Team Fortress 2 (TF2)

Started by ININ, October 22, 2007, 05:40:50 PM

Jerry

I'm barely any good at FPS games.

I'm what you call the fish in the barrel.

or cannon fodder. take your pick.  ::)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

gmontem

Quote from: ININ on November 01, 2007, 09:05:36 AMThe other Engineer was building the sentry and I followed his move.  I should have built a transport =__=

Yeah it's generally a good idea that the first thing you build is an entrance portal in front of the spawn area.  Just remember to run back and resupply yourself.  In sudden death mode, the supply rooms cease to work so the first thing to build is a dispenser.  If you build a sentry first, you may not be able to find enough ammo and fallen weapons on the ground to build a dispenser.  Be sure to tell the group where you built the dispenser, too.

QuoteI should be free Saturday night.

w00t! Anyone else down?
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

gmontem

Quote from: Jerry on November 01, 2007, 10:01:08 AM

D:

Well maybe there's a class in TF2 that you will find yourself doing well.

i feel so loved!

clawmaster

any of u guys dressing up as one of the TF 2' guys?

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

gmontem

Quote from: clawmaster on November 02, 2007, 02:36:49 PM
any of u guys dressing up as one of the TF 2' guys?
I've been thinking of dressing up as a spy.  Since Fanime will undoubtedly have a Weighted Companion Cube/Balikbayan Box cosplayer we should have a TF2 or VALVe or American Video Game cosplay gathering!

i feel so loved!

Magical Senpai

I'm planning to be an Engineer, complete with Level 1 Sentry Gun.

ININ

Quote from: gmontem on November 01, 2007, 11:39:47 AM
Quote from: ININ on November 01, 2007, 09:05:36 AMThe other Engineer was building the sentry and I followed his move.  I should have built a transport =__=

Yeah it's generally a good idea that the first thing you build is an entrance portal in front of the spawn area.  Just remember to run back and resupply yourself.  In sudden death mode, the supply rooms cease to work so the first thing to build is a dispenser.  If you build a sentry first, you may not be able to find enough ammo and fallen weapons on the ground to build a dispenser.  Be sure to tell the group where you built the dispenser, too.

QuoteI should be free Saturday night.

w00t! Anyone else down?

Great advice.  I remember some levels the portals are useless.  I saw Engineers building a dispenser in the middle of the battlefield.

My steam ID is ININ61.

Jerry, I stink too.  What's important is having fun.  So far, I experiened no bashing and bitching, and I'm one of the lowest scorers.  There was one game where both teams were engaged in a shootout in the middle of the batatlefield for at least seven minutes.  Then the offensive team said the heck with it.  In 3 seconds, we're all going to storm through and attack.  I'm having fun.

Ritchie, you rock XD

clawmaster

yea i am thinking about cosplaying as one of the guys from the game too. wonder if they are going to have a team fortess 2 tournment. not sure who to cosplay as. I am stuck between the spy, engineer, scout, Demoman

oh btw my tagger name is clawmaster

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

gmontem

A TF2 Tournament sounds interesting but I think you may need to reserve two separate rooms, or separate the teams as far away as possible, far enough to prevent eavesdropping, if you want it done properly.

Richie, I lawled at your sig. :)

i feel so loved!

Appu

I am fully charged. [BZZZZZZZZZT]
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

clawmaster

hey guys i made a thread in the cosplay section. since some of us are going to dress up as the team fortress guys if we get more people into it we can have a gathering. hope it does ^^.  btw Richie your sig rocks XD.

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,8239.msg188734.html#msg188734

gmontem

I'm tempted to make a spray paint out of Richie's sig pic, minus the advertisements.   ;D

i feel so loved!

Emerge

me sans $ = Team Fortress Classic only :(

i dont really want to get the orange box, considering TF2 would be the only game i'd really play.

i already know what happens at the end of HL2, and although i know how much fun Portal would be if i played it, i don't really like the fact that it has an end (or that it's single-player only. the ways i'd work in multi- are beyond me, but still...)

Juego

Quote from: Jerry on November 01, 2007, 10:01:08 AM

TBH, I'm rubbish at the normal FPS tropes - sniping, rocket jumping, etc. The class system in TF2 has finally let me find a niche. As the medic, I don't worry much about my aim (the medigun is very forgiving and "sticky"), and to a lesser extent, the map itself -- my base skills are just staying alive and keeping up with the pack.

Pyro's a bit the same. "Aim" is such a broad term when you wield a flame-thrower. And many pyros stay on defense, so you just need to know your own base/cap point really well.

Appu

I <3 Pyro [ref: avatar]. Whenever gmontem is on the other team, I'm a pyro - just to get him as a spy. I'm very trigger happy so I tend to catch 'em spies. M pyro also sez "holaholaho" when he dominates. Pretty great innit?
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

Juego

My grandpa's pet parrot says "holaholahola" all the time, heh.

I love teaming up with pyros as a medic, provided they stop just short of suicidal (wth is with some people who think the healbeam always makes them invincible? gotta wait 'til yer glowy, guys).

Maybe it's revenge for me being set on fire so much. Screw spies, this medic only truly fears the cleansing fire.

Appu

Quote from: Juego on November 12, 2007, 08:36:47 AM
Screw spies

Tell gmontem that, lol. And what's up with people not backing up when they are low on health? Like I've healed people and when they are not invincible anymore they still keep going even when they are low on health. You might as well retreat =/

BTW HEAVY IS A GOD. WORSHIP HIM!

ININ

Heavy never retreats from a fight.  We finish to death.  *looks at my stats*  Damn, my death score is too high  :P

Juego

addy

I play it TOO! TF2 SNiper All the way!! J/w are we allowed suppose to bring our computers to fanime? I saw a bunch of computers at fanime and wasn't sure if people brought those or if they were just out for people to use. I wanted to play but didn't know. :-P