Team Fortress 2 (TF2)

Started by ININ, October 22, 2007, 05:40:50 PM

Magical Senpai

Heads up, I'm gonna be closing down my server....

....and opening up a public one. Stay tuned after Fanime.

ININ

OK, thanks for organizing our own server :D  I still give you a donation for the private server at Fanime.

gmontem

Quote from: ININ on May 18, 2008, 01:19:06 PM
gmontem, what's your steamID?  I post your ID on the first page if you posted here because some people probably don't want to share their steamID here :)
I think mine's "gmontem"
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

ININ

gmontem, I added you at the first post  :)

gmontem

How was the tf2 cosplay turnout?

i feel so loved!

Emerge

Quote from: gmontem on May 27, 2008, 10:43:52 AM
How was the tf2 cosplay turnout?

plenty of Scouts, an Engie, and i saw one Heavy that went all out with an epic trash can/pvc pipe minigun.

gmontem

Aww no one cosplayed as the Goldrush mining cart?  XD

i feel so loved!

otakuapprentice

Quote from: gmontem on June 02, 2008, 11:59:37 AM
Aww no one cosplayed as the Goldrush mining cart?  XD
i dont think anyone even had that idea, but good one.

i did see alot of Portal cosplay, as well as a few medics(MEDIC NEXT YEAR FOR MEH!!!!)
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

ININ

I saw one medic.  otakuapprentice, make sure you have at least a bonesaw XD  I saw lots of scouts and spies.  I post the best TF2 cosplayer pics soon including clawmaster's Engineer.

I saw no Portal cosplayers >__>

otakuapprentice

Quote from: ININ on June 03, 2008, 10:36:13 AM
I saw one medic.  otakuapprentice, make sure you have at least a bonesaw XD  I saw lots of scouts and spies.  I post the best TF2 cosplayer pics soon including clawmaster's Engineer.

I saw no Portal cosplayers >__>
there were a few portal cosplayers on saturday and sunday, as well as some companion cubes abound.

@ININ: i saw scouts, spies, that one heavy, as well as an Engie. I'll try to have the upgraded weapons and not the classic ones.

ININ

@otakuapprentice, that explains why I didn't see Portal cosplayers on Saturday because I was at the FMA and Bleach gatherings.  Excellent choice for upgraded weapons XD

Here are pics of clawmaster's Engineer and the Heavy.  Clawmaster, gmontem had a good suggestion.  The next time you cosplay, bring your toolbox.  When someone asks for your picture, open the toolbox and show a minature sentry gun, dispenser, and teleporters on top of blueprints =)

Clawmaster's Engineer

Heavy

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Do you guys still play TF2? I'll hop on time to time.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

otakuapprentice

yup, but mostly on the weekends; i haven't played in a while.

Steve.Young

I haven't touched TF2 in a while.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Emerge

maybe we should hit up richie's server?

Spiritsnare

Meet the Sniper's up. Pretty damn good.

Also, let's play when the Pyro update hits. I haven't played in a while, myself.
epic progressive

vox

ININ

Add me to the list of not playing for a while.  Perhaps our lack of play turn into a scheduled day we play together.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Spiritsnare on June 17, 2008, 10:41:43 PM
Meet the Sniper's up. Pretty damn good.

Also, let's play when the Pyro update hits. I haven't played in a while, myself.
pyro update WHOO!!!

Umi.Ryuuzaki

http://www.steampowered.com/pyro/ if anyone hasn't looked at the unlocks. Also, in addition to this pryo patch, the standard flamethrower is getting this:

QuoteIn addition to the three unlockable Pyro weapons, we've made a significant addition to the base Pyro flamethrower. By hitting the alt-fire key, the Pyro is able to produce a blast of compressed air that knocks enemies away, and redirects enemy projectiles. It's a highly versatile tool, allowing Pyros to get away from nearby enemies after igniting them, to kill enemy soldiers with their own rockets, or to separate enemy Medics from their healing targets. In particular, it allows a skilled Pyro to contain an enemy invulnerability push, and even to separate the Medic completely if the surrounding terrain supports it.

RIP my Soldier D:
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Umi.Ryuuzaki on June 19, 2008, 02:05:08 PM
http://www.steampowered.com/pyro/ if anyone hasn't looked at the unlocks. Also, in addition to this pryo patch, the standard flamethrower is getting this:

QuoteIn addition to the three unlockable Pyro weapons, we've made a significant addition to the base Pyro flamethrower. By hitting the alt-fire key, the Pyro is able to produce a blast of compressed air that knocks enemies away, and redirects enemy projectiles. It's a highly versatile tool, allowing Pyros to get away from nearby enemies after igniting them, to kill enemy soldiers with their own rockets, or to separate enemy Medics from their healing targets. In particular, it allows a skilled Pyro to contain an enemy invulnerability push, and even to separate the Medic completely if the surrounding terrain supports it.

RIP my Soldier D:
this update is gonna be a lot of fun; unfortunately, Valve/Steam is not saying at what time exactly the update will go into effect.