Braveheart

I has 2 Tatoo   :)

Right Arm

Left Calf
.\\ike

Rovers Department Head
Fanime Operations

*Proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

I support all cosplayers and their freedom to carry accurate props that conform to FanimeCon guidelines

Runewitt

all i have right now, but i'm drawing up something for after newyears, a spade with the number 13 pushed together into a B for my initial.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Lactose

i found out my next one is only going to cost about half as much as i thought.

i cant wait. =D
Lactose = Liz

Jun-Watarase

How are tattoos normally priced, anyway?

It'd be cool if I could get Banksy's parachute rat somewhere. I wouldn't know where, though. :S

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Lactose

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on December 17, 2007, 02:17:51 PM
How are tattoos normally priced, anyway?

generally places have a minimum price and then tack more on for lots of time/color/size.
i thought mine was going to be $150-200, but the guys going to do it for closer to $100. =D

although that could be because im the cute girl who makes his green tea smoothies everyday. but whatev. my other one was only $50. =P
Lactose = Liz

babytealeaf

oooh, what are you getting? :D

Prices are based on the size/color/intricacy of the design; knowing your artist is a plus because they might give you a price break ^^ For larger pieces they may give you the option of a flat price or an hourly rate. I paid $500 for my flower piece which took a little over 5 hours o_o my boyfriend paid over $1000 for a full colored koi on his calf and that was done in three 3-hour sessions. Oh yeah, don't forget to tip your artist :)

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: babytealeaf on December 17, 2007, 03:21:38 PM

Prices are based on the size/color/intricacy of the design; knowing your artist is a plus because they might give you a price break ^^ For larger pieces they may give you the option of a flat price or an hourly rate. I paid $500 for my flower piece which took a little over 5 hours o_o my boyfriend paid over $1000 for a full colored koi on his calf and that was done in three 3-hour sessions. Oh yeah, don't forget to tip your artist :)

HOOOOLY crap. I guess I should've expected that it'd be that expensive, given how difficult it must be to do. I have a lot of tattoos in mind, but I'm normally too chicken to get one. Disregarding the money, pain, and etc... I'm afraid of regretting it later in my life. I might get something that looks cool to me now, then hate it years later or have it look weird once I'm a mum. Not only that, but I won't be allowed to do a couple of things that might not allow big tattoos, or uh... wear clothes that don't match.

I've wanted to get (though sort of cliche), a dragon over my shoulder and down my bicep. I like the look of koi and peonies, which'd compliment them I suppose. There are other things I like, like doves and suns and buddhist mantras but I'd probably won't get any of those with so many thoughts against tattooing echoing in mind. Not that I don't like tattoos, but I really don't want to feel regret getting older, but at the same time, it bugs me NOT getting them. I also feel like I should wait until I have something significant to put on myself, and that at the moment, I'm too young to decide what I'll like later in the future. I'm sure a lot of people considering tattoos have feelings like this once in a while.

I really do love the rats Banksy does, though!

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

babytealeaf

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on December 17, 2007, 04:38:36 PM
Quote from: babytealeaf on December 17, 2007, 03:21:38 PM

HOOOOLY crap. I guess I should've expected that it'd be that expensive, given how difficult it must be to do. I have a lot of tattoos in mind, but I'm normally too chicken to get one. Disregarding the money, pain, and etc... I'm afraid of regretting it later in my life. I might get something that looks cool to me now, then hate it years later or have it look weird once I'm a mum. Not only that, but I won't be allowed to do a couple of things that might not allow big tattoos, or uh... wear clothes that don't match.

I've wanted to get (though sort of cliche), a dragon over my shoulder and down my bicep. I like the look of koi and peonies, which'd compliment them I suppose. There are other things I like, like doves and suns and buddhist mantras but I'd probably won't get any of those with so many thoughts against tattooing echoing in mind. Not that I don't like tattoos, but I really don't want to feel regret getting older, but at the same time, it bugs me NOT getting them. I also feel like I should wait until I have something significant to put on myself, and that at the moment, I'm too young to decide what I'll like later in the future. I'm sure a lot of people considering tattoos have feelings like this once in a while.

I really do love the rats Banksy does, though!

If you get the Banksy rat in one color, I don't think it would be too terribly expensive, depending on the size.

And I know how you feel about regretting tattoos. I'm sure everyone thinks about if they really want to live with what they get tattooed for the rest of their life. Just think about it for a long time and make sure you're really happy with your design and placement. I'm still thinking about if I want to get a half-sleeve of a pirate ship on my arm; I've been thinking about it for over a year and it'll probably be a long time before I decide to do it or not since it would not easily be hidden. Haha, I'll probably end up getting it when I'm 70 or something.

Ayamachi

I definitely want some tattoos... I've had a vine design for my shoulders in mind for a couple of years, but I think the priority would be ones for my forearms to cover up the burn scars from work, damn things.
Alternate personalities for Fanime 2008:
TimeJump Hinata: 9%
Koumei: 8%
Black Jack: 67%
Gwendal: 38%

Lactose

im getting the spiritual stones from ocarina of time on top of the symbol on the song of time blocks. =D
its going to be about 3" by 5" and between my shoulderblades, and the guy who's doing it is VERY good at color, so im gonna have him go all out with it. =D

probably february sometime, i cant wait. =D
Lactose = Liz

Jerry

Just thought these one was cool.

And Aya. because she's hawt.  :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

crazychichi

Now you have me thinking of getting a tattoo on my lower left back hip area.....  bad jerry!
Fanime Safety on Site 2008
Fanime Rovers 2007

Kenie

Hey, can you guys create a tatto of the piaring of Gaara and Naruto?  And a tattooo of Luffy from One Piece? pleease!!!
Live a Life at Ease
Always Follow Your Dreams

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Kenie on December 28, 2007, 04:40:13 PM
Hey, can you guys create a tatto of the piaring of Gaara and Naruto?  And a tattooo of Luffy from One Piece? pleease!!!

This... isn't a tattoo request thread. What most people do is find an image of what they want, modify it themselves, or ask the artist to do it for them, and choose that as your tattoo.

FanimaidCafe.com

incness

I just got my second tattoo last night. It's Al's Blood seal from FMA, and it's got blood dripping from the bottom of it. It's between the base of my neck and top of my back. I absolutely love it. My cousin Izzy did it, aswell as my first one, which is the nickname my baby sister gave me, Gobi (pronounced Gob-ee)

I shall post a pic as soon as I have one taken ^_^
"My Dear Madame, if you could be so kind as to afford me the liberty to allow myself to emancipate my inner thoughts in a form of self expression, I would very much love to blow your head OFF"

edendreams

I'm going to get my first tattoo... umm funny enough i drew the symbol on my latest drawing

http://edendreams.deviantart.com/art/Breathless-74086681

err so there's 2 parts on there... the S-type design on her dress i'm going to get on the inner part of my foot and the wing pattern on the staff is going to go on either shoulder blade on my back

ehh hehe ^-^ i figured if i'm going to get a tattoo to do something that i designed myself so it holds more meaning

a little art by me ^-^