Air Gear Gathering

Started by budds, October 22, 2007, 04:19:25 PM

Ban Mido

I can't wait sounds like the gathering this time will be biggers and hopefully more people will be on rollerblades :D I remember last time it was only a few of us :<

HavicMichaelchris

Depending on the day of the gathering I may be Akira.
Cosplays: L, Kyo, Pip, Ed, Luxord, And more listed elsewhere.

budds

UPDATED!!!

Bad news DX
Im not going to be doing Kazu, I switched to being Roxas. But ill still manage this forum ^^
Well...EXPLOSIONS!!

~Cosplay in Progess~
                            Haseo(.hack//GU)-0%
                             Kazu(Air Gear)-90%

JiiiWiz

Quote from: HavicMichaelchris on March 07, 2008, 09:38:00 PM
Depending on the day of the gathering I may be Akira.

Well, the gathering is going to be at 3 pm on Sunday. That is what we're going for right now and I think it's going to stay that way.

But for the gathering, I won't be able to wear roller blades xD since I am wearing a dress and if that gets caught in the wheels...D: Akito would be knocked out lol. xD So yeah. It's so exciting!!!
"Please don't.."

shinjiboy

GG--don't fall  ;)!

budds--That's not bad news.  The more variety, the better the meet will be.  We certainly don't want to have an Air Gear meeting with only Ikkis, Kazus, and Ringos.  That would be uh...like the Naruto gatherings full of Narutos, Kakashis, and Sasukes.  Don't get me wrong, I love Naruto, but it's getting to the point where the cosplay is overdone.  Send me a PM if you wanna bash me.  ;D

Kyonluver

I have two friends who will be
dressing up as Ume and Mikan with me
=3

<Fanime '16>
Reese~ACNL
RainbowQuartz~SU
Alkaid~.Hack

JiiiWiz

Quote from: Kyonluver on March 11, 2008, 08:06:41 PM
I have two friends who will be
dressing up as Ume and Mikan with me
=3
o.o really? xD That's great!! I'll add them both to the cosplay.com list x3 We hope to see you guys there too! =D
"Please don't.."

shinjiboy

How is everyone's cosplay comin' along?

I just need to find that red jacket and paint my Rollerblades.  I got my hair cut today which should be pretty spiky come May.  K, that's all I have for now. 

JiiiWiz

Yes! My cosplay for Akito (in a wedding dress) Is now done! Just need to add the crosses on the sleeves ^_^ and I am set.
"Please don't.."

shinjiboy

Super excited now!

I just bought my gloves and am waiting on the day till the bid ends for my red jacket.  I'll be going as the pre-Kogarasumaru Ikki.  I posted a thread on the "Creative" section below, but if anyone is willing to make the "ROCKS" sign on the back of his jacket, I'd be willing to pay.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday where we are gonna own the fountains!

shinjiboy

Attention Air Gear cosplayers,

Lycan510 and I are doing an early Air Gear photoshoot with Spookyelectric.  If anyone can make it on Friday @ 2 PM, come join us.  And make sure to bring your roller...err Air Treks.

That's all, can't wait to see everyone.

JiiiWiz

Quote from: shinjiboy on May 15, 2008, 04:11:19 PM
Attention Air Gear cosplayers,

Lycan510 and I are doing an early Air Gear photoshoot with Spookyelectric.  If anyone can make it on Friday @ 2 PM, come join us.  And make sure to bring your roller...err Air Treks.

That's all, can't wait to see everyone.

Like I told Lycan510, I MIGHT be able to come to the photoshoot, but not really sure. Any ideas where it might be? I'll be sure to stop by and say hello. (Will be in my chii cosplay lol)
"Please don't.."

shinjiboy

Here's a crazy idea.

How bout someone bring a portable boombox to play some music.  It would be so good if we had some beat to skate to.  It doesn't even have to be Air Gear music, though it would be kind of fitting. 

Unfortunately, I do not have such a portable device.  My laptop wouldn't be loud enough.

JiiiWiz

Quote from: shinjiboy on May 16, 2008, 07:37:40 PM
Here's a crazy idea.

How bout someone bring a portable boombox to play some music.  It would be so good if we had some beat to skate to.  It doesn't even have to be Air Gear music, though it would be kind of fitting. 

Unfortunately, I do not have such a portable device.  My laptop wouldn't be loud enough.

Hm, I might be able to bring a portable boombox, I might need to burn some CD's as well so we can play it in the CD player part. If someone else brought a boombox, then I can bring some CD's or something.
"Please don't.."

JiiiWiz

Ok, nevermind about the boombox xD I can't bring any CD's either.
"Please don't.."

shinjiboy

I thought up another crazy idea.  We should "ride" through the con on Sunday for those of us who have ATs.  Like really fast, that would look super cool.  In and out real fast, so we don't get busted for doing something dangerous.

Otherwise, I just wanted to let you know that the outside pavement is kinda rough.  I was here last year too, but I had never really paid much attention to the ground.  Those on rollerblades, heads up. 

I have 4 orange cones too.  Would any of you like me to bring em to the meet?  It's great for showing off your rollerblading skills.  As a reference, look up "Slalom rollerblading Korea" on YouTube.  It looks like that.  Fanime has finally started. 

JiiiWiz

We would get in a bit of trouble though. This message was from the facility manager matt.
"Sorry for taking so long to get back on this one! We had to check with our
hotels on their policy.
> Skates aren't allowed on the upper concourse of the convention center
> or in any of the hotels. If this person is wearing heelys, most likely
> the facilities won't give them a hard time as long as they aren't
> doing anything dangerous or damaging anything. Hope that helps."
"Please don't.."

Kyonluver

Ack. :O
I forgot to put down I switched to Akito
instead of my original plan of Ringo.

I'll still have my mikan in tag though.
:3

<Fanime '16>
Reese~ACNL
RainbowQuartz~SU
Alkaid~.Hack

Ban Mido

So the gathering was pretty sexy, I was the Kogarasumaru Ikki with my fellow teamate Kazu. If anyone has pictures of us I would hug you to deaths for them or just a simple thank you O:

JiiiWiz

This year's Air Gear gathering was alright. Sadly, mostly half of the other air gear cosplayers never showed up. Sorry if the gathering was a bit unorganized, but hopefully next year will be even better! ^^ We can even think of things to do while we are still in the gathering. Pics will be coming soon. 
"Please don't.."