. If my significant other doesn't like it he/she can go away. *thats putting it nicely*

I won't change for anyone, nor will I bend their way. I've done that enough this past year. I live for myself. I wanna get that phrase in Italian... when I have funds. lol