Yoruichi~ Bleach~ Cosplay help

Started by fighter_for_hire, August 15, 2007, 05:50:06 PM

fighter_for_hire

So here's what I got:

Yoruichi in my belief is Indian... in meaning so she is dark skinned. I am a white girl, I'm a light tan colour... I need to find away to paint my skin her color so that it looks like my actual skin and it will wash off. I don't like for anything greasy and nothing that will stay on for a week...

Another issue: She has BIG breasts... I'm an A 34 and I need to go to a D cup.

And I'm doing the butterfly version so I can't exactly wear a bra... and I know I'm being picky sorry... I like to look accurate.  

IF you could help me with this I will give you a cookie! Thank you so much!

Yukari Kaiba

personally, i dont think Yoruichi's skin color should limit you (ive seen plenty of excellent Yoruichi cosplayers who dont have her skin color). but if you'd like to go for accuracy, your best bet would be to look into theater makeup - its made so it wont run with sweat or rub off , but will wash off when you want it to ^^
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

bahamutknightzero

Yukari has the right idea on not lettting little things limit you, but since you are trying for accuracy, what he said sounds about right.

Minagi-chan

Theatrical makeup is definitely a good option (I personally use an assault of Ben Nye products for school productions), but sometimes difficult to apply evenly over large areas like the arms. I would recommend a skintone bodysuit like this http://www.cosplaysupplies.com/hosery/8578_resize.jpg that isn't too sheer.  You could probably find one in a dance/gymnastic wear shop like Capezio.  If you can find one in a color you like, that would take care of the pigmentation of your arms and back and you could match a theatrical makeup to the color of the suit for your neck, face and hands.  
A suit is also a good option because it would allow you to wear a (seamless) bra to enhance your bust.  Silicone falsies are a good move as well if you're dead set on the smoothest look possible.  I think they sell a variety of bust-related support and enhancement bits and pieces you could sew into your costume at Joann fabric stores, but I don't know exactly what they have.
If you're not vehemently against alternative lifestyles or afraid of extreme crossdressing, it probably wouldn't hurt browsing around transgender websites to catch tips.
<3 Miss Coquine <3
We slip and slide as we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough.

Reinna

I'm cosplaying Yoruichi too! ;DD  Same version. x]

I don't think the skin tone and bust problem is too much of an issue.  Do you tan at all?  Personally, I'm planning on tanning like crazy before the con, and just going like that.  If not, there's some makeup, or insta-tan stuff you could probably use.  Since only the face and arms are really showing, it's not too much to cover.

Bust-wise, well, I'm just settling for wearing a black bra (or possibly white, I haven't decided) that ties around the neck.  There will be something showing, but I'm not too comfortable with showing my entire back anyway, so that's not too much of an issue with me.  There are also those bras that are essentially cups that you attach onto your bust, with no straps or back or anything. Can't tell you how much those cost, unfortunately.  You can also try sewing padding into your top to make it bigger.

Out of curiosity, how are you managing the big white hornet's crest on your shirt, if at all?  I was thinking about making a cutout and spray-painting it on, but I don't know if that will last, or rub off or anything.  My meager sewing skills, unfortunately, won't let me sew or embroider it on, so I'll have to color it somehow...

Also, is spray paint safe to use on skin? ;O  *also wants to spraw paint a hornet's crest onto her cheek/shoulder*

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: "Reinna"

Also, is spray paint safe to use on skin? ;O  *also wants to spraw paint a hornet's crest onto her cheek/shoulder*

don't use spray paint on your skin, its not good for your skin. instead use liquid eyeliner - it dries fast and doesnt smudge (its what i use to do the tattoo eyebrows for my Renji cosplay ^^)
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

phoenixphire24

If you don't want to go with a body suit (which will be more comfortable), I'd use the Ben Nye Liquid Paint. You can thin it down with a bit of sealer (they sell it too) and use an airbrush. You can cover a large area and it will look pretty even. It doesn't come off too much unless it gets wet. You can even use it on your face. You can also use their cake make-up blended with the sealer to make a liquid which can be airbrushed or sponged on.

I wouldn't recommend using latex paint or just tanning as it is BAD for your skin.

Reinna

Quote from: "Yukari Kaiba"
Quote from: "Reinna"

don't use spray paint on your skin, its not good for your skin. instead use liquid eyeliner - it dries fast and doesnt smudge (its what i use to do the tattoo eyebrows for my Renji cosplay ^^)
Hrm, okay, thanks.

hellangel

Quote from: "Reinna"Out of curiosity, how are you managing the big white hornet's crest on your shirt, if at all?  I was thinking about making a cutout and spray-painting it on, but I don't know if that will last, or rub off or anything.  My meager sewing skills, unfortunately, won't let me sew or embroider it on, so I'll have to color it somehow...

Fabric paint, of course, Kyouya. XD I think I've got a lot of white, want to use some of mine?

I'll do your makeup, too. I've got everything anyway. *is theatre makeup artist* (SAY NO TO SPRAY PAINT >_<)
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX